twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Why did you misrepresent what I wrote? I did not use the word clergy and did not differentiate between lay and clergy. That's a false dichotomy that you falsely placed on my post.
You might notice that I didn't accuse you of anything. I simply made a statement without reference to you or what you said. Therefore I in no way misrepresented anything that you said. But I must ask you what you intended to imply when you used the word lay? Did you mean those who are not clergy? Did you mean those who are not educated? Did you mean those of a lower place than you? Did you mean those who are not leaders in the church? What is it that makes someone a layperson?

The facts are that in the inductive Bible study which I led this morning, it was NOT dominated by application. There was an emphasis on observation, interpretation, and application. You may have experienced an over-emphasis on application in the groups you have attended, but that does not happen when I lead an inductive Bible study.

Oz
I will have to take your word for it since there is no practical way for me to check. I stand by my statements.

Upvote 0

skypair

Mar 7, 2013
Texas
✟468.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You're leaving out that God created everyone. If He foreknew, and decided to create anyway, then it must be part of His plan or He wouldn't have created them...right?

IOW, Why does God create people He knows will never believe and will just send them to Hell? Gotta be a reason for that...what's your answer?
Think about it this way — the Father who knew this didn't create them. The Son did.

Think also about this: The Son rested after the 7th day .. meaning that creation was going to unfold as it would from there. Those born from Adam on would be born natural with the exception, as I understand it, that the Son breathes a living soul into them.

What God does do (we know from Ro 1:18) is reveal Himself to everyone who has ever been born through what is called the "everlasting covenant." So He makes sure that everyone has the opportunity to be saved.

I would be glad to talk to you about the trinity which is the real issue here. Shall I start a thread? And if so, where?

skypair

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Think about it this way — the Father who knew this didn't create them. The Son did.

Think also about this: The Son rested after the 7th day .. meaning that creation was going to unfold as it would from there. Those born from Adam on would be born natural with the exception, as I understand it, that the Son breathes a living soul into them.

What God does do (we know from Ro 1:18) is reveal Himself to everyone who has ever been born through what is called the "everlasting covenant." So He makes sure that everyone has the opportunity to be saved.

skypair

Not sure what difference it makes which part of the Trinity did it...they're still all the same anyway right (and all different too!)? What is this point suppose to change about my line of thinking? Quite interesting in this train of thought and your angle on it. :)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My main intent was to ask if belief in some doctrines, such as this, cessation of the gifts, mode of baptism, etc, was essential in salvation or were they add ons to the gospel, and if they were, why do we fight over them and cause such division.
I think it is possible for a Christian to be mistaken. Then an issue is how the person deals with one's own errors. There are those who make a project of arguing for and promoting what is wrong, and they therefore are very busy in the wrong spirit of those errors so they suffer deeply, because of how Satan's wrong spirit can mess any of us up > there is "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience." (in Ephesians 2:2)

And we see how people ruin themselves, even while pushing correct beliefs. They can waste themselves, in workaholic stuff and be unforgiving and looking down on others, instead of first examining their own selves > "For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)

So, even if we have correct beliefs, it is essential that we relate in love about what we know > 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 > Paul says, if I "understand all mysteries and all knowledge" "but have not love, I am nothing." "And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment." (Philippians 1:9) So, I see we need how love has us knowing whatever really is right, and pray for others to discover knowing what God's love has us knowing, and how He has us understanding what we know.

What is essential, mainly, then, is > "Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:14)

So, if someone has a mistaken belief, but the person is concentrating on getting corrected to really love, then the wrong belief is not getting much attention and so it is not such a problem like if the person was spending all sorts of time and energy and frustration pushing that wrong thing and fighting people about it.

First is are we submitting to God.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

And as the person grows in love, the light of this love can bring the person to discover all that is so better, for doctrine.

Meanwhile, someone else can be stuck in displaying how his or her right beliefs are so superior; but that person is not humble and can give in to frustration and stress and nasty anger because the person is not strong and sound in love.

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19-20)

We're all not perfect; we all can be mistaken, somehow, and not even know it.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been reading with enjoyment the various threads touching on different petals of the TULIP.
I think I remember correctly that tulips do not have very much fragrance.

