Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was just presenting you with your end game so readers would beware...
Well Carl who do we believe God of you? You have only been provided Gods' Word that are not my words that you disagree with your words that are not God's Word. You have only been provided scripture that show why your teachings are not biblical. We should beware of anyone's teachings that lead us away from God and His Word. Many did not want to hear God's Word in the days of Jesus according to Isaiah 6:9-10; Matthew 13:15-16 and Acts of the Apostles 28:26-27. There is nothing new under the sun or that has changed today according to the scriptures. The many are called but only the few are chosen and hear and follow Him who calls them in love to love another. We will all stand before God come judgment day for the Words of God we accept of reject according to John 12:47-48 so we will agree to disagree.

Take care Carl.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well Carl who do we believe God of you? You have only been provided Gods' Word that are not my words that you disagree with your words that are not God's Word. You have only been provided scripture that show why your teachings are not biblical. We should beware of anyone's teachings that lead us away from God and His Word. Many did not want to hear God's Word in the days of Jesus according to Isaiah 6:9-10; Matthew 13:15-16 and Acts of the Apostles 28:26-27. There is nothing new under the sun or that has changed today according to the scriptures. The many are called but only the few are chosen and hear and follow Him who calls them in love to love another. We will all stand before God come judgment day for the Words of God we accept of reject according to John 12:47-48 so we will agree to disagree.

Take care Carl.

You have avoided frankly answering because to do so would see you breaching the rules of CF.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have avoided frankly answering because to do so would see you breaching the rules of CF.
Actually no I have only posted scripture that disagrees with your teachings only in love and as a help to you. They are Gods' Words not mine. Of course you are free to believe whatever you wish. I do not judge you. That is between you and God whose words they are that have been shared with you that you that you disagree with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually no I have only posted scripture that disagrees with your teachings only in love and as a help to you. They are Gods' Words not mine. Of course you are free to believe whatever you wish. I do not judge you. That is between you and God whose words they are that have been shared with you that you that you disagree with.

Nonsense it is your theology I disagree with...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense it is your theology I disagree with...
You say it is my theology that you disagree with, yet I have only provided you with God's Word (scriptures) verbatim, that are not mine but God's that you disagree with your words that are not God's but yours. I ask you what is it in the posts and the scriptures that I have shared with you that you disagree with but all I hear is silence from you. Time will tell dear Carl, who is right and who is wrong. According to the scriptures the Scribes and the Pharisees said the same about Jesus while disagreeing with His Word with their own words, and calling Him of the devil and His followers a cult. Yet it was the very Word of God that they rejected that they were all fighting against with their words that were not God's Word that will rise up against them and judge them come judgment day. At that day according to the scriptures there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when many realize only too late what they have lost by rejecting God's Word with their words. Let's pray we do not harden our hearts to seeing and believing Gods' Word as those religious teachers did in the days of Jesus. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them. What we think does not really matter according to the scriptures because only God's Word is true.

Take care Carl.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Providing scriptures verbatim does not guarantee your offerings are inspired. Any theology that divides the Body of Christ is not inspired. Clever maybe but not inspired.
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. The body of Christ is all those who believe and follow God's Word not those who do not believe and do not follow according to the scriptures (John 10:26-27). Jesus who is the Word of God *John 1:1-4 is their head *Colossians 1:18 and those who believe and follow Gods' Word are not divided according to the scriptures Carl.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Was Satan inspired when he quoted it?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Was Satan inspired when he quoted it?
Satan did not quote 2 Timothy 3:16 did he? But Jesus says we are to live by every word of it in Matthew 4:4 and he who God sends speaks the Word of God and God does not give the spirit by measure unto him according John 3:34.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was Joseph Smith inspired when he quoted God's Word?

Was Russell of the JW's inspired when he quoted God's Word?

Was Jim Jones inspired when he quoted God's Word?

Was Satan inspired when he quoted God's Word?

Quoting scripture does not mean YOU are inspired.

Frankly I don't believe your theology is inspired because it divides the body of believers.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Frankly I don't believe your theology is inspired because it divides the body of believers.
Quoting scripture does not necessarily mean you are inspired i agree, but that is up to Jesus to judge as He knows our hearts.

If someone is advocating to break God’s laws, I would be really careful following anything they say according to what we are taught though scriptures.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

This simple test we can avoid the people you quoted. It’s another way God protects His people, though scripture. Proverbs 30:5-6

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say in the scriptures that Christ is a Sabbath?

Col 2:16 Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
Col 2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ;

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Col 2:16 Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
Col 2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ;

Colossians 2:16-17 does not say that Jesus is a Sabbath at all. Your reading into the scriptures what they do not say and do not teach. If you disagree please address the post and the scriptures provided in them that disagree with you here linked.

