GODWITHUS
Feb 6, 2016
south afrika
✟15,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it very shortcoming of saints just recognizing the necessary prophecy as previously future truths of prophecy where future prophecy appears outstanding. When I listen to the prophetic expectation of the saints i find prophetic lack among saints. Many concentrate on the rapture and make another prophecy useless as if the apocalypse has nothing more important for Christians. There are still outstanding prophecies that prolongs the time of prophecy.:clap:

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is probably not what you are talking about but the very first prophecy in the Bible has yet to be fulfilled - Genesis 2:2 - and on the 7th day, God rested.
That won't be fulfilled until Jesus Christ returns and sets up HIS worldwide government and His 1000 years of peace.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion, the modern day Church moved away from End Time Bible Prophecy and left it to the Evangelicals and fringe denominations as a "proselytizing" tool forty years ago, virtually abandoning any serious study of eschatology after that. Television programming, book sales and movies, as well as printed tracts and pamphlets circulated by fringe groups became the mainstay of prophetic study. Of course, all this is "profit" driven and has nothing to do with the Spirit of God. And as they say, "You are what you eat", or a better computer analogy "Garbage in, garbage out".

This whole anti-prophecy atmosphere, deliberately ignores Scripture in which Jesus himself is identified as being the "Spirit of Prophecy",(Revelation 19:10). It ignores the Christian prohibition against "Quenching the gifts of the Spirit", among which is the gift of prophecy, (1 Thess. 5:19). The gift of "prophesying and the interpretation of prophecy" is also one of the greatest gifts according to Scripture, (1 Cor. 4:15). And there is also the Apostolic admonishment not to "despise" prophesying, (1 Thessalonians 5:20).

Now you know what "restrained" the spirit of iniquity and has been removed during the End Times and prepares the way for the coming of the Antichrist, (2 Thessalonians 2:7). The Holy Spirit, (Which reveals to us what is the truth and what is to come, John 16:13), has been totally "swept aside" by popular mainstream (Christian ?!) theology.

You better believe the modern day Church is in "desperate" need of reformation and restoration to the Spirit of God, which is exactly the reason Elijah must come before the Second Advent of Christ, in order to restore what has been "LOST", (Mark 9:12, Malachi 4:5-6). If it were possible for religionist waving certificates of graduation from Bible prophecy schools to accomplish this, Elias and Elijah would not be necessary and they would not be needed, (Revelation 11:3).

So yes, until these two prophets and witnesses arrive, the modern day Church is in some pretty deep trouble, (to put it mildly).

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 56:9-12 All you beasts of the open country and the forest, come and eat your fill. For all of Israel’s watchmen are blind, perceiving nothing, they are all as dumb dogs that cannot bark, dreaming and sleeping. They are like greedy dogs that can never be satisfied, they are shepherds unable to understand the truth, as they go their own way. They say: Come let us fetch wine, strong drink and we will swill it down. The future will be the same as today or better still!

Isaiah 29:9-12 If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused, if you blind yourself, you will stay blinded. Be drunk, but not with wine, for the Lord has poured upon you a spirit of deep stupor. He has closed the prophetic vision and sealed the means of discerning the future to you.

Jeremiah 14:11-13 The Lord said to me: Do not pray for the wellbeing of this people. [Todays Christians] Though they fast and worship Me, but not in spirit and in truth, I shall not listen to their cry on the Day of My punishment. But Lord – their leaders and pastors say to them: you will not face the terrible sword of judgement and they preach prosperity and escape from tribulation.

Jeremiah 14:14-16 The Lord answered me: These are lies that your leaders are misleading the people with. I have not sent them, I have not given them My commission, or spoken to them. They are giving out false teachings, useless advice and their own foolish daydreams.
Therefore, I say about those teachers and pastors who speak falsely in My Name, they will meet their end in My Day of wrath, I shall pour down upon them the disaster they deserve. James 3:1

2 Timothy 4:3-4 The time will come when people will not stand sound teaching, but each will go after their own desires and will only listen to teachers who give pleasant and easy outcomes. People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching. They will only believe fables and fanciful notions. 1 Timothy 1:7 Ref: REB.

