Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Today, we have mega church, online church, satellite church, seeker sensitive church. Also, motivational speakers like Joel Olsteen etc. What is your opinion about how church liturgy has transformed over the past 20- 30 years? Good, bad, indifferent? Share your thoughts.

Last edited:

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The purpose of the Church is to carry out the mission of God.

So, when it comes to worship style, I'd measure it against questions like:
- Does this worship service proclaim the good news of the kingdom?
- Does it teach and nurture the faith of the people participating?
- Does it respond to people's needs?
- Does it challenge injustice and violence, and promote peace and reconciliation?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

Well all those are the visible church which are made up of believers and unbelievers. But basically the visible church is a very worldly organization and actually functions more like a social club in many ways.

They have adopted many, science ideas about God's creation and also have adopted many beliefs that fit more into a pagan type of religion than in christianity.

And very few can accurately tell unbelievers how to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life.

• Winner
Reactions: wendykvw
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟411,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us; we entreat you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
2 Corinthians 5.19-20

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are many false teachers today who espouse trendy post-modern heresies from the pulpit. If the preacher is leading his flock to "a purpose driven life" or a "name it and claim it gospel" or any thing else resembling a "post-modern social agenda" then find another church.

What did Jesus do in His ministry? How many time did Jesus say to others, "follow me." What did Jesus teach His disciples... God's Word has the answers...

Purpose of the church:
  • Reach people for Christ (Acts 1:8)
  • Make disciples -- disciple believers, develop and produce mature followers of Christ (Matthew 28:19-20)
  • Equip and instruct believers to serve the Lord, building up the entire body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-16)

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are many false teachers today who espouse trendy post-modern heresies from the pulpit. If the preacher is leading his flock to "a purpose driven life" or a "name it and claim it gospel" or any thing else resembling a "post-modern social agenda" then find another church.

What did Jesus do in His ministry? How many time did Jesus say to others, "follow me." What did Jesus teach His disciples... God's Word has the answers...

Purpose of the church:
  • Reach people for Christ (Acts 1:8)
  • Make disciples -- disciple believers, develop and produce mature followers of Christ (Matthew 28:19-20)
  • Equip and instruct believers to serve the Lord, building up the entire body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-16)
Agreed all the while not caving into the culture which is at enmity with God. The church needs to preach the gospel not become like the world to reach them . It’s the gospel that has the power to save .

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Today, we have mega church, online church, satellite church, seeker sensitive church. Also, motivational speakers like Joel Olsteen etc. What is your opinion about how church liturgy has transformed over the past 20- 30 years? Good, bad, indifferent? Share your thoughts.

People should study deeply His Word for themselves ... regardless where the teachings come from they should be carefully compared with His Word to verify the teachings are so, that includes any teachings from a organized church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the small unregistered house Churches in China have done wonderfully under sever persecution. 30 years ago it lost all the male leadership picked up and never returned and it was only around two million at the time. Today it is estimated to be 125 million and growing rapidly.

• Winner
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The Church exists by Mission, as fire exists by burning"..
Fires exist as things are burned up, destroyed and potential energy is dissipated till nothing useful remains.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟551,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fires exist as things are burned up, destroyed and potential energy is dissipated till nothing useful remains.
Have you heard the phrase..
'Revival Fire or 'Church on Fire'..?
---
Examples (book titles)
'Revival Fire'
- Wesley Duewel
'Revival Fires'
- Geoff Waugh
---
I assume..you consider that those authors/books were in error.
- using the word the 'fire'.
---
I am working on the book project.
- 'Spiritual Awakening/Revivals & Mission in Christian History'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you heard the phrase..
'Revival Fire or 'Church on Fire'..?
---
Examples (book titles)
'Revival Fire'
- Wesley Duewel
'Revival Fires'
- Geoff Waugh
---
I assume..you consider that those authors/books were in error.
- using the word the 'fire'.
---
I am working on the book project.
- 'Spiritual Awakening/Revivals & Mission in Christian History'

One needs to split test book titles to see how a title draws people in.
Here is an practical book on the subject of creating a book and title that gains intersted readers:

You can listen on audible to a sample or read a free sample on Amazon:
717x32WO6SL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums