Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course the Sabbath day is holy time. I keep it holy by resting on it.
I did not know that OWG. Good for you. It is nice to see someone seeking to believe and follow God's Word for themselves. According to the scriptures those who hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him are His sheep. Those who hear but do not follow are not His sheep according to the scriptures because they do not hear and neither do they follow what he says (John 10:26-27). The hour is coming and now is that the true worshipers will worship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 3:23-24. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has lead many away from God and His Word. Jesus says if we follow the man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God we are not worshiping God in Matthew 15:3-9. May God bless you as you seek him through His Word and rest in His grace, love and care that He gives to all those who love Him and keep His commandments *John 14:15; John 15:10; 1 John 5:2-3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am under the spirit of the law, not the letter.

Letter: Don't steal.
Spirit: Be generous.
This is a good point, but God's does not want us to break the letter either. For example literally stealing, or literally worshipping other gods. If you are keeping the Spirit of God's laws which is greater than than letter and Jesus gave as examples Mathew 5:21-30 you will also want to keep the letter. Not because God commanded, because we have a changed heart and want to keep God's laws.

God bless!

• Agree
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟327,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was speaking of Exodus 31:13-14 :)
Shavua tov

I know,

I just wanted to show that it was a sign of God's eternal Commands, not the Temporary "Order of Aaron" that grew only and was ready to vanish..

I wasn't arguing with you :)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was the Sinai covenant? The ministration of the Spirit in the new covenant is a heart that loves and obeys Gods law through faith in the promises of God according to the scriptures (see Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9; 1 John 5:2-4).

Why would you quote from the text of 1 John which refers to "his commandments", and then ignore the passage which defines "his commandments"?

1Jn 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am under the spirit of the law, not the letter.

Letter: Don't steal.
Spirit: Be generous.

I think the phrase 'Law of the Spirit of life' is a better term ???

1. Romans 7:6
    But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

2. Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now Carl, do you really need to spread untruthful slander about me? I do not believe in legalism whatsoever and have never said anything to make you think this is what I believe and feel quite disappointed you would seek to spend your time in slander and misinformation in order to avoid addressing the posts, questions and the scriptures that have been shared with you here.

Legalism is thinking one is saved by the works of the law apart from faith in Christ. Where did I ever say to you anywhere that we are saved by what we do apart from faith in Christ? If I have never said such things why are you pretending that I believe in something that I do not believe? What is it in the scriptures Carl that I have shared with you that you believe is not true and why?

Do you really need to go to that length to try and say things that are not true in order to avoid answering the questions that are asked and the scriptures that have been shared with you that disagree with you? Anyhow I will leave that between you and God. You can ignore the scriptures that have only been shared in love and as a help to you if you want to and of course you do not have to answer the questions that are asked of you if you do not want to. So everyone knows exactly what I believe let me show it here so there is no misunderstandings.

I believe according to the scriptures, we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9. As posted earlier, obedience to God's words are not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of genuine faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we believe and follow his word *John 10:26-27. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-27. Therefore we do not abolish God's law through faith like some people teach but God's law is established in the heart by faith that works by love *Romans 3:31; 1 John 5:3-4; Romans 13:8-10. According to the scriptures, sin (breaking God' commandments and not believing and following God's Word) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14. At the second coming Christs reward is with him *Revelation 22:12.

Now what is it Carl in the scriptures that I have shared with you here that you do not think is true and why (scriptures please), and if I tell you the truth why do you not believe me? What is it here that I have posted that you claim is legalism? If I have posted nothing to show that what I believe is legalism why are you pretending that I have and bearing false witness against your brother in Christ?

Take care Carl.

Read my testimony and then tell me I am not going to Hell for not keeping the Seventh day Sabbath.

Seriously I am waiting for your answer, then I will know if you are in judgement over others or not.

Do not answer with scripture - Yes or No please... Jesus did not always answer with scripture. Reveal your true position. What is behind the scriptures you bring?