Beasts of the field’, foreigners, non Israelites. Those who have ‘encroached onto the holy Land’. Jeremiah 12:14

Israel’s watchmen perceive nothing’, the veil that hides the true knowledge of God’s Word is upon them, because of false beliefs. Deuteronomy 29:4

If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused’, Even when the truth is presented to people who think they have it all sorted, they just cannot see it. Jeremiah 6:10

They preach prosperity, the prosperity theology that gives a sense of false security and escape from tribulation’, The very wrong and pretentious idea of a pre tribulation rapture, that lulls people into thinking they need do nothing.

‘People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching’, 2 Peter 2:1-3

But for those who make the effort to overcome the false teachings, the fictional books that proliferate on the book stalls and all the rubbish on the internet, there is hope: Psalm 78:1-8, Isaiah 55:1-3, Psalm 25:8-9, Psalm 27:11-12, Psalm 32:8, 2 Peter 1:19

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 56:9-12 All you beasts of the open country and the forest, come and eat your fill. For all of Israel’s watchmen are blind, perceiving nothing, they are all as dumb dogs that cannot bark, dreaming and sleeping. They are like greedy dogs that can never be satisfied, they are shepherds unable to understand the truth, as they go their own way. They say: Come let us fetch wine, strong drink and we will swill it down. The future will be the same as today or better still!

Isaiah 29:9-12 If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused, if you blind yourself, you will stay blinded. Be drunk, but not with wine, for the Lord has poured upon you a spirit of deep stupor. He has closed the prophetic vision and sealed the means of discerning the future to you.

Jeremiah 14:11-13 The Lord said to me: Do not pray for the wellbeing of this people. [Todays Christians] Though they fast and worship Me, but not in spirit and in truth, I shall not listen to their cry on the Day of My punishment. But Lord – their leaders and pastors say to them: you will not face the terrible sword of judgement and they preach prosperity and escape from tribulation.

Jeremiah 14:14-16 The Lord answered me: These are lies that your leaders are misleading the people with. I have not sent them, I have not given them My commission, or spoken to them. They are giving out false teachings, useless advice and their own foolish daydreams.
Therefore, I say about those teachers and pastors who speak falsely in My Name, they will meet their end in My Day of wrath, I shall pour down upon them the disaster they deserve.
James 3:1

2 Timothy 4:3-4 The time will come when people will not stand sound teaching, but each will go after their own desires and will only listen to teachers who give pleasant and easy outcomes. People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching. They will only believe fables and fanciful notions. 1 Timothy 1:7 Ref: REB.

Beasts of the field’, foreigners, non Israelites. Those who have ‘encroached onto the holy Land’. Jeremiah 12:14

Israel’s watchmen perceive nothing’, the veil that hides the true knowledge of God’s Word is upon them, because of false beliefs. Deuteronomy 29:4

If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused’, Even when the truth is presented to people who think they have it all sorted, they just cannot see it. Jeremiah 6:10

They preach prosperity, the prosperity theology that gives a sense of false security and escape from tribulation’, The very wrong and pretentious idea of a pre tribulation rapture, that lulls people into thinking they need do nothing.

‘People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching’, 2 Peter 2:1-3

But for those who make the effort to overcome the false teachings, the fictional books that proliferate on the book stalls and all the rubbish on the internet, there is hope: Psalm 78:1-8, Isaiah 55:1-3, Psalm 25:8-9, Psalm 27:11-12, Psalm 32:8, 2 Peter 1:19

WOW ! That is some "super deep" insight Keras (seriously) !.. I was totally unaware of those Old Testament verses that so accurately describe the exact trouble modern day Christianity finds itself in. The Time of Jacob's Trouble is definitely being visited upon Christianity. Most (Christian ?!) Bible scholars lack the insight, (or perhaps more to the point, their conscience won't allow them,) to understand these words of warning, not only applied to the children of Abraham in ancient times, but they also apply equally to Christians today. How could they not ?!

