Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I care, the life of future generations is in jeopardy because of people with your unpleasant attitude.

Care = Action. I don't see much action.

What are you doing now that you didn't do before the problem came up?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Care = Action. I don't see much action.

What are you doing now that you didn't do before the problem came up?
Is you were watching the Titanic sink, what could you do about it even if you cared more than for money ?

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is you were watching the Titanic sink, what could you do about it even if you cared more than for money ?

Good point. It is our nature to wait for someone else to solve such problems while we sit back and enjoy the show. Or worse, to turn the problem into a cash cow and milk it for all it's worth. Our economy is largely made up of such.

I live in a very liberal, progressive city but recycling compliance is only 83 percent. Nearly 1 in 5 people put trash and garbage into the recycling stream. I heard of a test program to recycle food waste that was discontinued because of too many items that contaminated the material. This from people who actually volunteered for the program.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
True, and a lot of scientists are going to be embarrassed over it as no one is going to do anything meaningful about it. Nobody cares.
You do have a point.

How many of us would volunteer to cut back on our power consumption dramatically?

How many folk would give up their car and catch public transport?

How many people would avoid purchasing plastic and metal products, both plastic and metal products involve high CO2 emissions to manufacture?

How many countries around the world would drastically reduce coal and petroleum consumption for energy generation. Energy that is used for manufacturing, cooling, heating, e.t.c?

Care to limit your demand for agriculture products?

I seriously doubt whether many people in any society would understand the ramifications, of attempting to reduce their CO2 emissions.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You do have a point.

How many of us would volunteer to cut back on our power consumption dramatically?

How many folk would give up their car and catch public transport?

How many people would avoid purchasing plastic and metal products, both plastic and metal products involve high CO2 emissions to manufacture?

How many countries around the world would drastically reduce coal and petroleum consumption for energy generation. Energy that is used for manufacturing, cooling, heating, e.t.c?

Care to limit your demand for agriculture products?

I seriously doubt whether many people in any society would understand the ramifications, of attempting to reduce their CO2 emissions.

No need to go to extremes. We can cut back and still enjoy a high standard of living. We just need the right attitude and approach. Of course the missing dimension is leadership, citizen participation, and volunterism. Because of our disunity we are unable to marshal our human and material resources. We lack the will and therefore the means to solve many easily solved problems. We are the very problem 'we' are trying to solve. Most of 'us' think that 'they' are the problem. It looks pretty hopeless.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No need to go to extremes. We can cut back and still enjoy a high standard of living. We just need the right attitude and approach. Of course the missing dimension is leadership, citizen participation, and volunterism. Because of our disunity we are unable to marshal our human and material resources. We lack the will and therefore the means to solve many easily solved problems. We are the very problem 'we' are trying to solve. Most of 'us' think that 'they' are the problem. It looks pretty hopeless.
The points I posted about the steps to reduce global warming are not extreme steps to take.

The scientific world has seriously under estimated the actual degree of climate change.
It is not simply looking at the thermometer and noticing a rise in the global temperature.

It is where the heat is being absorbed that is the catastrophic component in global climate change. Not what the thermometer readings are telling us.

The oceans are taking in those CO2 emissions and the land based heat that is generated. The polar regions are absorbing the increasing heat effect of our CO2 emissions and the polar ice is melting.

The real hidden global temperature is actually rising faster but is masked by the earth's absorption of that increasing heat.

The devil is in the detail.

• Winner
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The points I posted about the steps to reduce global warming are not extreme steps to take.

The scientific world has seriously under estimated the actual degree of climate change.
It is not simply looking at the thermometer and noticing a rise in the global temperature.

It is where the heat is being absorbed that is the catastrophic component in global climate change. Not what the thermometer readings are telling us.

The oceans are taking in those CO2 emissions and the land based heat that is generated. The polar regions are absorbing the increasing heat effect of our CO2 emissions and the polar ice is melting.

The real hidden global temperature is actually rising faster but is masked by the earth's absorption of that increasing heat.

The devil is in the detail.

Agreed. That's why we should be acting, not just observing.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When you are working hard and raising kids, you don't have a lot of time to become aware, in a topic such as climate change. Many parents around the world would be somewhat ignorant of climate change and it's long term ramifications.

You may have an active social life and that reduces your ability to become conversant on a range of topics, including climate change.

Even politicians would be struggling to have a deeper understanding of climate change.

Many third world countries around the world have an economy based on high CO2 emissions. Most of them are increasing deforestation and increasing their agriculture.

