Promise me, that if Evolution doesn't work out, you will come back to considering "Creation"?

If what you theorize fails, what do you turn to next...?

• Patience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hope

• God

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Creation

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Popper's deduction

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Freud's sensationalism

• Darwin's Evolution

• Compromise

• Many universes

• Other

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ill stick with what I know. God created. Men's theories come and go. As it has always been, It will forever be.

...and man has also come up with countless versions of God over its history that have come and gone. Thankfully you were raised with and taught the REAL one!

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say that.

I'm saying would you start to "hope"?

Not at all, because if evolution was found to be wrong, that doesn't automatically mean that I'd believe in creation by God, unless you can outright and uncategorically show that to be the case.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you find the Separation clause to be "ugly"?
It's poorly written then. If atheists and collegians can use it to demand cease-and-desist orders against the likes of Judge Moore, then that clause needs a facelift.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It's poorly written then. If atheists and collegians can use it to demand cease-and-desist orders against the likes of Judge Moore, then that clause needs a facelift.
How do you know it wasn't Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Daoists, Shinto, Confucianists, Pagans, Wiccans, etc. who were demanding that HIS particular scripture be taken out of the government building? After all, the display of the scripture of a particular religion, and ONLY that religion, is slap in their collective faces as well.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

How do you know it wasn't Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Daoists, Shinto, Confucianists, Pagans, Wiccans, etc. who were demanding that HIS particular scripture be taken out of the government building?
True ... true.

Two groups of people fighting against the same [enemy].

Luke 23:12 And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Because I believe in a creator? That's not either here or there for a Buddhist.
It's not the Creator part. I know a number of Christian/Buddhist. That's not what I'm meaning. What I'm looking at has more to do with your dualism thinking.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not the Creator part. I know a number of Christian/Buddhist. That's not what I'm meaning. What I'm looking at has more to do with your dualism thinking.
I'm not one to believe in two opposite concepts at the same time if that is what you mean.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Judge Moore? Hopefully not Judge Roy “Loves the little children” Moore?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,268.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
But there are reasons [why not all posters in the thread have voted], and I think I know the number one one.
The most probable reason is that the poll is so poorly constructed, being ambiguous, restricted in choice, strongly biased and generally inept, that many members simply ignore it.

No it isn't [silly].
Yes it is. See above.

Note: italicised words in square brackets are added by me to clarify what AV's posts were responding to.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If a scientific theory is debunked / disproven.
You take the existing evidence & new evidence that disproved the old theory and come up with a new explanation that fits all Evidence.

It's happened before & will probably happen again.
Superseded theories in science - Wikipedia

Upvote 0