Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That is all I can hope for since there are no peace talks by China at the moment.
China is not involved in the war.

What needs to happen is for Russia (the aggressor) to withdraw all of it's troops from Ukraine (the defenders) and stop killing Ukrainian civvies with their missile attacks.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
China is not involved in the war.

What needs to happen is for Russia (the aggressor) to withdraw all of it's troops from Ukraine (the defenders) and stop killing Ukrainian civvies with their missile attacks.
From the thread "China says it's not the right time for peace talks"

"But what Ukraine means by peace talks is that Beijing must get on board Kiev's own peace formula, which demands the full withdrawal of all Russian troops from seized Ukrainian territory. This weekend, Ukraine's foreign minister Dmytro Kuleba is reportedly seeking a meeting with China's FM to discuss the issue."

The top Chinese diplomat delivered his response before the Munich Security Conference on Saturday. "There are not ripe conditions in place for parties to go back to the negotiating table," he announced in an on-stage interview.

"China has done a lot of constructive work and we will continue to play a positive role," he added. Noticeably, China has never outright condemned the war or Russia's invasion. Instead, it has issued a number of statements highlighting the role of NATO's expansions in leading up to the crisis.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
From the thread "China says it's not the right time for peace talks"

"But what Ukraine means by peace talks is that Beijing must get on board Kiev's own peace formula, which demands the full withdrawal of all Russian troops from seized Ukrainian territory. This weekend, Ukraine's foreign minister Dmytro Kuleba is reportedly seeking a meeting with China's FM to discuss the issue."

The top Chinese diplomat delivered his response before the Munich Security Conference on Saturday. "There are not ripe conditions in place for parties to go back to the negotiating table," he announced in an on-stage interview.

"China has done a lot of constructive work and we will continue to play a positive role," he added. Noticeably, China has never outright condemned the war or Russia's invasion. Instead, it has issued a number of statements highlighting the role of NATO's expansions in leading up to the crisis.
It's not up to China whether Russia stops attacking Ukraine or not. The responsibility to stop attacking Ukraine is solely Russia's.

You understand that Russia's continual insistence on attacking Ukraine is the reason for the continual deaths, don't you?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,513.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He has stated that if he becomes President one of his priorities will be to start negotiations between Ukraine and Russia to end this war.
No wonder the military industrial complex doesn't want Trump to win again.

Not to mention the democrat money laundering scam.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You understand that Russia's continual insistence on attacking Ukraine is the reason for the continual deaths, don't you?
Before we get too far off-topic. Russia will keep attacking as long it has the means to attack; with China's support with equipment and finances from energy purchases along with the USA and especially the EU oil purchases, Russia will be able to fund the war.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,780.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Before we get too far off-topic. Russia will keep attacking as long it has the means to attack; with China's support with equipment and finances from energy purchases along with the USA and especially the EU oil purchases, Russia will be able to fund the war.
Hold on, hold on. What EU oil purchases are you talking about?

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Putin's motivations aren't rational, so trying to decide whether he considers Trump or Biden more of a threat is irrelevant.
You might be right; but I don't judge rationality by whether they conform to my morality. Putin has stated some objectives and is working to gain them. He efforts are not being very fruitful; but he has sustained his goals over a decade now from when he took Crimea to the present time. As far as caring for the will or wellbeing of his people, I am not sure there have been too many Russian leaders going back to the tzars that really cared about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
You might be right; but I don't judge rationality by whether they conform to my morality.

Neither do I. However, Putin has admitted he is motivated by anti-western irrationalism, especially as found in the Russian fascist philosopher, Ivan Ilyin.

He would look at Trump vs. Biden as Tweedle Dee vs. Tweedle Dum. It won't change his motivations at all who is US president. In his worldview, it doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,780.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
EU is buying a lot of oil through resale. Sanctions don't work.
Now that just tells me that you don't follow the situation in Russia at all. There's been quite a heavy effect from the sanctions so far. You'd just need to look at how Gazprom is doing for an easy look. Or just look at the amount of sales to EU they've lost (and no, don't bother talking about China/India, those sales aren't compensating and the deals Russia has had to accept with China and India aren't exactly the best ones for them). And how much they've had to drain the cash they've had in store.
Saying the sanctions don't work is just a lie and a propaganda piece for Russia at this point.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Saying the sanctions don't work is just a lie and a propaganda piece for Russia at this point.
N. Korea, Iran, Lybia, South Africa, Venezuela, and Russia how have those sanctions worked?

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,780.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
N. Korea, Iran, Lybia, South Africa, Venezuela, and Russia how have those sanctions worked?
You listed off a bunch of countries. Good for you. Would you like to elaborate how exactly is this list supposed to mean that sanctions aren't functioning? Because they are doing obvious damage to Russias national finances, as I pointed out specifics regarding that. You listed countries without anything else.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you like to elaborate how exactly is this list supposed to mean that sanctions aren't functioning?
I would like you to critically think about how our sanctions against countries have accomplished any of our desires. Has any of these countries bent to our will or are they doing the same stuff that we sanctioned them for? You mention Russia and because of that we now have the emergence of BRICS nations and pushed Russia closer to China. Sanctions on Russia have harmed the world because Russia used to be a major exporter of food energy and natural resources. The media isn't telling you the harms of the sanction but gives you a false illusion that it works. I didn't learn this till last year after watching financial programs.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,481.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

• Informative
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like you to critically think about how our sanctions against countries have accomplished any of our desires. Has any of these countries bent to our will or are they doing the same stuff that we sanctioned them for? You mention Russia and because of that we now have the emergence of BRICS nations and pushed Russia closer to China. Sanctions on Russia have harmed the world because Russia used to be a major exporter of food energy and natural resources. The media isn't telling you the harms of the sanction but gives you a false illusion that it works. I didn't learn this till last year after watching financial programs.

Sanctions do serve a purpose, but I think you are correct in a sense. We are seeing diminishing returns from our sanctions on bad actors in the world. They have learned to craft solutions to work around our sanctions. We have not been very imaginative in our tactics for punishing bad behavior.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sanctions do serve a purpose, but I think you are correct in a sense. We are seeing diminishing returns from our sanctions on bad actors in the world. They have learned to craft solutions to work around our sanctions. We have not been very imaginative in our tactics for punishing bad behavior.
Old sanctions like embargos maybe and such, but weaponizing the world reserve currency is another thing. The world reserve currency should be free for all countries to use if the USA wants them to conduct business in the dollar. In the digital age, it's easier for us to stop countries like Russia from being able to use the dollar.

The world loans us money for our debt through the purchase of Treasury bills/ bonds with our promise to pay back with interest. Since we have frozen the dollar Russia is not being paid back. A lot of countries see this and are fearful of loaning us money and BRICS is born, to get away from the US dollar. Many financial people are saying it was a big mistake that we liberally use sanctions on countries we don't like and thus many (especially Russia and China) have been trying to get away from the dollar for several years now.

Upvote 0