If you can get China and India to cut back CO2 emissions, then you will reduce the world's CO2 emissions by anything up to 36%.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When you are working hard and raising kids, you don't have a lot of time to become aware, in a topic such as climate change. Many parents around the world would be somewhat ignorant of climate change and it's long term ramifications.

You may have an active social life and that reduces your ability to become conversant on a range of topics, including climate change.

Even politicians would be struggling to have a deeper understanding of climate change.

Many third world countries around the world have an economy based on high CO2 emissions. Most of them are increasing deforestation and increasing their agriculture.

If you can get China and India to cut back CO2 emissions, then you will reduce the world's CO2 emissions by anything up to 36%.

Our best efforts can't keep up with emissions. Even renewable energy can't keep up with growing energy needs, thus more fossil fuels are needed.

Changing habits is easy if you can change minds. Sadly we aren't very good at that.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Our best efforts can't keep up with emissions. Even renewable energy can't keep up with growing energy needs, thus more fossil fuels are needed.

Changing habits is easy if you can change minds. Sadly we aren't very good at that.
I would disagree with what you wrote.

Changing habits is very difficult, if not near impossible for most people. We know we need to be more active and exercise, the majority refuse to exercise. We know that what we eat matters and very few will change what they eat.
The majority of people will not change their ways in the simpler areas of their life, they definitely will not alter their energy intensive activities.

Mankind cannot change and will not change and that is why the world is in the state that it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would disagree with what you wrote.

Changing habits is very difficult, if not near impossible for most people. We know we need to be more active and exercise, the majority refuse to exercise. We know that what we eat matters and very few will change what they eat.
The majority of people will not change their ways in the simpler areas of their life, they definitely will not alter their energy intensive activities.

Mankind cannot change and will not change and that is why the world is in the state that it is.

Change starts in the mind. Once I made up my mind to quit smoking I did quit.

Problem is that people don't think that they are part of the problem.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would you actively oppose efforts to reverse or mitigate climate change (global warming)?

I am still waiting for global freezing claims from the 1970's to come true.

Climate changes, that's life.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
A group of 500 scientists and other experts have penned a letter to the UN declaring that there is no climate crisis and that there needs to be an open discussion on the issue of climate change. “We urge you to follow a climate policy based on sound science, realistic economics and genuine concern for those harmed by costly but unnecessary attempts at mitigation,” they write.
Five hundred scientists send letter to UN saying “There is no climate crisis” - The Post Millennial

Climate Intelligence (CLINTEL) is an independent foundation that operates in the fields of climate change and climate policy. CLINTEL’s main objective is to generate knowledge and understanding of the causes and effects of climate change as well as the effects of climate policy. Over 800 scientists and professionals have signed their 'World Climate Declaration', stating that there is no climate change emergency.

• Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Climate Intelligence (CLINTEL) is an independent foundation that operates in the fields of climate change and climate policy. CLINTEL’s main objective is to generate knowledge and understanding of the causes and effects of climate change as well as the effects of climate policy. Over 800 scientists and professionals have signed their 'World Climate Declaration', stating that there is no climate change emergency.
Do they accept what the Creator Says in His Word, that it will get so hot, men will curse Him ?(instead of turning to Him or even thinking of asking for help)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am still waiting for global freezing claims from the 1970's to come true.

Climate changes, that's life.

We've gotten the cure for global freezing, it's...global warming. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Do they accept what the Creator Says in His Word, that it will get so hot, men will curse Him ?(instead of turning to Him or even thinking of asking for help)

I don't think they're a religious organization.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Would you actively oppose efforts to reverse or mitigate climate change (global warming)?

I reject Anthropologic CO2 as a continued cause for global warming; but I do practice regenerative agricuture; which takes CO2 from the air, and puts in/on my soil. It's free. It's highly effective. If more people were involved it could completely reverse anthropologic atmospheric CO2. It builds soil health; and the best part is that the Government doesn't take my money, and give it to someone else; to use it for what I can do for myself.

What are you doing to make a difference?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I reject Anthropologic CO2 as a continued cause for global warming; but I do practice regenerative agricuture; which takes CO2 from the air, and puts in/on my soil. It's free. It's highly effective. If more people were involved it could completely reverse anthropologic atmospheric CO2. It builds soil health; and the best part is that the Government doesn't take my money, and give it to someone else; to use it for what I can do for myself.

Sounds like you are an organic farmer or gardener.

What are you doing to make a difference?

The usual things to keep my carbon footprint small i.e. limiting my consumption.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Organic, no till, dry land farming, like the garden of Eden.

I like it. I gardened organically, years ago. Hope to garden again when I retire. Still have my trusty old Troy-Bilt tiller.

Last edited:
Upvote 0