I think your commentary is "eye opening" and definitely "spirit" inspired. A true revelation. I would be curious to know, "Is this a personal revelation" ? or did you learn it from a particular school of teaching ? I'm serious, I'd really like to know. I'm not looking for a chink in someone's armor to attack their theology with. I don't ambush men who speak in the spirit of God, for either entertainment or sport. That would be an insult to God and the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Very encouraging, Stephen583, a nice change from the usual ignoring or abuse from those whose beliefs I challenge by pointing out scriptures that conflict with their beliefs.
That is my task, the Lord has inspired me to write over 500 articles, mostly on Bible prophecy, that bring to light many prophesies that I and most Christians have never heard preached. And when they are read, most just view them as history, apply only to the Jews, or are simply unable to comprehend them because of belief in false teachings.
I have never attended a Bible college or Seminary, so avoided their brainwashing!
It may interest you to know, my surname is McKerras, a Scottish name inherited from my gt-grandfather who emigrated to New Zealand in 1830. I delete the Mc [son of] and one r. Keras, I found to my surprise is a Hebrew word meaning 'Herald or Messenger'. Kerux [pronounced keyrooz] is a Greek word meaning 'preacher of Divine truth'.
logostelos.info

Re: the time of Jacobs trouble, Jeremiah 30:6 How awful is that Day, when has there been its like? A time of anguish for Jacob, yet He will come through it safely.
I do not believe that Day has come yet. The context of all of Jeremiah 30, 31, 32 and 33 is all about how the Lord will destroy the enemies and restore His people. Daniel 12:1-3 also refers to this Day, along with over 100 other prophesies that describe the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath in great detail. It will be the Sixth Seal event, commencing all the prophesied end times events. As the Seventh Seal shows, there will be about 20 years from then until Jesus Returns. [One day to God in heaven = 1000 years earth time. Therefore a half hour, 1/48th of a day in heaven is the same as 1/48th of 1000 years on earth = 20.8 years.]

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may interest you to know, my surname is McKerras, a Scottish name inherited from my gt-grandfather who emigrated to New Zealand in 1830. I delete the Mc [son of] and one r. Keras, I found to my surprise is a Hebrew word meaning 'Herald or Messenger'. Kerux [pronounced keyrooz] is a Greek word meaning 'preacher of Divine truth'.
logostelos.info

How about that. I'm Scottish too. Wallace on my father's side and Edens (Saxon/Scot mixture) on my mother's side. Lot's of Scots immigrated to Texas during the 1800's. We're all fair skinned and red headed. The Texas sun loves us.

Your wise to have foregone the brainwashing. I'm not much impressed by diplomas and certificates anyway. Personally, I don't believe religious institutions can graduate anointed servants of God and certify spiritual gifts according to their custom. If that were the case, you could skip around from one denomination to the next, collecting spiritual gifts like boy scout merit badges. You'd end up as a minister/apostle/teacher/faith healer/discerner of spirits/prophesying/ interpreter of prophecy/demon casting out/speaking in tongues/interpreter of tongues "SUPER CHRISTIAN" !.. I think we both know that's completely unscriptural and a total bunch of nonsense. Not all in the Church are ministers, apostles, teachers, healers, or prophets, ect. (1 Corinthians 12:29). God grants gifts of the spirit to whomever he chooses, according to His Will.

Your words are proof enough of your credentials, don't let anyone ever cause you to think otherwise. Thank you again for the excellent insight and commentary my friend and fellow servant in Christ.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Prophecy is for Believers 1 Corinthians 14:22b

The Bible has plenty of information on how the Lord’s plans have been fulfilled in the past and what we can expect in our future. Also, according to His plan, very few will truly understand the full scope and implications of future events. Daniel 12:10 Some reasons for this are:

1/Those who may profess to be Christian, but in their hearts are not:

1 John 4:4-6 Believers in Christ, you belong in God’s family and you can discern false prophets because the God who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. The world listens to the teachings of worldly people, but we belong to God and whoever knows God pays heed to the truth, those who are not His people cannot comprehend the prophetic message.
Isaiah 29:13-14 The Lord says: Because this people worship Me with empty words and pay Me lip service, while their hearts are far from Me and their religion is but human precepts, learnt by rote; therefore I shall shock them and shock again and their wisdom and discernment will be lost. Matthew 7:21-23