While I fall somewhere in the middle of everything,
My basic is "for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13) So, we in our own "free wills" do not work our own selves to do what is pleasing to our Father. But we do will and choose . . . however God in us works our willing and doing, "in union with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). So, we are in personal sharing with God in His love (Romans 5:5) while we are willing and choosing and doing things with Him.

So, this is not just a doctrinal issue, but about if we are really personally submitting to and sharing with God in us. I know plenty of "free will" people who are not choosing to submit to our Father and how His Holy Spirit personally leads (Romans 8:14) us in His peace (Colossians 3:15) at every moment. And I know "predestination" people who are suffering in emotional problems and personal relationship trouble, because of not submitting to how our Father has us relating in love > "submitting to one another in the fear of God." (Ephesians 5:21) "nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3) "with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

I have recently been asking myself this question: Does it matter at all to my salvation/relationship with God if I either believe or don't believe in one or any of the points of Calvinism?
My opinion is we all can fool our own selves, somehow, and not even know it. Just look, even, at how some number of us keep fooling ourselves into believing the weather report . . . even though, time and again, the weather people have been proven to be not necessarily reliable. And ones keep on calling rain "bad weather" . . . even though rain is God's provision so we can have life on this planet > isn't this blasphemy . . . to essentially say it is "bad" for God to give us His blessing of rain?? So, yes, "even" Christians can blaspheme God and not even notice they are doing so.

What is essential is that we submit to God and how He rules us in His peace > Colossians 3:15.

And seek Him for His correction which Hebrews 12:7-11 is talking about. This correction is for so much more than being "technically correct" about beliefs. Ones can be very busy learning correct beliefs, but they are not actively seeking our Father for how He corrects us, spiritually and emotionally. His correction makes us sound (2 Timothy 1:7, Ephesians 4:23) in His love, so we have His "peaceable fruit of righteousness" and are "partakers of His holiness" which Hebrews 12:7-11 says His correction brings.

So, what is more essential is not only what beliefs to have, but that we are submitting to God and how He corrects us into His peace and righteousness of His holiness. So, we need to make sure we are not getting ourselves decoyed with only proving our beliefs to be right.

And to follow up, if it doesn't matter, why is there such contention whenever the subject is brought up?
Well, if we struggle with people about certain "pet" issues, this can help to keep our attention away from seeking how our Father really corrects us. So, if we see who is causing us to be distracted, we can understand why.

And we have, "Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies," in 1 Corinthians 8:2-3. Because ones can be puffed up, about even their correct beliefs, they can keep on struggling with others . . . so they keep their attention away from first submitting to God and seeking His correction for our own selves. Again . . . they "might" not be aware of "why" they are doing this . . . and who is behind it.

Shouldn't we be more interested and affirming in the things we have in unity than to tear each other down over non essential things that don't matter in the long run?
Well, having beliefs "in unity" is not essential like submitting to how our Father rules us in His own peace (Colossians 3:15); if we learn the way Jesus has us learning > "you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:29) So, seeking unity of only beliefs can also be a decoy trick, to have us focusing mainly on how we are with each other, instead of first being with God and being led by Him, with our attention to Him.

Therefore, outward show of unity is not real unity.

We need to win the battle for our attention. Please consider Philippians 2:14-16 > Paul here tells us how we need to stop our arguing and complaining, "that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation". This is essential. Therefore, there is a "reason" "why" this is not getting as much attention as people's pet issues and seeking of outward showing of unity.

Upvote 0

skypair

Mar 7, 2013
Texas
✟468.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what difference it makes which part of the Trinity did it...they're still all the same anyway right (and all different too!)?
Well, the Creator, the Son, just follows instructions. The One that knows these folks will perish (not be saved) is not the same One who creates them. So He doesn't create them knowing that they will go to hell.

What is this point suppose to change about my line of thinking? Quite interesting in this train of thought and your angle on it. :)
Yes, I've read a couple of books where this is the key to understanding. They study the views of predestination. What if the Father is all-knowing and predestines believers and the Son has an open theist pov? He doesn't know who is saved so He honestly and sincerely invites everyone to come! He is like us — He has to learn truth.

