Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, uh, it's America's fault because we all know there's no way Russia could end their unprovoked invasion or anything...

Very weird how the US right wing has become so pro-Russia.
Very weird that you think that I am pro-Russia. Unless the USA and NATO get fully involved to a much greater degree, it is impossible for Ukraine to defeat Russia.
We should be looking for ways to stop the killing and dying. How many thousands and thousands and thousands more Ukrainians must die before the West does something that actually defeats Russia or at the very least force Putin to negotiate for peace?

The 2 years long strategy of the USA and Europe against Russia has not reached the stated goals of completely defeating Putin's military or forcing him to negotiate for peace.

But, sure let's go ahead and keep on keeping on with this failure of strategy from the last 2 years. I mean just look how wonderful Ukraine is doing?? The Biden team is working miracles with Ukraine, right??
Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people in Ukraine will have died or suffered life changing wounds. How many more people will be sacrificed to the failing strategy of these last 2 years?

If we are in a proxy war with Putin and Russia, we should be willing to do whatever it takes to defeat the enemy as quickly and as wisely as possible.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very weird that you think that I am pro-Russia. Unless the USA and NATO get fully involved to a much greater degree, it is impossible for Ukraine to defeat Russia.
We should be looking for ways to stop the killing and dying. How many thousands and thousands and thousands more Ukrainians must die before the West does something that actually defeats Russia or at the very least force Putin to negotiate for peace?

The 2 years long strategy of the USA and Europe against Russia has not reached the stated goals of completely defeating Putin's military or forcing him to negotiate for peace.

But, sure let's go ahead and keep on keeping on with this failure of strategy from the last 2 years. I mean just look how wonderful Ukraine is doing?? The Biden team is working miracles with Ukraine, right??
Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people in Ukraine will have died or suffered life changing wounds. How many more people will be sacrificed to the failing strategy of these last 2 years?

If we are in a proxy war with Putin and Russia, we should be willing to do whatever it takes to defeat the enemy as quickly and as wisely as possible.

....you seem to be suggesting there are two options:

1. Engage Russia directly with US/NATO military forces to defeat Russia or force negotiation.
or
2. End support for Ukraine (which the GOP House is already doing), thus handing it on a platter to Putin (in the name of saving thousands of lives).

I would suggest a 3rd option: Support Ukraine....and when the Ukranians are ready to negotiate (which they will eventually), support them in that effort.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
....you seem to be suggesting there are two options:

1. Engage Russia directly with US/NATO military forces to defeat Russia or force negotiation.
or
2. End support for Ukraine (which the GOP House is already doing), thus handing it on a platter to Putin (in the name of saving thousands of lives).

I would suggest a 3rd option: Support Ukraine....and when the Ukranians are ready to negotiate (which they will eventually), support them in that effort.
I personally believe that we should use a much smarter strategy than this failure of the last couple of years. Too many people on both sides of this war have already died.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I personally believe that we should use a much smarter strategy than this failure of the last couple of years. Too many people on both sides of this war have already died.
Have you ever articulated what this strategy would be? If you have, I honestly just don't remember.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...meanwhile, Putin's candidate, Donald Trump, has yet to condemn or criticize Putin for the killing of Navlny.

Why could that be?

Instead, Trump continues to compare himself to Navlny:

“It’s a form of Navalny,” Trump said a Fox News town hall on Tuesday, responding to a question from Laura Ingraham about the $355 million fine against his businesses after a New York civil trial. “It’s happening in our country too.

“We are turning into a communist country in many ways,” Trump continued. “I got indicted four times, I have eight or nine trials. All because of the fact that I’m in, you know this, all because of the fact that I’m in politics. They indicted me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
...meanwhile, Putin's candidate, Donald Trump, has yet to condemn or criticize Putin for the killing of Navlny. Instead, Trump continues to compare himself to Navlny:
I posted an article on the similarities of what is going on here and in Russia last summer, how we can still turn things around in the next election. #1 Here an effort has been put into going after Trump and Trump's political supporters. There are many Democrats who want to see Trump in prison for the rest of his life. OBVIOUSLY, Trump is not cheering on the U.S. justice system (or Putin) that is violating the Constitution left and right to go after President Trump and his supporters. If somehow people don't think that an 18 million dollar valuation on the part of the judge is fraud, they should realize that the excessive fine itself is a blatant violation of our Constitution.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I posted an article on the similarities of what is going on here and in Russia last summer, how we can still turn things around in the next election. #1 Here an effort has been put into going after Trump and Trump's political supporters. There are many Democrats who want to see Trump in prison for the rest of his life. OBVIOUSLY, Trump is not cheering on the U.S. justice system (or Putin) that is violating the Constitution left and right to go after President Trump and his supporters. If somehow people don't think that an 18 million dollar valuation on the part of the judge is fraud, they should realize that the excessive fine itself is a blatant violation of our Constitution.

That's nice. There are many Americans who want justice and accountability. Spin and distort it as you will.

Why is Donald Trump silient on the murder of Navlny?

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's nice. There are many Americans who want justice and accountability. Spin and distort it as you will.