2/Belief in false teaching, leading to a fixed mindset of wrong ideas: Ezekiel 14:3-5

The prime example of a false teaching is the pre-tribulation rapture. This idea denies many Scriptures that say; all will be tested, 1 Peter 4:12, Luke 21:35. This leads to a careless attitude toward prophecy. If you believe you are good enough and sufficiently holy to be taken directly to heaven, then you will be judged for judging yourself. Humility and trust in the Lord’s saving grace, Isa 30:15, must be our attitude, not the pretentious belief of a removal from the earth to avoid any perceived difficulties. In John 17:15 Jesus asks for protection, not removal and in John 3:13 No one will go to heaven, only He who came from it.

2 Peter 2:1-3 In the past, there were false prophets among the people, just as now you will have false teachers. They will promote their theories and speculations, twisting Scripture to suit their fanciful notions. Many will follow their sheer fabrications and credulous people will make them rich and famous, but judgement waits for them: a long prepared destruction will fall upon their heads.
Jeremiah 23:16-17 The Lord says: Do not listen to your false prophets, who give you false hope and voice their own fancies, it is not the Lord’s Words they speak. They say: ‘prosperity will be yours’ and to all who follow their devious beliefs: ‘No harm will befall you’.
Isaiah 29:9-12 The Lord says: I will place My spirit of mis-understanding upon all those who are ‘drunk, but not with wine’ [that is: who allow themselves to be fooled by false teachings], so it becomes impossible for them to see the truth. Isaiah 8:16

3/ Preterism and non-literal interpretation:

To think that all prophecies have been fulfilled or they are just metaphors and allegories, is a serious error that leaves those who believe that way, without proper knowledge or understanding about the end times.

2 Peter 1:19 We confirm the message of the prophets, to which you will do well to study; it will enlighten your minds, like a lamp shining into a dark place.

4/Denial or straight out refusal to try to comprehend the prophesies:

Ezekiel 33:31-33 My people will listen to the prophets, but they will not take any action. Fine Words, they will say but with insincerity, for their hearts are set on selfish gain. When disaster strikes, as it will, then they will know the truth of prophecy.
Isaiah 48:3-6 Long ago, I announced what will happen, but because of your stubbornness and your refusal to accept instruction, you think everything can be explained by chance or by natural occurrence. You read the Word, consider it well and admit the truth of it.
Hosea 9:7 The Day of punishment and vengeance comes and all Israel will know it. Their prophets are fools and their wise leaders are like madmen, because they are all deep in enmity with God and He will remember their guilt.

Revelation 22:7b…Happy is the person who takes to heart the Words of prophecy in this Book.

Reference: Revised English Bible. Some verses abridged and paraphrased.

Reactions: Luke17:37
Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Daniel 12:1-3 also refers to this Day, along with over 100 other prophesies that describe the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath in great detail. It will be the Sixth Seal event, commencing all the prophesied end times events. As the Seventh Seal shows, there will be about 20 years from then until Jesus Returns. [One day to God in heaven = 1000 years earth time. Therefore a half hour, 1/48th of a day in heaven is the same as 1/48th of 1000 years on earth = 20.8 years.]

Interesting. I think seven actual years (Daniel 9:27), but the second half (~ 3.5 years) is the most intense (and when the mark of the beast is enforced). I don't think the "day is like a thousand years" can apply to Revelation any more than it can apply to Genesis 1.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no 7 year tribulation period in the Bible.

It can only be produced by a corruption of Daniel 9:27, or by adding together two of the references to the 42 month "Great Tribulation".

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. I think seven actual years (Daniel 9:27), but the second half (~ 3.5 years) is the most intense (and when the mark of the beast is enforced). I don't think the "day is like a thousand years" can apply to Revelation any more than it can apply to Genesis 1.
What I promote is the many prophesies about a literal Day when the Lord will reset our civilization, in a similar fashion to what happened in Noah's time, this time by fire. The GT will happen during the last 3.5 years before the Return.