And here's the real point: The Father is omniscient .. the Son omnipotent .. and the Spirit omnipresent. But also — the Spirit inhabits Father, Son, and believer making the believer one of the trinity! We are One in Spirit, right? The purpose of creation was to make men (some of them) in the image of God. That image is triune — Father, Son, Spirit.. we are triune — soul, body, spirit. One day believers will, therefore, be in God's image soul, spirit, and body.

skypair

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The word in Gen. 6:6 is relent, not repent in my Bible at least...
Not sure if I am helping, or not. Just reading through the pages I may have missed. Seems multiple pages are filled in a day sometimes :)

Genesis 6
6 ¶ And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Again, not sure if there is a big controversy about this word. Maybe I'll know after reading more... Clearly, God had a sense or feeling that all He had planned and made was being utterly destroyed, and His enemy was getting some particular benefit from the moral depravity that man had descended to.

It seems there is a lot we are not given in this verse. There seems to be a significance to this that goes beyond the wickedness of man in not seeking God. There is vicious evil and spiritual wickedness that is devilish, and there was a pressing reason for God to destroy ALL, and eventually, all, but Noah's family.

Have you studied this? It is interesting, and could make a separate thread on its own.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not sure if I am helping, or not. Just reading through the pages I may have missed. Seems multiple pages are filled in a day sometimes :)

Genesis 6
6 ¶ And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Again, not sure if there is a big controversy about this word. Maybe I'll know after reading more... Clearly, God had a sense or feeling that all He had planned and made was being utterly destroyed, and His enemy was getting some particular benefit from the moral depravity that man had descended to.

It seems there is a lot we are not given in this verse. There seems to be a significance to this that goes beyond the wickedness of man in not seeking God. There is vicious evil and spiritual wickedness that is devilish, and there was a pressing reason for God to destroy ALL, and eventually, all, but Noah's family.

Have you studied this? It is interesting, and could make a separate thread on its own.

Yeah Im not a big KJV fan (Gen 22:1 vs James 1:13 was my "nail in the coffin" so to speak).

Either way, it would seem to prove that if our interpretation is correct God is either A) Not Omniscient in the true sense of the definition; or B) It was written by man/men and from a worldly viewpoint. IOW, God really didn't repent, but to us it may have simply been perceived as such. I am willing to accept neither option, and simply state that the translation used in the KJV isn't completely accurate as we understand the word "repent" today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, the Creator, the Son, just follows instructions. The One that knows these folks will perish (not be saved) is not the same One who creates them. So He doesn't create them knowing that they will go to hell.

Yes, I've read a couple of books where this is the key to understanding. They study the views of predestination. What if the Father is all-knowing and predestines believers and the Son has an open theist pov? He doesn't know who is saved so He honestly and sincerely invites everyone to come! He is like us — He has to learn truth.

And here's the real point: The Father is omniscient .. the Son omnipotent .. and the Spirit omnipresent. But also — the Spirit inhabits Father, Son, and believer making the believer one of the trinity! We are One in Spirit, right? The purpose of creation was to make men (some of them) in the image of God. That image is triune — Father, Son, Spirit.. we are triune — soul, body, spirit. One day believers will, therefore, be in God's image soul, spirit, and body.

skypair

Seems a little out there...but I'll entertain the idea if you can provide some scriptural backing to such a claim. :) Seems almost a little Gnostic of thinking...jm2c.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah Im not a big KJV fan (Gen 22:1 vs James 1:13 was my "nail in the coffin" so to speak).
It may be another case of putting OUR OWN SPIN on what is said. James writes that God does not temp man with EVIL. I had a similar problem I prayed about for a long while. God said he never told someone to cause their children to pass through the fire as did Moloch. I referenced the same passage describing God's instructions to Abraham concerning Isaac.

It was later revealed to me that God did not tell Abraham to burn his child to death! Abraham's faith was that (even in light of his instruction from God,) he stated to the servant that THEY would return shortly:
Genesis 22
5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
If we can agree that the Bible is not errant, and that the problem would always be with our understanding, we can come to have true faith.

Either way, it would seem to prove that if our interpretation is correct God is either A) Not Omniscient in the true sense of the definition; or B) It was written by man/men and from a worldly viewpoint.
The Apostle Paul stated that, in a certain circumstance, he wrote foolishness because of the infirmity of our flesh. We are weak, we are finite, we are slow to understand, and generally, we have little or no FAITH. Let us look at your question from THAT viewpoint instead.

