Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since you brought it up (what the Bible tells us), note that long before 'global warming' was ever thought of to be news,
the Bible tells us "it will get so hot men will curse Yahweh(God)" (instead of calling on Him for help) ....
I think it might also say they will try to hide from the heat, in caves, etc , but am not sure about this part...

It's in Revelation 16:8-9 "Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory."

Ouch!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everything has its cost. If you want to chase your tail, then it's none of my concern, but when you try to make me chase mine, then I'm not inclined to cooperate.
Even worse is when they demand you chase their tail... that does not exist.

• Agree
Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The government is the only entity with enough money to mount a serious effort. Sometimes you have to 'give the devil his due'.
Not true,
and
not true ever.
Jesus does say that without Him we can do nothing > John 15:5. So, yes worldly government people can potentially make things worse, while thinking they are doing things to make things better. Humans in general can do this.

Even so > Romans 13 talks about how God is able to use secular people for His good. And we see this happened, when God used Pharaoh to put Joseph in position to save many people's lives.

So, yes humans can mess up what they try to rescue, but God can use such people as He pleases when He pleases :)

My opinion is that humans can in different ways mess up the air. Ones do smog out whole cities. Oh, and by the way, when a volcano erupts, its soot for a while can hang in the air along airplane routes, and its fine particles can wear away the parts of passenger jet engines; so pilots are redirected around areas where there have been volcanic eruptions. This shows that in selected areas, yes the air can be changed.

So, on the overall, I would say things can add up to effect the whole atmosphere.

And I was told that space shuttles going through the ozone layer have altered it so it does not filter out the sun's rays, so well like it used to do. And so there can be more intense sun ray contact on earth, because of the thinning out of the atmospheric filter. I see how this can be a reduced version of how there is no atmosphere, at all, on the moon. On the moon, you can fry an egg on the lit side of the moon, while inches away on the dark side you can freeze the egg . . . something like this. From one side of the line to the other, there is a sharp temperature difference because there is no air to blend the temperatures from the dark side to the lit side.

So . . . if here on earth we have an area where the sun shines through with less filtering, the air filter is thinner so . . . I can see . . . the temperature difference between shaded and lit areas, or night and day, can be more sharply different than if the air was thicker to balance the dark and light temperatures more. And because the warmer and colder areas are more sharply imbalanced, there can be more intense rushing of cold under the warmer air, causing more storms.

So, this would not be because of only temperature changes, but because of more sharp temperature differences between darker and more lit areas.

But would this be global . . . or mainly under where the shuttles fly through?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It's in Revelation 16:8-9 "Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory."

Ouch!
Next,
did Jesus tell all of us/ Ekklesia/ His lifetime students/
these bad things
in order to frighten us ? To make us afraid ? (hint: no).....

I believe He explained to His Ekklesia why He told/tells us the very bad things that are happening/ will happen....

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you actively oppose efforts to reverse or mitigate climate change (global warming)?
You need to be more specific. What kind of efforts? Reducing pollution is always a good idea, but we have to be practical about it. Anyone use one of the so called " eco friendly" gas cans? A good example of how stupid some supposed ideas for reducing pollution are.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Man made global warming is a last days delusion.
There is no solution, there is no remedy, what the politicians of the world do is rack the people with high fuel taxes, and that creates energy poverty where people can not afford to drive their cars or heat their homes or even buy food in some countries. The world gets all worked up about the coming destruction by global warming, but in truth for them the end is a sudden destruction that they can not escape from.

2 Thessalonians 2
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

Malachi 4 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Great Day of God
“For behold, the day is coming,
Burning like an oven,
And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble.
And the day which is coming shall burn them up,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“That will leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But to you who fear My name
The Sun of Righteousness shall arise
With healing in His wings;
And you shall go out
And grow fat like stall-fed calves.
3 You shall trample the wicked,
For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet
On the day that I do this,”
Says the Lord of hosts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You need to be more specific. What kind of efforts?

Practical efforts on a large scale like,

growing and utilizing trees to sequester carbon. Whole logs can be milled to produce homes that are hurricane and fire resistant and self insulating while sequestering large amounts of carbon.

Utilizing organic waste and manures to bring marginal lands into productivity to sequester carbon.

Developing 'cement' colored asphalt to reflect heat back into space.

Developing field crops with large white flowers to reflect heat.

Airliners can release white colored biodegradable chaff to reflect heat away from earth as well.

Such efforts are only limited by our imagination.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Practical efforts on a large scale like,

growing and utilizing trees to sequester carbon. Whole logs can be milled to produce homes that are hurricane and fire resistant and self insulating while sequestering large amounts of carbon.

Utilizing organic waste and manures to bring marginal lands into productivity to sequester carbon.

Developing 'cement' colored asphalt to reflect heat back into space.

Developing field crops with large white flowers to reflect heat.

Airliners can release white colored biodegradable chaff to reflect heat away from earth as well.