Re the Seventh Seal. There are a lot of wild imaginings about Revelation 8:1.
But the verse reads plainly: there will be about a half hour of silence in heaven, soon after the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster. There are two witnesses to the fact of one day to God in heaven is the same period as 1000 years on earth. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8 20 years IS about what is required for all that is prophesied to happen before the Return of Jesus.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 35:1-5 Look toward all the lands of the Edomites and pronounce judgement upon them. The Lord says: I shall stretch out My hand to strike your land, I will reduce it to a desolate waste and your towns will be ruined. Then you will know that I am the Lord, for you have kept up an ancient feud and shed the blood of the Israelites by warfare, during the time of their punishment.

Ezekiel 35:6-9 Therefore as I live, says the Lord: I shall make blood your destiny, since you do not hate killing and death, that will come upon you. Your land and cities will become desolate wastes forever and no one will travel there. I will cover the hills and valleys with the dead, your towns will not be inhabited.

Ezekiel 35:10-14 You say: the two nations and two countries [The ten tribes of Israel and the two tribes of Judah] will be our possession, even though the Lord has been there. Therefore your anger and jealousy will be repaid, for I will do to the whole of Edom what you have done in your hatred for My people. I shall be known among you - for the way I judge you, you will know that the Lord has punished you. [by the means of a CME sunstrike] I have heard all your blasphemous talk about the Land of Israel, saying: the Land is ours to occupy. You have boasted and spoken against Me without restraint. Sonow I will destroy you., while the whole world rejoices, As you rejoiced at the inheritance of the House of Israel, when it was desolated, so I will do to you, all your lands will be devastated. Reference: REB, NIV, KJV. Some verse abridged

The Edomites can be identified as those nations and entities - that hate My people and have kept up their ancient feud with the Israelites, - that currently occupy a large portion of the area promised to the Patriarchs and who now threaten the State of Israel with annihilation. Psalm 83:13-15, describes how the Lord Himself will deal to them, as they commence their attack on Israel. Isaiah 30:26, Psalm 7:12-16, Isaiah 8:9-10, Obadiah 1:15, Micah 4:11-12

Psalm 83:12 informs us that the goal of this alliance is total possession of all the Land of Israel. This is exactly as the Charters of Hamas and Fatah state; they are not interested in a two State solution, all the Jews must either leave or be killed.

Many people believe that the next prophesied event in our world will be the Gog/ Magog invasion. Others say it’s the tribulation – preceded by a rapture of the church. Some think the Return of Jesus will be next. That it will be none of these is told to us in the Book of the prophet Ezekiel, chapters 34, 36, 37, 38 & 39 they all speak about the Israelites being gathered out of the nations and settled back into the Holy Land of Israel. Those chapters are written in a fairly obvious sequence of events. Ezekiel 34:12-13 ‘I will rescue My people from where they were scattered in the Day of cloud and darkness, I will lead them out of the nations and bring them home to their own country’. Amos 5:18, Isaiah 13:9-10

Then comes Ezekiel 35, where it is explained how this gathering and resettlement can take place.

In conclusion, this attack by the peoples surrounding Israel will result in their destruction, but the Bible prophecies also say that Judah too, will be judged at this time and ‘only a holy remnant will survive’. The Land is not polluted by radiation and as the CME quickly passes, the vegetation soon regenerates.[Psalm 68:9] Ezekiel 36:8 You, Land of Israel, grow your trees and bear fruit, for the homecoming of My people is near. This opens the way for all the twelve tribes of Israel to return to their heritage. Later will come the invasion by Gog/Magog – a different list of peoples and nations. They attack the Israelites ‘gathered from the nations and living in a land recently recovered from ruin’. Ezekiel 38:8 Their total destruction is ‘to show Myself Holy and make Myself known to many peoples’. Ezekiel 38:23 The rest of the prophecies will then unfold – the rise of the Anti Christ, the Tribulation and then, the culmination of the age: the Return of Jesus for His 1000 year reign.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 94:1-7 God of vengeance, Lord, rise and judge the earth! Repay the arrogant as they deserve! Lord, how long will the ungodly peoples continue? Evildoers are full of boasting and they oppress Your chosen peoples. They damage Your Holy Land and commit murder against the righteous, saying: their God does not see, He pays no heed. Nahum 1:2
Psalms 94:8-11 Take heed yourselves, most stupid of people, you fools, can you not understand that He who fashioned the ear can hear and the eye can see? Does He who instructs the nations not correct them? The Teacher of mankind has all knowledge and he knows the thoughts of everyone, He knows they how futile they are.