There is no proof Navalny was murdered, it it best to wait until there is proof before making an unverified accusation in public. The Bush administration accused Iraq of having weapons of mass destruction and actually attacked their country with unverified information.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no proof Navalny was murdered, it it best to wait until there is proof before making an unverified accusation in public. The Bush administration accused Iraq of having weapons of mass destruction and actually attacked their country with unverified information.
... No proof? The fact that he was even transported to that particular penal colony already sealed his fate. Dude was going to die to the elements and bad care sooner or later, he was straight up sent to die there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is no "proof" nor will there ever be "proof" that isn't manufactured by Putin. However, most rational people recognize that nothing happens in Russia without orders from Putin himself.

So again, why has Donald Trump refuse to condem Putin's actions? (3rd time I'm asking)

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no "proof" nor will there ever be "proof" that isn't manufactured by Putin. However, most rational people recognize that nothing happens in Russia without orders from Putin himself.

So again, why has Donald Trump refuse to condem Putin's actions? (3rd time I'm asking)
Perhaps the simple reason, as stated by Ex-President Trump, is that he realizes that this war in Ukraine will grind on with further and further loss of life and destruction mainly in Ukraine until negotiations are started to end it. It is hard to negotiate with someone you have called a "dictator" and a "murderous thug". Now you can be against negotiations for various reasons; but negotiating a peace is not a wack-a-doodle strategy here.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When NATO countries surround Russia's borders it's encroachment!
Gee, I just can’t imagine why countries on Russia’s border would want to join a larger military alliance that guarantees their security as a member state. Probably has nothing to do with Russia’s well documented aggressions towards their smaller, weaker neighbors.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the simple reason, as stated by Ex-President Trump, is that he realizes that this war in Ukraine will grind on with further and further loss of life and destruction mainly in Ukraine until negotiations are started to end it. It is hard to negotiate with someone you have called a "dictator" and a "murderous thug". Now you can be against negotiations for various reasons; but negotiating a peace is not a wack-a-doodle strategy here.

My question pertains to Putin's actions against a political opponent - not Ukraine.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Was it an aggressive act to overthrow Ukraines government in 2014 by supporting neo nazis?
^This is pro-Russia propaganda. Literally the line the Russian president has used to justify crossing his military into another country and laying waste to their cities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My question pertains to Putin's actions against a political opponent - not Ukraine.

What good would come from Trump making a statement? Perhaps discretion is the better part of valor in this instance. I am not sure Trump is thinking outside his own realm of interest here; but my sense is that he is playing a long game when it comes to Putin. If he gets elected, then he can affect policy more directly. Until that happens, he might just be focused on what it takes to win this election.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What good would come from Trump making a statement? Perhaps discretion is the better part of valor in this instance. I am not sure Trump is thinking outside his own realm of interest here; but my sense is that he is playing a long game when it comes to Putin. If he gets elected, then he can affect policy more directly. Until that happens, he might just be focused on what it takes to win this election.

So if I understand correctly, the idea is to stay silent on actions that we abhor (killing political opponents) in the interest of some long term policy gain under a Trump administration?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
February, 2022:

As Russia prepared to strike Ukraine and the United States rushed to defend neighboring allies in Europe, former President Donald J. Trump had nothing but admiration for President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

He is “pretty smart,” Mr. Trump said on Wednesday at a Florida fund-raiser, assessing the impending invasion like a real estate deal. “He’s taken over a country for $2 worth of sanctions,” he said, “taking over a country — really a vast, vast location, a great piece of land with a lot of people — and just walking right in.”

Anders Stephanson, a historian of foreign policy at Columbia University, recalled an earlier Russian invasion. “Could one imagine Dwight Eisenhower praising Leonid Brezhnev for invading Czechoslovakia in 1968?” he asked in an email. “I think not.”

Upvote 0

Jimmy It

Dec 4, 2023
Southwest
✟112,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
February, 2022:

As Russia prepared to strike Ukraine and the United States rushed to defend neighboring allies in Europe, former President Donald J. Trump had nothing but admiration for President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

He is “pretty smart,” Mr. Trump said on Wednesday at a Florida fund-raiser, assessing the impending invasion like a real estate deal. “He’s taken over a country for $2 worth of sanctions,” he said, “taking over a country — really a vast, vast location, a great piece of land with a lot of people — and just walking right in.”

Anders Stephanson, a historian of foreign policy at Columbia University, recalled an earlier Russian invasion. “Could one imagine Dwight Eisenhower praising Leonid Brezhnev for invading Czechoslovakia in 1968?” he asked in an email. “I think not.”

While I see ne hope in communism and I find little to admire in Putins desire to reunite the once Soviet Union, I can also acknowledge his cleverness. He didn't get where he is by being ignorant. He is an adept deceiver. Lamestream media also are talented prevaricators of duplicitous spin on events.
No, I did not vote Trump, nor Hillary. "The truth is the first casualty of war." We are at war, not against flesh and blood. We oppose the lie.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Donald could give us evidence he is still playing for our American team. We have plenty that demonstrates he is not. Alas, Mr Trump doesn't care, about Navalny or showing that he is willing to fight FOR democracy. We certainly know that man by his lack of fruits. For discretion is a foreign concept to DJT anyhow lol. We know he never concerns himself with issues outside his own realm of interest too. He simply doesn't care. He also knows we would see through any concern he might feign for Navalny. Y'all are turning into sentient pretzels with the plethora of never-ending excuses for this cretin. Good gravy.

• Wow
Upvote 0