Such efforts are only limited by our imagination.
With the exception of planting trees to replace what we use, I don't think any of those are going to do anything, realistically. Certainly, using manure on fields is helpful for growing crops, but most farmers here do that already.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
With the exception of planting trees to replace what we use, I don't think any of those are going to do anything, realistically. Certainly, using manure on fields is helpful for growing crops, but most farmers here do that already.

CAFO's (concentrated animal feeding operations) produce much more manure than can be safely or economically spread on fields, thus the continued use of chemicals. Farming has been called "manure management", but we're not managing it very well.

My other ideas give lots of bang for the buck. Especially my chaff idea, as enormous amounts of paper are being landfilled because the recycle market is glutted.

Adding a light color to asphalt will also make it more visible at night, especially in the rain.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CAFO's (concentrated animal feeding operations) produce much more manure than can be safely or economically spread on fields, thus the continued use of chemicals. Farming has been called "manure management", but we're not managing it very well.

My other ideas give lots of bang for the buck. Especially my chaff idea, as enormous amounts of paper are being landfilled because the recycle market is glutted.

Adding a light color to asphalt will also make it more visible at night, especially in the rain.
I don't quite get the chaff idea... It just sounds like littering on a grand scale. Course I'm not convinced that reflecting heat is going to do squat.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't quite get the chaff idea... It just sounds like littering on a grand scale. Course I'm not convinced that reflecting heat is going to do squat.

It is littering on a grand scale. Released at 35,000 feet these bits of paper will indeed reflect sunlight back into space before they slowly fall to earth. The huge number of airline flights across the earth combined with the huge amount of waste paper cries out for such a program. However the material would be hardly noticeable to anyone and would quickly degrade.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Would you actively oppose efforts to reverse or mitigate climate change (global warming)?
It depends on what the "efforts" are.

It would also depend on how much of the problem would be mitigated by adopting those projects.

The countries that account for most of the pollution in the world have no intention of stopping because they are more concerned about increasing the output of goods and services for their people. Therefore, if we do all that the Global Warming alarmists want us to do, and most of the rest of the world does not, what have we accomplished that amounts to saving the Earth?

That would be like us putting paper towels in the path of a tsunami. Yes, there probably would be SOME of the flood waters accounted for in that way, meaning that we could say "it worked!" by some twist of logic. But to what end? It wouldn't seriously affect the problem.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It depends on what the "efforts" are.

It would also depend on how much of the problem would be mitigated by adopting those projects.

The countries that account for most of the pollution in the world have no intention of stopping because they are more concerned about increasing the output of goods and services for their people. Therefore, if we do all that the Global Warming alarmists want us to do, and most of the rest of the world does not, what have we accomplished that amounts to saving the Earth?

That would be like us putting paper towels in the path of a tsunami. Yes, there probably would be SOME of the flood waters accounted for in that way, meaning that we could say "it worked!" by some twist of logic. But to what end? It wouldn't seriously affect the problem.

At the very least we would have developed programs that others could follow.

We won't know what programs will effective until we try them out. We can do the math on carbon sequestration however. We know the growth rates of trees, turf, carbon content, etc. We know the what and why of most of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
At the very least we would have developed programs that others could follow.
I hear you, but that meets only part of what I raised as issues in my post. For example, what cost does such a limited accomplishment incur, even if it does what you would hope for? The most enthusiastic climate control advocates seem never to look beyond "There's a problem; let's pass laws."

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hear you, but that meets only part of what I raised as issues in my post. For example, what cost does such a limited accomplishment incur, even if it does what you would hope for?

Those ideas would be just a small part of a larger plan. Like any other program the numbers would have to be crunched and economies of scale identified.

Regards my light-colored blacktop idea, the widespread and growing use of asphalt paving worldwide combined with it's limit useful life presents a huge opportunity to help reduce global warming.

https://eapa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/global_perspective.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hear you, but that meets only part of what I raised as issues in my post. For example, what cost does such a limited accomplishment incur, even if it does what you would hope for? The most enthusiastic climate control advocates seem never to look beyond "There's a problem; let's pass laws."

Why does it have to remain limited?

We have a huge poorly insulated roof on our apartment building. We're going to insulate over one unit and measure the results. If positive enough we will invest in insulating the entire roof.

The rush to pass laws always backfires as cooler heads prevail. However it does lead to gridlock, as we're seeing now. Effective programs must satisfy lots of requirements including protecting freedoms. Sadly problems have to get really bad before most people get on board.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why does it have to remain limited?
I was simply responding to the limited proposal you put to me in that post. If we are to go back to the whole enchilada, then what I posed as considerations in my earlier post would become relevant IMHO.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is littering on a grand scale. Released at 35,000 feet these bits of paper will indeed reflect sunlight back into space before they slowly fall to earth. The huge number of airline flights across the earth combined with the huge amount of waste paper cries out for such a program. However the material would be hardly noticeable to anyone and would quickly degrade.
Seems like a waste of time to me. Find a way to reuse that waste material to build houses or something.

Upvote 0