Psalms 94:12-15 Happy are the ones whom You discipline, Lord, and instruct in Your Laws. You grant them relief from days of trouble, until a pit is dug for the ungodly. The Lord will not abandon His people, or forsake His chosen nation, for justice will again be joined to righteousness and all who are upright in heart will follow it.
Psalms 94:16-19 Who will rise up for Me against the ungodly and take a stand against the evildoers? If You, Lord, had not been my helper, I would have died, when I made mistakes, You helped and supported me. When anxious thoughts filled my heart, Your comfort brought me joy.
Psalms 94:20-23 Can corrupt justice be allied with You? Those who conspire mischief under the cover of the law, try to condemn the innocent, but You, my God, are my Rock and refuge. The Lord will repay them for their sins and destroy then for their wickedness. The Lord, our God will judge them and take vengeance for their misdeeds.

Psalms 97:1-9 The Lord reigns, righteousness and justice are His foundation. The heavens proclaim Him and all peoples can see His glory. Cloud and thick darkness enfold Him, fire goes ahead of Him and consumes His enemies on every side. His lightning flash lights up the world, the earth sees and trembles. Mountains melt like wax at His approach, Zion hears and all her cities are happy at Your judgements. Let the earth be glad, those in the coasts and islands rejoice! He is in control, may all who worship false idols be put to shame, for You, our God, are far above all other gods.
Psalms 97:10-12 The Lord loves those who hate evil, He keeps His loyal servants safe and delivers them from the power of the wicked. A harvest of light comes upon the righteous and joy to the upright in heart. You that are righteous, rejoice in the Lord and praise His Holy Name. Reference: REB,NIV. Some verses condensed.

The Lord will rise and judge the earth’, in His great and terrible Day of vengeance and wrath. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Revelation 6:12-17 This will be a worldwide event, of fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis instigated by the Lord - quite different and years before the battle at Armageddon, where a visible Jesus destroys the army of the Anti- Christ. What is described above, is the Lord’s punishment on the enemy nations – ‘they fall into a pit of their own making’. Psalms 7:15-16 The Lord is not seen at this time, therefore it must be before His Return in glory. Psalms 18:7-15, Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 66:15-16
The Holy Land is happy at His judgements’. All the godless peoples are gone, but ‘His loyal servants are kept safe, they will rejoice and praise Him’, as they go and live in all the Holy Land, the new nation of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5, Jeremiah 31:1-40

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 68:1-35 Let the Lord arise, let His enemies be scattered. Let those who hate Him be gone! Let the Lord’s enemies perish in His fiery judgement1, like wax before a fire and as smoke is dispersed.

Lord: summon Your strength, use it now as You did for Your people long ago. Rebuke those wild beasts, those proud and arrogant sinners; all those who love violence and war2. All power and strength belongs to the Lord, enthroned on high. Cleanse now Your holy Land and give strength to Your people, we pray.

The Lord says: I shall bring My enemies together into the place of slaughter, from wherever they are. I will smite them there, their blood will flow out so that you can bathe your feet in it and your dogs will lick it up.

When the Lord speaks out in mighty thunder1, kings and their armies will flee in terror. When the Almighty scatters those evil peoples and clears the holy Land, snow will fall on Mt Zalman3.

We sing the praises of our Saviour and Redeemer. He who rides on the clouds, He is our Father and the defender of His righteous people, but those who refuse to acknowledge Him will remain in the desert4.