Firstly the scriptures already provided in the linked post above already prove that Colombians 2:16 is talking about the annual sabbath in the Feast days not Gods' 4th commandment in the 10 commandment. Let's examine the claim that Gods 4th commandment is a "shadow law" and show from the scriptures that this is impossible and these are the reasons why it is impossible for God's 4th commandment to be a shadow law of anything...

1. God's Sabbath was made "before" sin and before the laws and Gods' plan of salvation was given to all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3.

2. According to the scriptures the Sabbath was made for mankind when mankind was in perfect harmony with their creator and sinless and walked and talked with God face to face. Adam and Eve were created on the 6th day and the Sabbath was made for mankind on the seventh day *Genesis 1:26-31; Genesis 2:1-3 and Mark 2:27 of creation where God blessed the "seventh day" of creation and made it a holy day of rest for all mankind.

3. God's Sabbath is a part of the "finished work of creation" it is day seven of a seven day week that God blessed and made a holy day of rest for all man *Genesis 2:1-3

4. God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments points "backwards" to the finished work of creation, not "forwards" to things to come. For example God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments starts off as "REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY TO KEEP IT HOLY" (memorial - remember) - Exodus 20:8. God's 4th commandment therefore is a "memorial" of the "finished work of creation" this is also shown when it is written " [10], But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God" and also the reason for the memorial commandment that points backward to the "finished work of creation" as further evidence is given in "v11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: why the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

5. There was no JEW, there was no ISRAEL and there was no Moses when God made the "seventh" day Sabbath rest for all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27. Jesus is Lord and creator of the Sabbath and he commands his people to keep it as a memorial of the finished work of creation and a holy day rest and a celebration of God as the creator of heaven and earth *Mark 2:28; Exodus 20:8-11; James 2:10-11; Hebrews 4:9

6. Shadow laws point "forward" to things to come not backwards to things completed which the Sabbath and God's 4th commandments points back to.

7. JESUS is the Lord and creator of the Sabbath and kept it as a holy day of rest and taught us how to correctly keep the Sabbath the way he intended it to be kept.

8. The Sabbath will continue to be kept after the second coming in the new heavens and new earth. *Isaiah 66:22-23.

The above scriptural evidence is provided to prove that it is impossible and not biblical to claim that the Sabbath is a shadow of anything. God does not change his laws so that we are free to break them.

Now if you disagree perhaps you can show why you disagree from the scriptures.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The Scribes and the Pharisees, thought they knew Gods' Word yet according to the scriptures the Word of God came unto His own and His own received Him not. The Scribes and the Pharisees were keepers of the Word of God yet they did not know God's Word according to John 1:1-14 yet it was the very scriptures that they were claiming to believe and follow that pointed to Jesus as the promised Messiah. We cannot know Gods' Word unless God reveals it to us through His Spirit. According to the scriptures, we cannot understand God's Word for it is written "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, said the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9). The truth of Gods word is only revealed to those who seek Gods Spirit to know what God's Word teaches according to John 14:26: John 16:13; John 7:17; Hebrews 8:11 and 1 John 2:27. We cannot know Gods' Word unless God reveals His Word to us. Only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow it according to Romans 3:4 and Acts of the Apostles 5:29. Just because someone denies Gods' Word does not mean that God's Word is not true. So the question I would ask of you is how does someone know the truth of God's Word? How do you know what is true and what is not true? Just because the scriptures teach there are false teachers does not mean that Gods' Word is not true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Quoting scripture does not necessarily mean you are inspired i agree, but that is up to Jesus to judge as He knows our hearts.

If someone is advocating to break God’s laws, I would be really careful following anything they say according to what we are taught though scriptures.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