If we say there is something wrong with God because we don't understand, it is like the little child who does not understand the dangers in the outside world, so they are defiant and seek to get around the decree by their parents. Many times, we read these children's names on milk cartons. Other times, we see the young person saddled with a lifetime of trouble because of their disobedience.

IOW, God really didn't repent, but to us it may have simply been perceived as such. I am willing to accept neither option, and simply state that the translation used in the KJV isn't completely accurate as we understand the word "repent" today.
As far as God repenting that he made man, it had to do with the spiritual pain caused to God when His creation sought to do certain things we are hardly allowed to consider these days. An error was initiated many centuries ago, because a book that is cross-referenced in the New Testament might have a certain effect on those who are not following God by faith. (BTW, there is reference to what I mean in the Old Testament as well.) It includes some names, and as you have likely witnessed, man will worship almost anything, especially if he can attach a name to it.

In that book, we are told of terrible evil that man had pursued and why. Today, we have not much concept of the times and evils of that day, and only think the WORST things are oppressive leaders of nations or secretive mass rapists and murderers. There are things happening today that cause Adolf Hitler to look like an upstart in comparison, but they are not given the level of attention they should. These only hint at how bad things were almost 5000 years ago.

How about using FAITH, and seeking the LORD for understanding. We should see our status with our LORD as one of people who need God every minute, and depend upon Him for understanding, as opposed to people who learn enough to argue with the LORD of glory, and instruct Him.

Look at what happened to Job. He did not understand what was happening to him, and found himself answering erroneous questions from "so-called" friends. Look how God answered Job. He did not entertain the error of Job's limited understanding, but showed him that he had limited understanding!

Also, consider that a little lack of understanding on our part in a few passages does not rise to the level of the error displayed in the other versions that get a pass because of a perceived error in the KJV.

Seek the LORD to show you. Many of our difficulties and pitfalls come from a lack of faith that the LORD can reveal to our hearts a proper understanding of His word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

skypair

Mar 7, 2013
Texas
✟468.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Seems a little out there...but I'll entertain the idea if you can provide some scriptural backing to such a claim. :) Seems almost a little Gnostic of thinking...jm2c.
Well, we know that Christ was not omniscient from 1Cor 2:16 — "who has known the mind of the Lord," which question must include Jesus, "but you have the mind of Christ." Also Mt 24:36 — only the Father knows the day and hour of the rapture.

As for power .. Mt 28:18. And He actually did create all things, Jn 1, right?

As for the Spirit .. Ro 1:18 says that nature itself manifests God. And the purpose of the Spirit is to glorify the Father and the Son. The Spirit is "wisdom and truth" and it is on display everywhere so that man is without excuse.

There's probably more but since you seem skeptical, what do you think of these?

skypair

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Consider what I did with a friend in the early 1980s. She had a different version of the Bible, and I had confidence from the LORD that the KJV was what He wanted me to use. I had this confirmed multiple times since. We sat down with the following list, our two Bibles, and made a comparison.

200 Omissions from Modern Versions of the Bible that are in the KJV

http://www.achristianspirit.com/200VERSES.HTML

After we got 2/3 or 3/4 through, she gave up, and has used the KJV ever since. I know, because I married her shortly after that!

Upvote 0

Sovereign Grace

Certified Flunky
Jul 5, 2014
Right here, right now
✟43,136.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, we know that Christ was not omniscient from 1Cor 2:16 — "who has known the mind of the Lord," which question must include Jesus, "but you have the mind of Christ." Also Mt 24:36 — only the Father knows the day and hour of the rapture.

As for the Spirit .. Ro 1:18 says that nature itself manifests God. And the purpose of the Spirit is to glorify the Father and the Son. The Spirit is "wisdom and truth" and it is on display everywhere so that man is without excuse.

skypair

Sooooo, Christ was disrobed of His deity? Wowzers!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

skypair

John 1 speaks of the Spirit. The Spirit was made flesh...that is Christ.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've been reading with enjoyment the various threads touching on different petals of the TULIP.

While I fall somewhere in the middle of everything, I have recently been asking myself this question: Does it matter at all to my salvation/relationship with God if I either believe or don't believe in one or any of the points of Calvinism?

