Visit site
✟49,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I brought 3 varieties; Tioga Strawberry, Hokowase Strawberry, Red Gauntlet strawberry.

The tioga one is having new runners from the original plant-it got 1 current runner and it has another runner that just sprouted up.
I got this particular plant from Big W at a discount price.

Is this normal and how many runners will i get from one plant and does the continuing generation of the plant follow on with the same amount of runners or more?

Is it only some varities of Strawberry plants that produce runners?

First year of growing strawberries.

HotToast

Laughmaster
Aug 29, 2005
✟19,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They will all grow runners. You can do one of two things with them. Either cut them off and plant them (this will be easier if they have already formed roots). Or you can trim the plant. Which ever you choose to do, don't do it until autumn!

If you just let the produce more and more runners it won't fruit very well next year.

Upvote 0

encouraging loves animals

formerly known as encouragng_angels
May 31, 2004
South East Victoria
Visit site
✟49,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I do love to read. either runners haven't yet formed roots. its only 1 strawberry that done that so far. No runners on the others yet
Guess the other ones will do it when there ready

Upvote 0

encouraging loves animals

formerly known as encouragng_angels
May 31, 2004
South East Victoria
Visit site
✟49,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I haven't read any vegetable gardening book-but you find them at news paper agency, Big W, target etc, bookstores etc
just started growning my own vegetables, i do know 1 thing that alot of the drought tolerate plants are toxic to pets. I know alot of fruit/vegetables that safe for us to eat, can be dangerous to our pets and am currently writting up the toxic plant list in Microsoft excel-note even natural dog/cat food contain known toxic plants!

here is some vegetable plants books
http://www.greenharvest.com.au/books/vegetable_growing.html

Upvote 0