This simple test we can avoid the people you quoted. It’s another way God protects His people, though scripture. Proverbs 30:5-6
All scripture is inspired according to 2 Timothy 3:16. What is not inspired is those who reject Gods' Word. It is those who seek to cherry pick and read into the scriptures what the scriptures do not say and teach that is not inspired or biblical. Gods' Word does not contradict itself. Yet this is what the many seek to do in denying what Gods' Word actually says verbatim. They cry "interpretation interpretation" denying God's Word and closing their eyes and ears to hearing and seeing God's Word. There is nothing new according to Isaiah 6:9-10; Matthew 13:15-16 and Acts of the Apostles 28:26-27. As it was in the days of the prophets and Jesus so will it be before the second coming. This is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God. We should not be afraid of coming to the light of Gods Word because it is only in the Word of God that we can see if we are following Gods' Word or not and sadly it seems many would rather not.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Scribes and the Pharisees, thought they knew Gods' Word yet according to the scriptures the Word of God came unto His own and His own received Him not. The Scribes and the Pharisees were keepers of the Word of God yet they did not know God's Word according to John 1:1-14 yet it was the very scriptures that they were claiming to believe and follow that pointed to Jesus as the promised Messiah. We cannot know Gods' Word unless God reveals it to us through His Spirit. According to the scriptures, we cannot understand God's Word for it is written "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, said the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9). The truth of Gods word is only revealed to those who seek Gods Spirit to know what God's Word teaches according to John 14:26: John 16:13; John 7:17; Hebrews 8:11 and 1 John 2:27. We cannot know Gods' Word unless God reveals His Word to us. Only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow it according to Romans 3:4 and Acts of the Apostles 5:29. Just because someone denies Gods' Word does not mean that God's Word is not true. So the question I would ask of you is how does someone know the truth of God's Word? How do you know what is true and what is not true? Just because the scriptures teach there are false teachers does not mean that Gods' Word is not true.

Yes we agree...

In answer to your question we read in 1 John that His anointing teaches us...

So it is more than an analysis of scripture, it is His Spirit within witnessing to the Truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes we agree...

In answer to your question we read in 1 John that His anointing teaches us...

So it is more than an analysis of scripture, it is His Spirit within witnessing to the truth.

Well yes and no, it is both. The anointing in 1 John is in context to "we" that is to the faith or those who understand it. Faith coming by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. It is about having the right interpretation and understanding of the scriptures or the faith that allows Gods' Spirit to work in us to will and to do of God's good pleasure. Just because some people do not understand the scriptures does not mean that there is not a correct understanding of the scriptures. Case in point is all the scriptures that pointed to Jesus from the old testament that the Scribes and the Pharisees did not see because Gods Spirit was not guiding them. According to the scriptures we are sanctified through the truth and Gods' Word is truth (John 17:17). What we believe and follow therefore matters and determines if we are in the faith or not in the faith. I am not sure why you cannot see this Carl.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well yes and no, it is both. The anointing in 1 John is in context to "we" that is to the faith or those who understand it. Faith coming by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. It is about having the right interpretation and understanding of the scriptures or the faith that allows Gods' Spirit to work in us to will and to do of God's good pleasure. Just because some people do not understand the scriptures does not mean that there is not a correct understanding of the scriptures. Case in point is all the scriptures that pointed to Jesus from the old testament that the Scribes and the Pharisees did not see because Gods Spirit was not guiding them. According to the scriptures we are sanctified through the truth and Gods' Word is truth (John 17:17). What we believe and follow therefore matter and determines if we are in the faith or not in the faith.

Well yes and no...

I notice you often fail to distinguish between God's Word and the Scripture.

Which 'God's Word' do you think John 17:17 refers to?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well yes and no...
I notice you often fail to distinguish between God's Word and the Scripture.Which 'God's Word' do you think John 17:17 refers to?
Not at all dear friend. I think this is where we will agree to disagree if you think that scripture is not Gods' Word * 2 Timothy 3:16 written for our admonition upon who the ends of the world have come *1 Corinthians 10:11. If we think that the scriptures are not God's Word than according to the scriptures that is unbelief and whatsoever is not of faith is sin according to Romans 14:23 as faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God according to Romans 10:17 and we are saved by grace through faith according to Ephesians 2:8-9. There is God's spoken Word and the recorded written Word given to us from Jesus who is the living Word of God. To deny Gods' Word is unbelief and sin according to the scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not at all dear friend. I think this is where we will agree to disagree if you think that scripture is not Gods' Word * 2 Timothy 3:16 written for our admonition upon who the ends of the world have come *1 Corinthians 10:11. If we think that the scriptures are not God's Word than according to the scriptures that is unbelief and whatsoever is not of faith is sin according to Romans 14:23 as faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God according to Romans 10:17 and we are saved by grace through faith according to Ephesians 2:8-9. There is God's spoken Word and the recorded written Word given to us from Jesus who is the living Word of God. To deny Gods' Word is unbelief and sin according to the scriptures.

It will be easier to dialogue if you don't try to second guess my position, you will usually be wrong.

Here are some questions to answer...

Are the Scriptures Jesus?

Are the Scriptures exhaustive?

In the beginning was the Word - is this referring to the Bible?

Does the Scripture include every Word from God's Mouth?

The Letter Kills - was this a reference to Scripture?

Maybe start with these to get a taste of what you believe...

I am not holding my breath... you do not usually answer my questions...

Upvote 0