Jesus's Ministry

I have been careful to refer to your theology as being flawed.

I know nothing about you personally.

However...

I am inviting you to reveal yourself.

You seem to want to make it personal, when I am only addressing your presentation of scripture.

There was a day when I threw the bible away because I was so susceptible to the demonic that I was condemned every time I opened it up.

At that stage I hadn't learned how to resist such oppression effectively.

The bible is a dangerous book used to spiritually bind or bless depending on what spirit prevails.

Cry out to God for Truth and freedom from deception - only by His Grace can we see by His inspiration.

I did exactly that for years.

We are toast without His grace.

With His Love...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Read my testimony and then tell me I am not going to Hell for not keeping the Seventh day Sabbath.

Seriously I am waiting for your answer, then I will know if you are in judgement over others or not.

Do not answer with scripture - Yes or No please... Jesus did not always answer with scripture. Reveal your true position. What is behind the scriptures you bring?

Jesus's Ministry

I have been careful to refer to your theology as being flawed.

I know nothing about you personally.

However...

I am inviting you to reveal yourself.

You seem to want to make it personal, when I am only addressing your presentation of scripture.

There was a day when I threw the bible away because I was so susceptible to the demonic that I was condemned every time I opened it up.

At that stage I hadn't learned how to resist such oppression effectively.

The bible is a dangerous book used to spiritually bind or bless depending on what spirit prevails.

Cry out to God for Truth and freedom from deception - only by His Grace can we see by His inspiration.

I did exactly that for years.

We are toast without His grace.

With His Love...
I think you're missing the point, this is not the SDA Sabbath, it is God's Sabbath that is part of an eternal covenant Psalms 89:34. God commanded us to keep holy His seventh day Sabbath Exodus 20:8-11 as a memorial to creation Genesis 2:1-3. Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man. Mark 2:27. There is no other holy day in the Bible other than the seventh day according to God. No one is here to judge, but we should help each other out when ones belief is different than scripture. We are told keeping the Sabbath is a sign between God and His people Ezekiel 20:20 and how we are sanctified Ezekiel 20:12. Throughout the bible, God's Sabbath is important to God and Jesus, so should it not be for us as well? It's something you might need to explain why you feel it didn't apply to you when Jesus comes. What if you're wrong about the Sabbath and God really intended each of us to keep holy His Sabbath day, like He commanded. I know without a doubt God's Sabbath day is eternal because He told us that Exodus 31:16, Psalms 89:34 and Isaiah 66:23. The one scripture in Colossians is referring to ordinances not commandments and is refencing the yearly sabbath(s) feasts days and not one of God's eternal commandments and we clearly know this by what Jesus practiced- Sabbath keeping Luke 4:16, the Sabbath being kept after Jesus died Luke 23:56, Jesus telling us during end times after He has gone back to heaven that He hopes our flight (into the hills running from "Christians" persecuting God's saints) He hopes our flight is not on the Sabbath day Matthew 24:20, why would it matter if God's Sabbath is no longer required to keep holy. And we know the Sabbath day will be the day of worship on the New Earth Isaiah 66:23. There really is no way to come to the conclusion that God's Sabbath day is no more. Not saying everyone who keeps God's Sabbath will be saved. According to Jesus we are to keep all of God's commandments Mathew 5:17-20, John 15:10 which includes the 4th Exodus 20:8-11 the one God started with the word REMEMBER, which people for some reason are trying to teach the opposite of what God personally spoke and wrote.

God bless!