When the Lord saves His people, there will be thousands of vehicles for them5, as He leads them to safety through the barren desert. The earth will tremble and rain will pour down to replenish the holy Land6. There Your people will settle, for in Your goodness Lord, You provide for the poor and needy.

The procession of all Israel comes into view; into the Holy city. First the singers, then the musicians. The little tribe of Benjamin will lead, with Judah, Zebulon and Naphtali following, marching on their way the Zion’s holy mountain: on to the Temple in Jerusalem. Kings will bring gifts and envoys will come from far off nations to honour and praise Israel’s God. His Majesty and blessing is over the holy Land , the Lord throned in heaven will give strength to His people7.
Praise be to God! Ref: REB, CJB. Psalms 68 in a chronological order. Abridged and paraphrased.

Scripture references:
1/The Lord’s judgement by fire; a massive CME sunstrike: Isa. 30:25-28, Malachi 4:1, Isaiah 66:15-16, Revelation 6:12-17, 2 Peter 3:10
2/ Those peoples who love war and death: Ezekiel 35:5-6, Proverbs 1:16
3/ Mt Zalman – near Shechem. [Nablus] This detail informs us that the Day of the Lord will happen during a Northern winter. Judges 9:48, Matthew 24:20
4/ All of the Lord’s people are gathered, then ‘passed under the rod of judgement’. Ezekiel 20:35-38…’those who revolt and rebel will not enter the Land’. Deuteronomy 32:36
5/ The Lord will provide transport! Isaiah 66:20, Psalms 107:1-32, Isaiah 60:1-9
6/ All of the holy Land will be regenerated and become fertile: Ezekiel 36:8-11, Isaiah 35:1-2, Isaiah 66:12, Joel 2:21-26, Amos 9:13-15
7/ Strength and comfort to His people: Isaiah 40:29-31, Jeremiah 31:21-26, Zechariah 10:12 Note that the Lord remains ‘throned in heaven’. The glorious Return comes later. The Lord's righteous people, from every tribe, [of Israel] every nation, [of the world] every language, [ethnic group] will gather in Jerusalem. Revelation chapter7. THEY will build the Temple, Zechariah 6:15. THEY will elect leaders, Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11. THEY will greet Jesus after all that is prophesied takes place, with the shout: Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord!

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There are a great many prophecies sated in general terms, which a true Christian could legitimately believe have already been fulfilled. There are other prophecies, such as Daniel 11:5-35, which are very specific and have unquestionably already been fulfilled. But there are also a very large number of prophecies that are very specific and have unquestionably not been fulfilled. These are the prophecies which unquestionably refer to a time that is still in our own future.

One of these is Ezekiel 20, where we read:

33 "As I live," says the Lord GOD, "surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. 34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. 35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. 36 Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you," says the Lord GOD. 37 "I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; 38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD. Ezekiel 20:33-38

Another is Ezekiel 36, where we read:

Eze 36:1 "And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, 'O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD! 2 Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because the enemy has said of you, 'Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,' " ' 3 therefore prophesy, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because they made you desolate and swallowed you up on every side, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you are taken up by the lips of talkers and slandered by the people"-- 4 therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD! Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around-- 5 therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave My land to themselves as a possession, with whole-hearted joy and spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country." ' 6 Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations." 7 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame. 8 "But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel, for they are about to come. 9 For indeed I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. 10 I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. 11 I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the LORD. 12 Yes, I will cause men to walk on you, My people Israel; they shall take possession of you, and you shall be their inheritance; no more shall you bereave them of children." Ezekiel 36:1-12

Yet a third is Micah 5, where we read:

5 When the Assyrian comes into our land, And when he treads in our palaces, Then we will raise against him Seven shepherds and eight princely men. 6 They shall waste with the sword the land of Assyria, And the land of Nimrod at its entrances; Thus He shall deliver us from the Assyrian, When he comes into our land And when he treads within our borders. 7 Then the remnant of Jacob Shall be in the midst of many peoples, Like dew from the LORD, Like showers on the grass, That tarry for no man Nor wait for the sons of men. Micah 5:5-7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But there are also a very large number of prophecies that are very specific and have unquestionably not been fulfilled. These are the prophecies which unquestionably refer to a time that is still in our own future.

