• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

psychopath.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAAchristian757

Aug 23, 2017
Chesapeake, VA
✟9,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
so my psych doctor thinks I have anti social personality disorder, she thinks i might be a psychopath.

Can psychopaths be christians, I lack feelings and have done some stuff I wont mention unless through PM. But I want to serve god, but I`m numb when it comes to human emotions. Its like im constantly distracted from gods word and I want to get better.

Any advice? Anything you guys want to ask?
You may have APD... but this post doesn't sound like a psychopath. Sure anyone can be a Christian. They may have a different experience than the average Christian. Most psychopaths are very successful people that don't harm others...

Upvote 0

MonstersvsMartyrs

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
ive done alot of anti social stuff, I still have those urges to destroy things. But Iam on medicine to keep my mindset at bay. APD and sociopathy are linked, so go figure :p
APD and sociopathy and psychopathy are all basically different names for the same thing.

At first this disorder was called "psychopathy". Later on, the term was changed to "sociopathy" to avoid confusion with psychosis and reflect the belief at the time that psychological disorders were caused by faulty socialization. When the DSM officially added the disorder, they labelled it "antisocial personality disorder". The criteria used on Hare's psychopathy checklist and the DSM criteria are a bit different, but they are both used to measure the same personality disorder, as is "dissocial personality disorder" defined by the ICD. Over time people began to use these terms to describe different things and basically started making up their own definitions. Be careful, there is a lot of misinformation out there. Don't accept just anything you read as fact unless there are studies to back it up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MonstersvsMartyrs

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
my anti-social personality diagnosis was from my doctor. :p it wasnt from the internet. But they keep changing the label because of political correctness.
I know. I would listen to your doctor. Be wary of anybody elses opinions.

Upvote 0

SAAchristian757

Aug 23, 2017
Chesapeake, VA
✟9,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
my anti-social personality diagnosis was from my doctor. :p it wasnt from the internet. But they keep changing the label because of political correctness.
I said that the post didn't 'sound' like a psychopath because I would not think a psychopath would be worried about wanting to be right with God. I'm probably wrong. But I reiterate that everyone can be a Christian, it's nothing in us that makes us a Christian. It's responding to the Holy Spirit and accepting the work that Christ has done for us. Salvation is all His work...

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so my psych doctor thinks I have anti social personality disorder, she thinks i might be a psychopath.

Can psychopaths be christians, I lack feelings and have done some stuff I wont mention unless through PM. But I want to serve god, but I`m numb when it comes to human emotions. Its like im constantly distracted from gods word and I want to get better.

Any advice? Anything you guys want to ask?

It has really frightened me when God has shown the some of the extent of the evil that has been inside me. I have been diagnosed with ADHD, depression, and Aspergers Syndrome. The first step is admitting you are evil and needing a savior. Those who are self-righteous can't be saved because they think they are good enough. Being a ''psychopath'' or ''sociopath'' is simply the worlds way of explaining severe demonic influence in someones life. It can be fixed through lots of prayer, fasting, studying Gods word, and just being filled with Gods truth to sanctify, purify, and heal your soul

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Being a ''psychopath'' or ''sociopath'' is simply the worlds way of explaining severe demonic influence in someones life. It can be fixed through lots of prayer, fasting, studying Gods word, and just being filled with Gods truth to sanctify, purify, and heal your soul
From the rules for this forum:
"Any posts dealing with spiritual warfare will be removed. Insinuating that members are possessed or that their health issues are demonic is not permitted."

Upvote 0

MonstersvsMartyrs

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I said that the post didn't 'sound' like a psychopath because I would not think a psychopath would be worried about wanting to be right with God. I'm probably wrong. But I reiterate that everyone can be a Christian, it's nothing in us that makes us a Christian. It's responding to the Holy Spirit and accepting the work that Christ has done for us. Salvation is all His work...
I think a lot of people make that assumption. But actually, in a study done on the careers with the most psychopaths, "clergy" came out in the top ten.
Which Professions Have the Most Psychopaths? The Fewest?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.