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you're missing the point, this is not the SDA Sabbath, it is God's Sabbath that is part of an eternal covenant Psalms 89:34. God commanded us to keep holy His seventh day Sabbath Exodus 20:8-11 as a memorial to creation Genesis 2:1-3. Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man. Mark 2:27. There is no other holy day in the Bible other than the seventh day according to God. No one is here to judge, but we should help each other out when ones belief is different than scripture. We are told keeping the Sabbath is a sign between God and His people Ezekiel 20:20 and how we are sanctified Ezekiel 20:12. Throughout the bible, God's Sabbath is important to God and Jesus, so should it not be for us as well? It's something you might need to explain why you feel it didn't apply to you when Jesus comes. What if you're wrong about the Sabbath and God really intended each of us to keep holy His Sabbath day, like He commanded. I know without a doubt God's Sabbath day is eternal because He told us that Exodus 31:16, Psalms 89:34 and Isaiah 66:23. The one scripture in Colossians is referring to ordinances not commandments and is refencing the yearly sabbath(s) feasts days and not one of God's eternal commandments and we clearly know this by what Jesus practiced- Sabbath keeping Luke 4:16, the Sabbath being kept after Jesus died Luke 23:56, Jesus telling us during end times after He has gone back to heaven that He hopes our flight (into the hills running from "Christians" persecuting God's saints) He hopes our flight is not on the Sabbath day Matthew 24:20, why would it matter if God's Sabbath is no longer required to keep holy. And we know the Sabbath day will be the day of worship on the New Earth Isaiah 66:23. There really is no way to come to the conclusion that God's Sabbath day is no more. Not saying everyone who keeps God's Sabbath will be saved. According to Jesus we are to keep all of God's commandments Mathew 5:17-20, John 15:10 which includes the 4th Exodus 20:8-11 the one God started with the word REMEMBER, which people for some reason are trying to teach the opposite of what God personally spoke and wrote.

God bless!

Just a Yes or a No please.

Jesus would have answered plainly and simply.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just a Yes or a No please.

Jesus would have answered plainly and simply.
Yes told us IF we love Him, keep the commandments John 14:15, John 15:10, 1 John 5:3, Exodus 20:6

We convince ourselves of anything if it is something we don't want to do. The scriptures are there plainly for all to read....

God said REMEMER Exodus 20:8-11 that should be enough for us to follow but I guess it will be between you and God.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There really is no way to come to the conclusion that God's Sabbath day is no more. Not saying everyone who keeps God's Sabbath will be saved. According to Jesus we are to keep all of God's commandments Mathew 5:17-20, John 15:10 which includes the 4th Exodus 20:8-11 the one God started with the word REMEMBER, which people for some reason are trying to teach the opposite of what God personally spoke and wrote.

If you could keep the ten commandments, why did Christ have to die at Calvary?

What percentage of your salvation is based on what Christ did at Calvary? _________ %

What percentage is based on your works? _____________ %

Your eternal destiny is based on the two questions above.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you could keep the ten commandments, why did Christ have to die at Calvary?

What percentage of your salvation is based on what Christ did at Calvary? _________ %

What percentage is based on your works? _____________ %

Your eternal destiny is based on the two questions above.

The better question is why would Jesus had to of died if it's okay to sin? Saying we are free to sin because of Jesus great sacrifice that allows us now to worship other gods, vain His name, steal, lie, commit adultery is beyond comprehension. Jesus died to save us from sin. We were never meant to sin. The penalty of sin is death. Jesus died so we could be saved from sin, but that does not give us a license to sin. We are to repent of our sins and true repentance means asking Jesus to help us overcome and turn from sin.

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins Hebrews 10:26

No one has ever said we are saved by keeping the law. We are saved by God's grace that is His gift to give (or not) through our faith. Keeping God's laws is a fruit of our faith. We will be judged though based on our actions 2 Corinthians 5:10. We do not obey God's laws to be saved, we obey because we have a changed heart and the Holy Spirit is given for those who want to obey and keep God's laws. John 14:15-18, Acts 5:32

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The better question is why would Jesus had to of died if it's okay to sin? Saying we are free to sin because of Jesus great sacrifice that allows us now to worship other gods, vain His name, steal, lie, commit adultery is beyond comprehension. Jesus died to save us from sin. We were never meant to sin. The penalty of sin is death. Jesus died so we could be saved from sin, but that does not give us a license to sin. We are to repent of our sins and true repentance means asking Jesus to help us overcome and turn from sin.