One of these is Ezekiel 20, where we read:

There are also "preparatory" (warning) and "consummate" (final) stages of fulfillment in prophecy. Not always, but apparent in some cases. These stages of fulfillment may also be separated by years, decades (generations), hundreds of years, or even thousands of years depending on the particular prophecy. Ezekiel 36:1 is a good example. The modern day nation of Israel has been "restored", the ruined cities rebuilt, the ground tilled, but modern day Israel remains to be "redeemed" and "purified" by the coming Great and Terrible Day of the Lord. Obviously, this part of the restoration of Israel remains to be fulfilled.

People sometimes look at the "preparatory" fulfillment of a prophecy, and confuse it with the "consummation" of a prophecy. Until a prophecy has been completely fulfilled, it remains in only a "preparatory" stage of fulfillment.

"Behold, your house is left desolate" (Matthew 23:38). "Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another, every one will be thrown down" (Matthew 24:2).

This prophecy is a prime example of "preparatory" and "consummate" fulfillment. The Second temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. just as Jesus prophesied. However, today the Western Wall (Wailing Wall) of the Temple still remains standing. Please. Before arguing the Wailing Wall is not part of the Temple itself, but a wall surrounding the Temple Mount, google it on Wikipedia.

There you will read on a half a dozen informational websites, The Western Wall is regarded by the Jews to be the last "holy remnant" of the temple, (Not my words, theirs). You'll also read ultra-orthodox Jews use the continued existance of the Western Wall as physical proof Jesus prophesied falsely and was not the Messiah.

Interesting enough. We read in Ezekiel 38:18-20 that an earthquake will occur in Israel and Jerusalem at the Time of the End, and; "every wall will fall to the ground". Obviously, this prophecy includes the "Wailing Wall" as well, (The consummate stage of fulfillment of Matthew 24:2).

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Biblewriter. Those prophesies await fulfilment.
That a righteous people will soon inhabit all of the holy Land, is well prophesied in the Bible. Those people are referred to as My people: Israel, or My chosen ones, who as we know from the NT as all true believers in God and Jesus.
I note from other threads that you promote a rapture removal to heaven. This theory is refuted by all the prophesies saying how all true Christians from every tribe, race, nation and language will go to live in all of the holy Land, where they will prepare themselves and the world for the Return of Jesus. Revelation 5:9-10

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Biblewriter. Those prophesies await fulfilment.
That a righteous people will soon inhabit all of the holy Land, is well prophesied in the Bible. Those people are referred to as My people: Israel, or My chosen ones, who as we know from the NT as all true believers in God and Jesus.
I note from other threads that you promote a rapture removal to heaven. This theory is refuted by all the prophesies saying how all true Christians from every tribe, race, nation and language will go to live in all of the holy Land, where they will prepare themselves and the world for the Return of Jesus. Revelation 5:9-10

There will be a rapture for the church the firstborn of Jesus to live in new Jerusalem

But in the last days many saints of all nations will be killed after the spirit is poured out upon many..Revelation 5:9-10 refer to the many tribulation saints .. They are all martyrs ... They will live again and come down from heaven to rule over their oppressors ...

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 5:9-10 isn't about the martyred saints, it says how Jesus paid for a people by His blood, made then to be a royal House of priests for God and they shall reign on earth. Yes, some may be martyred.
It is obvious they are true believing Christians from every tribe [of Israel] other race, nation and language.
Nowhere does it say they ever go to heaven. You made that up.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 5:9-10 isn't about the martyred saints, it says how Jesus paid for a people by His blood, made then to be a royal House of priests for God and they shall reign on earth. Yes, some may be martyred.
It is obvious they are true believing Christians from every tribe [of Israel] other race, nation and language.
Nowhere does it say they ever go to heaven. You made that up.

It's not made up Keras you first see the souls of them under the alter in heaven ...They are all martyrs asking for vengeance upon those in the earth Revelation 6:9-11 ..they all were slain for the word of God and the testimony they had ... They are told to rest till their fellowservants will be slain for the same reason as they were

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.