And to follow up, if it doesn't matter, why is there such contention whenever the subject is brought up? Shouldn't we be more interested and affirming in the things we have in unity than to tear each other down over non essential things that don't matter in the long run?

Thanks in advance!
In the OP, we have some specific questions that deserve an answer. It may not be all covered here in one post, but some of this is very straight-forward from my perspective. The problem with acceptance of any short list of points or adherence to ONE VERSE of scripture as containing ALL the testimony of God is that it makes erroneous assumptions, and leaves out the bulk of God revealed and preserved truth.

The Calvinist may have a sincere love for THE WHOLE TESTIMONY OF GOD, and see certain realities in the points made by Calvinists to answer the published points made by the Arminians. The scriptures point to, and highlight, certain scriptural truth (even some passages support of what was stated by the Arminians,) but that does not mean that the LORD does not show us anything that is outside those few points.

The hyper-calvinist compares EVERY verse of the scripture with these statements, and builds a doctrine to suit. It is clearly the practice of similar zealots on the other side as well. Some of those are not able carry-on a useful conversation about the scriptures without responding to every use of scripture with, " ...but John 3:16 says..."

The hyper-calvinist may read the following verse, see it supports one of those "Petals," and extracts from it that God does NOTHING for people He will not save by His Predestination and Election. (I've talked to people who think this way, and they think I'm in error for not following them over the cliff...)

John 6
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Now it is true that God does all the saving, and man cannot come to God for salvation at his own convenience, because the principle exists and is shown in the following verses as well. God's call is personified as Wisdom's call in this passage.

Proverbs 1
20 ¶ Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:
21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
The error of the hyper-calvinist is to extend that to a meaning not found in the Bible. In fact, the truth is that NONE of us have even the very breath in our nostrils without the power of God given that we may inhale it! We are walking upon an Earth that cries to God because of our wickedness, and would willingly open her mouth, and drop us into Hell, but for the mercy and longsuffering of the Father. The Earth is cursed of God because of the sin of man.

Romans 8
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Genesis 4

10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

Numbers 16
29 If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the LORD hath not sent me.
30 But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD.
31 And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them:
32 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
33 They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.
This is just one small example, and it should be the endeavor of every person interested in the truth of God to seek out these instances throughout the scriptures. Instead, most people only would look for something that supports the doctrine they like the best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisBrotherOfHis

Dec 17, 2013
On the cusp of the Border War
✟2,181.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John 1 speaks of the Spirit. The Spirit was made flesh...that is Christ.
Uh ... no.
John 1, NASB
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. [Emphasis added]

I'm certain you didn't intend to say "The Spirit was made flesh." It is obvious that is inaccurate.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... If we say there is something wrong with God because we don't understand, it is like the little child who does not understand the dangers in the outside world, so they are defiant and seek to get around the decree by their parents. Many times, we read these children's names on milk cartons. Other times, we see the young person saddled with a lifetime of trouble because of their disobedience...
The following tract got my attention many years ago when I was trying to understand these issues. It was startling to me.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0090/0090_01.asp

This is offered as a support for my point about the disobedient having the rest of their lifetime to pay for their disobedience. I am not saying no one has trouble that they don't bring upon themselves, but it is largely connected to some act that is in response to following their own will, and being disobedient to God, or people in authority over them, who have their best interest at heart.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Uh ... no.
John 1, NASB
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. [Emphasis added]

I'm certain you didn't intend to say "The Spirit was made flesh." It is obvious that is inaccurate.

How so? I intended to say just that actually. The Spirit is the Word of God, for it entered the prophets and enabled them to speak His Word. They could not have done so on their own. The Spirit is the Word, as it was given to the Son (see bold below):

2 Samuel 23:2 “The Spirit of the Lord spoke through me; his word was on my tongue."

Job 32:18 For I am full of words, and the spirit within me compels me;

Isaiah 59:21 “As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord. “My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants—from this time on and forever,” says the Lord.

John 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

Think back to when Jesus was baptized...what entered Him? Also, think about what you're suggesting: that flesh (Jesus) became flesh? Doesn't sound right at all does it? It is part of the Trinity to realize that the Spirit becoming flesh made God the Father and God the Son always one, as they are eternally inseparable by the Spirit. When Jesus said, "before Abraham was, I AM!" what form was He then?

Last edited:
Upvote 0