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins Hebrews 10:26

No one has ever said we are saved by keeping the law. We are saved by God's grace that is His gift to give (or not) through our faith. Keeping God's laws is a fruit of our faith. We will be judged though based on our actions 2 Corinthians 5:10. We do not obey God's laws to be saved, we obey because we have a changed heart and the Holy Spirit is given for those who want to obey and keep God's laws. John 14:15-18, Acts 5:32

When are you going to answer the two questions which reveal the true Gospel?

If you are judged based on your actions, you are doomed.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What was the Sinai covenant? The ministration of the Spirit in the new covenant is a heart that loves and obeys Gods law through faith in the promises of God according to the scriptures (see Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9; 1 John 5:2-4). There is only condemnation and death in the letter of the law because it is through the law we have a knowledge of what sin is according to Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4. Therefore sin and condemnation and death is the problem not God's law which Paul calls holy just and good in Romans 7:12. The ministration of the Spirit is forgiveness from sin and condemnation and death and freedom to walk in newness of life (see Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-4; Galatians 5:16). Unless we are born again we cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven according to Jesus *John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:6-9 because sin (breaking God's law) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to *1 John 3:9-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14. Now what is it here that you disagree with?
Your response here...
Why would you quote from the text of 1 John which refers to "his commandments", and then ignore the passage which defines "his commandments"?
Your micro-quoting me here and leaving out the part of my post that shows why your teachings are not biblical. I have provided my full post above for context. Let's discuss the rest of your post. I did not ignore the passage that defines what sin is in 1 John, I provided it in 1 John 3:4 which says [4] "Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." This agrees with what Paul says in Romans 7:7 when he applies it to Gods' 10 commandments when He says; [7] "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet." Both John and Paul agreeing with what James says when he writes, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law." in James 2:10-11. You in turn need to ignore these scriptures that apply transgression of Gods' law to the application of Gods' 10 commandments to being sin which contradicts the bible. Are you disagreeing with James, Paul and John and believe that breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments is not sin? When God's Word (not mine) says verbatim that sin is breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments?
1Jn 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 1Jn 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 1Jn 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
According to the scriptures to believe on the son means to believe and follow what Gods Word says. Love is how we keep the commandments according to the new covenant promise of Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-36 and Ezekiel 36:24-27 and is why Jesus says "on these two great commandments of love hang all the law and the prophets in Matthew 22:36-40. Paul show that we love one another by keeping God's 10 commandments by quoting them in Romans 13:8-10 as does James in James 2:8-12.

So to say we love God by breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments is to disregard the scriptures and the rest of the bible that shows that we love God and our fellow man by keeping God's law by faith that works in a new heart that has been born again to love as those who are born again into God's new covenant promise to love does not practice sin which is breaking Gods' law and not believing God's Word (see Romans 7:7; James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20; Romans 14:23). Sin (breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments) as posted earlier is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to the scriptures in 1 John 3:6-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14.

For example how do we express our love to our fellow man? Do we love our neighbor by stealing from them? Do we love our neighbor by murdering them? Paul here defining and showing what it means to love one another and agreeing with what John says in Matthew 1 John 3:24 and what Jesus says in Matthew 22:36-40 when he says in Romans 13:8-10 [8] "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another (see 1 John 3:24): for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law. [9], For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

According to the scriptures love is expressed in obedience to Gods' 10 commandments in all those who have been born again into Gods' new covenant promise by faith not by breaking them. So to have an interpretation of the scriptures that we love God and our fellow man by breaking God's law is not biblical. According to the scripture those who continue in a life of known unrepentant sin once they have been given a knowledge of the truth of Gods' Word and reject it in order to continue in sin will not enter into the kingdom of God because they in doing so reject the free gift of Gods' dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of Gods' grace (see Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 and Hebrews 10:26-31).

Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think the phrase 'Law of the Spirit of life' is a better term ???

1. Romans 7:6
    But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

2. Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

For Romans 7:6 The law of sin and death is condemnation for sin and the penalty of sin which is death according to the scriptures not Gods' 10 commandments that only gives us a knowledge of what sin is as shown in the next verse in Romans 7:7 (see also Romans 3:20). Paul says that God's law is holy, just and good in Romans 7:12 you left out here. For Romans 8:2 context you leave out here is also important as Romans 8:1-4 says [1], There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [2], For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. [3], For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: [4], That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. The reason therefore for God's Spirit is so that God's law might be fulfilled in us. As posted earlier no one has Gods' Spirit if they are knowingly breaking God's law and practicing known unrepentant sin after they have been given a knowledge of the truth of Gods' Word and choose to reject it in order to practice known unrepentant sin according to Hebrews 10:26-31 and neither do they know God according to 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6 and need to be born again according to 1 John 3:6-9. As posted earlier sin is the difference here between the children of God and the children of the devil according to 1 John 3:6-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You in turn need to ignore these scriptures that apply transgression of Gods' law to the application of Gods' 10 commandments to being sin which contradicts the bible.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
Based on what Christ said in Matthew chapter 5, the New Covenant is a higher standard, not for our salvation but for our conduct.
About eight times in the passage Christ quotes from the Law of Moses and then adds... "But I say...".

Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.'
Mat 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Just as with the standard above for adultery, my standard of the 4th commandment is higher than the Law of Moses.
Christ is our Sabbath "rest", not just one day a week, but constantly for those of us who have accepted His works at Calvary.
In the passage below Paul reveals the Sabbath day was a "shadow" of Christ.

Col 2:16 Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
Col 2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ;

Deuteronomy 5:3, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Galatians 3:16-19, and Galatians 4:24-31, and Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 12:18-24 all reveal the temporary nature of the Sinai Covenant, which is now "obsolete".

• Winner
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Read my testimony and then tell me I am not going to Hell for not keeping the Seventh day Sabbath Seriously I am waiting for your answer, then I will know if you are in judgement over others or not. Do not answer with scripture - Yes or No please... Jesus did not always answer with scripture. Reveal your true position. What is behind the scriptures you bring? Jesus's Ministry I have been careful to refer to your theology as being flawed. I know nothing about you personally.
However... I am inviting you to reveal yourself. You seem to want to make it personal, when I am only addressing your presentation of scripture. There was a day when I threw the bible away because I was so susceptible to the demonic that I was condemned every time I opened it up. At that stage I hadn't learned how to resist such oppression effectively. The bible is a dangerous book used to spiritually bind or bless depending on what spirit prevails. Cry out to God for Truth and freedom from deception - only by His Grace can we see by His inspiration. I did exactly that for years. We are toast without His grace. With His Love...

Carl I have never once said to you that you are going to hell for not keeping the Sabbath. So to say, or imply as you have done over the last few posts to me that I have said things I have have said or believe is simply not being truthful. I have only posted scripture to you showing that sin is breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments and not believing and following God's Word from Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Romans 14:23 as the purpose of God's law (10 commandments) is to give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken according to Romans 3:20. All of these are God's Words not my words and if they are Gods' Word why do you not believe them? Gods' 4th commandment of course is one of God's 10 commandment that give us a knowledge of what sin is according to the scriptures. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition of men that has been handed down from the mother church (Roman Catholic Church) to Protestantism that has led many to break God's 4th commandment. It is Jesus not me that says if we follow man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God we are not worshiping God in Matthew 15:3-9. According to the scriptures I believe that God's people are in every Church living up to all the light from Gods' Word that he has revealed to them *John 10:16. God is calling us all wherever we might be out from following man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God, back to the pure Word of God. In times of ignorance God winks at and does not hold believers accountable for our sins but when God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word calls all men everywhere believe and follow it *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; James 4:17. Jesus says that the hour is coming and now is that the true worshipers will worship God in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and according to the scriptures those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24. According to the scriptures BABYLON has fallen God has calling us back to His Word saying with a loud voice saying, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters *Revelation 14:8-12. According to the scriptures it is only those who do not believe and reject Gods' Word that are deceived. No one can say they know God according to the scriptures by not believing and following what God's Word says (1 John 2:3-4; Romans 14:23; Hebrews 10:26-31). Perhaps you should consider your own words here Carl.

