Quakers

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Great collection of information above!

That video gave a helpful glimpse of the attitudes. It reminds me of Unitarian churches, where they have a strong intent to love each other and connect with God, proactively serve the community, live peacefully, but accept diverse beliefs more freely.

Upvote 0

RPnTX

Site Supporter
Nov 23, 2012
Springtown, TX
✟24,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are Friends that are very conservative as well. Some dress similar to old order Mennonites/Amish. I am very interested in the conservative branch myself, even hope to start a meeting down here. Look up the Ohio yearly Meeting Friends, or the Conservative Friends (Canada).

Upvote 0

GomesDusty

Aug 10, 2013
✟7,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here in the UK I have found Quakers to be extremely liberal. I doubt whether they can even still be regarded as Christians, despite their relatively glorious past.

If you are looking for a decent church in the UK, some networks you may wish to consider are:
- Newfrontiers;
- Acts 29;
- New Wine;
- Reformed Anglican;
- Elim;
- Assemblies of God.

Upvote 0

TheGoodLight

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2016
PA
✟412,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure I would call them Christian, because they are pretty much anything-"spiritual"/religious-goes.

Not necessarily. There are Christians in all branches of Quakerdom (theologically liberal, conservative, and otherwise), and most Quakers worldwide identify as Christian (with many being evangelical).

Upvote 0