Take care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you could keep the ten commandments, why did Christ have to die at Calvary?.
God's salvation is from sin not to continue in sin *John 8:31-36; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-4; Romans 3:31; 1 John 3:6-10. If you continue in known unrepentant sin the scriptures teach we will die *Hebrews 10:26-31. Jesus died at Calvary because we have all sinned and need Gods' forgiveness and grace *Ephesians 2:8-9

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Are yes dear friend it is the truth and it is God's Word not my words but it seems you do not believe them just the same as you have not responded to anything in the post you are quoting from. If you disagree with the post you are quoting from perhaps you can show why you disagree from the scriptures as I have done with all of your posts? Please see the full post and the scriptures you have disregarded as well as the scripture context you have left out from your earlier post in the full post you are quoting from in post # 233 linked that disagrees with you. You of course are free to believe as you wish. That would be between you and God as they are Gods' Words not mine that you disagree with you that your choosing to ignore in the linked post.
Based on what Christ said in Matthew chapter 5, the New Covenant is a higher standard, not for our salvation but for our conduct. About eight times in the passage Christ quotes from the Law of Moses and then adds... "But I say...". Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.' Mat 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
What this has to do with the post you are quoting from I do not know but let's discuss it anyway. The scriptures teach us that it is not God’s will that we sin but if any man sin we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous in 1 John 2:1. So it is not God’s will for us to continue practicing known unrepentant sin *Hebrews 10:26-27; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31. Jesus also says that It we continue in His Word we shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free from our sins in John 8:31-36. This being also confirmed by Paul in Romans 6:1-23. John goes on further to say that how we know that we know God is if we keep His commandments and he that says he knows God and does not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him in 1 John 2:3-4. So to claim that God cannot save us from our sins is not biblical and denies the very gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and is another gospel that is not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:6-9; 2 Corinthians 11:4). This is why Jesus said unless a man is born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven in John 3:3-7.

In Matthew 5:17-28 Jesus taught us that unless we are made clean from the inside out and that our righteousness exceeds that of the external observance of the law like the Scribes and the Pharisees we cannot enter into the Kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:17-20). Matthew 5:20 is interesting because on the outside the Scribes and Pharisees as JESUS taught appeared righteous to men. Outwardly blameless in regards to following God's 10 commandments but inwardly Jesus says they were full of SIN (breaking God's LAW) *Matthew 23:27-28. JESUS says; For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven *Matthew 5:20. The scripture in Isaiah 42:21 was posted to show that Jesus came to teach the true meaning of God's Law and that is it is to be applied to the inside out not for appearance to appear righteous to men but being inwardly full of sin and dead mans bones. God reads the heart and knows we are all sick with sin *Matthew 15:19-20; Matthew 12:34-35; Jeremiah 13:23; Jeremiah 17:9-10; Matthew 15:19-20; John 5:42 and in need of a Saviour from SIN. Many do not know the meaning here Matthew 9:12-13.

This is leading to the new covenant promise of a new heart to love *Hebrews 8:10-12; John 5:42; 1 John 5:17-19; 1 John 4:16; 1 John 5:3; 1 John 4:8. We do not have the love of God in us *John 5:42. We need to be born of god to love *1 John 4:7 and partake of the new covenant promise. This is why Jesus teaches in *John 3:3-7 that unless we are made clean from the inside out and born again to love we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. This is what Jesus is talking about in Matthew 5:20 when discussing the Scribes and the Pharisees teaching the application of God's law from the inside out.

Whosoever is born of god to love in the new covenant *Hebrews 8:10-12 does not knowingly practice sin *1 John 3:9; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:31; Matthew 22:36-40. This is the good news of the gospels in the new covenant we have a savior to save us from sin (not in sin) but we have to be made new to walk in God's Spirit *Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4.

1 John 3:3-10 is talking about all those who are born again to love and it is love that fulfills God's law in all those who believe and follow God's word in the new covenant *Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 13:8-10. this results in a people that keep God's law (10 commandments) from the inside out. *Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:3-10; Romans 13:8-10; romans 3:31; Hebrews 8:10-12. Unless we are born again to love we cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven *John 3:3-7.

………….

So what the conclusion of the matter?

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: FEAR GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: FOR THIS IS THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN.

God’s law (10 commandments) is not abolished they are fulfilled and established in the life of a believer as they believe God’s Word and abide in Christ and walk in God’s Spirit *Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31; Romans 8:4. Now dear friend what is it you disagree with in the scriptures that have been shared with you here?

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Carl I have never once said to you that you are going to hell for not keeping the Sabbath. So to say, or imply as you have done over the last few posts to me that I have said things I have have said or believe is simply not being truthful. I have only posted scripture to you showing that sin is breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments and not believing and following God's Word from Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Romans 14:23 as the purpose of God's law (10 commandments) is to give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken according to Romans 3:20. All of these are God's Words not my words and if they are Gods' Word why do you not believe them? Gods' 4th commandment of course is one of God's 10 commandment that give us a knowledge of what sin is according to the scriptures. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition of men that has been handed down from the mother church (Roman Catholic Church) to Protestantism that has led many to break God's 4th commandment. It is Jesus not me that says if we follow man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God we are not worshiping God in Matthew 15:3-9. According to the scriptures I believe that God's people are in every Church living up to all the light from Gods' Word that he has revealed to them *John 10:16. God is calling us all wherever we might be out from following man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God, back to the pure Word of God. In times of ignorance God winks at and does not hold believers accountable for our sins but when God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word calls all men everywhere believe and follow it *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; James 4:17. Jesus says that the hour is coming and now is that the true worshipers will worship God in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and according to the scriptures those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24. According to the scriptures BABYLON has fallen God has calling us back to His Word saying with a loud voice saying, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters *Revelation 14:8-12. According to the scriptures it is only those who do not believe and reject Gods' Word that are deceived. No one can say they know God according to the scriptures by not believing and following what God's Word says (1 John 2:3-4; Romans 14:23; Hebrews 10:26-31). Perhaps you should consider your own words here Carl.

Take care.

I was just presenting you with your end game so readers would beware...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Christ is our Sabbath "rest", not just one day a week, but constantly for those of us who have accepted His works at Calvary.
Where does it say in the scriptures that Christ is a Sabbath? According to the scriptures Jesus is the Lord and creator of the Sabbath that he made for all mankind as shown in Mark 2:27-28 and John 1:1-4; 14. The only definition of Gods' 4th commandment Sabbath of the 10 commandments according to the scriptures is the "seventh day" as shown in Exodus 20:10 where it is written "But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God." There is no scripture that says Jesus is a sabbath dear friend just the same as there is no scripture that says the Sabbath which is a holy day of rest is every day of the week. Scripture please, you have provided none to support your teachings here that are not biblical.
In the passage below Paul reveals the Sabbath day was a "shadow" of Christ. Col 2:16 Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths, Col 2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ
If that interpretation was true Paul would be talking about the Sabbath singular as a definite article in the Greek but it is not. The scripture here is to sabbaths plural and the Greek used here is genitive neuter plural [N-GNP] to sabbaths. The context in Colossians 2:16 is to the meat and drink offerings and the new moons and sabbaths in the Feast days not Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandments. You may want to consider that according to the scriptures there are many different kinds of sabbaton in the old covenant that were simply meaning in the Greek days of no work or rest and in fact the Greek sabbaton also can mean a week. So scripture context here determines words meaning and application. Unlike God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments there were many different annual sabbaths connected to the Feast days or Greek sabbaton (no work) in the old covenant which included; (1) Feast of Unleavened Bread (first and last day) *Leviticus 23:6-8 (2) Feast of Trumpets *Leviticus 23:24-25 (3) Day of Atonement *Leviticus 23:27-32 (4) Feast of Booths *Leviticus 23:34-36 (5) Feast of First Fruits *Leviticus 23:39 (6) Feast days of Holy convocation of no work (sabbaton Colossians 2:16 *Leviticus 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36. Unlike God's 4th commandment that is linked only to the "seventh day" of the week. These ceremonial sabbaths are linked directly to the Feast days and can fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycle. The scripture that Paul is referring to here in Colossians 2:16-17 are found here; you may want to compare them if you have an interest in seeing what Colossians 2:16-17 is really talking about.

COLOSSIANS 2:16 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in (1) MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an (2) HOLY DAY [FEAST DAYS], or of the (3) NEW MOON, or of the (4) SABBATH DAYS <plural GNP>

PAUL'S within scriptures CONTEXT and use of COLOSSIANS 2:16-17 is in reference to the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures.

EZEKIEL 45:17 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give BURNT OFFERINGS, and (1) MEAT OFFERINGS, and DRINK OFFERINGS, in the (2) FEASTS, and in the (3) NEW MOONS, and in the (4) SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

NUMBERS 28 [9] And on the Sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the DRINK OFFERING thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of EVERY SABBATH, beside the continual BURN'T OFFERING, and his DRINK OFFERING.

ISAIAH 1:10-14 [10] Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.[11] To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I AM FULL OF THE BURNT OFFERINGS of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.[12] When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?[13] BRING NO MORE VAIN OBLATIONS; incense is an abomination unto me; THE NEW MOONS AND SABBATHS, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.[14] Your NEW MOONS and your APPOINTED FEASTS my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

LEVITICUS 23:4 [4] These are THE FEASTS OF THE LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. [5] In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is THE LORD'S PASSOVER. [6] And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread…… [13] And the MEAT OFFERING thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the DRINK OFFERING thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

HOSEA 2:11 [11], I will also cause all her mirth to CEASE, HER [ISRAEL'S] FEAST DAYS, her NEW MOONS, and HER SABBATHS, and all HER [ISRAELS] SOLEMN FEASTS.

Note in HOSEA the prophecy to put an end to all the end to all the annual feasts and in all the above scripture applications that link directly to Colossians 2:16, the sabbaths being referred to here are always applied the annual feast days, meat and drink offerings, and the new moons? So the scripture context is to the annual sabbaths in the feast days that are shadows of things to come. As shown earlier these annual ceremonial sabbaths or days of holy convocation included (1) Feast of Unleavened Bread (first and last day) *Leviticus 23:6-8 (2) Feast of Trumpets *Leviticus 23:24-25 (3) Day of Atonement *Leviticus 23:27-32 (4) Feast of Booths *Leviticus 23:34-36 (5) Feast of First Fruits *Leviticus 23:39 (6) Feast days of Holy convocation of no work *Leviticus 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36

WHAT IS PAUL REFERRING TO IN COLOSSIANS 2?

Well of course it is the ceremonial “shadow laws” and the annual ceremonial shadow sabbaths of the Mosaic book of the law. The chapter context of Colossians 2:11-17 is to “circumcision” and “baptism” and the blotting out of the “ordinances that were against us” that were all “shadows of things to come v17.
Deuteronomy 5:3, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Galatians 3:16-19, and Galatians 4:24-31, and Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 12:18-24 all reveal the temporary nature of the Sinai Covenant, which is now "obsolete".
True we are in the new covenant now not the old covenant. I asked you earlier what do you think the old covenant was made up of and what do you think the new covenant is (scripture please). None of your post here of course addresses anything in the post you were responding to.

Anyhow hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0