Promise me, that if Evolution doesn't work out, you will come back to considering "Creation"?

If what you theorize fails, what do you turn to next...?

• Patience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hope

• God

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Creation

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Popper's deduction

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Freud's sensationalism

• Darwin's Evolution

• Compromise

• Many universes

• Other

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So just a thought for what our priorities, are, here. You have decided one way or the other, to give Evolution a try... you have decided that the weight of evidence favours species that change over time, one can only assume in a way that is deistic, if it is to prove better than the selection pressures that shape it. But I put it to you, that you do not know everything.

What if it turns out that you have less life in Evolution, than you have thought? Have you considered what you will do, once the life of what you have turned to in Evolution, has proven finite, beatable? I want to be clear, I am not going to rubbish you, for having attempted to believe "Evolution" - the motive behind this, is just to remind you, that there is an alternative?

The point is, Creation will still be here - at the end. There will always be a way to incorporate Evolutional ideas, into a paradigm that glorifies the Creator; even without the Creator, the idea that certain things are irreducibly complex, has a high competitive value and there are other ideas like it. It is possible that you could come to understand yourself and your place in the cosmos, with concepts that lend themselves to intelligent design, that there is a freedom to voice praise for all that we come to be, that we be thankful to those that share it with us.

I am not trying to prove God, I am trying to say, the elements of Creation that we all enjoy, can be enjoyed with no strings attached - Evolution promises the same, but gets mired in clamouring for the top position, as if beating all takers is the best form of promise. Don't get sucked in by that. But don't rush to Creation, either - if what I said was true, there would be no reason, to switch operandi, until it had been understood. Creation is something you can understand.

So when it turns out that you are surrounded by Evolutionists, who are all ready to burn you, for stepping outside the realm of what they call "known", just remember, we - the Creationists - will be here, to see what you can do, with what was given (with what was given, when what was created was given (as Creation)). Don't be afraid. That is what our Lord Master and Friend, said to us, that we lay hold of the prize.

I will confess, that there are aspects of Evolution that I find useful, myself. I am - knowing my welcome in Jesus - willing to take on concepts that do not immediately fit in the Creationist mould, not that I betray my faith, but that I expand it, to understand that what we want most from that which we believe in, is a way to be close with each other, in the praise we have, for all that we are capable of.

It's not a hard choice, to hold out hope - I do it, you ought to do it, we all ought to at least spare a memory, of struggling with that choice.

Reactions: AV1611VET

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not a hard choice, to hold out hope - I do it, you ought to do it, we all ought to at least spare a memory, of struggling with that choice.
I'm praying for them! :)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What if it turns out that you have less life in Evolution, than you have thought? Have you considered what you will do, once the life of what you have turned to in Evolution, has proven finite, beatable? I want to be clear, I am not going to rubbish you, for having attempted to believe "Evolution" - the motive behind this, is just to remind you, that there is an alternative?
I voted CREATION.

If I believe in evolution, and evolution is proven wrong (or "finite and beatable," as you put it), then I see only creation as a viable alternative.

Even if I was a theistic evolutionist, if evolution was proven wrong, then I would have to drop the "evolutionist" off my name, leaving "theistic," and thus creation.

So either way, CREATION for the win.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I voted CREATION.
I like that! It give away that creationism vs evolution is not religious but political. It is political in the sense that it is a driver of the cultural wars.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like that! It give away that creationism vs evolution is not religious but political. It is political in the sense that it is a driver of the cultural wars.
Whatever the agenda is, if evolution fails, creation is there to take its place.

• Winner
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,110.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So just a thought for what our priorities, are, here. You have decided one way or the other, to give Evolution a try... you have decided that the weight of evidence favours species that change over time, one can only assume in a way that is deistic, if it is to prove better than the selection pressures that shape it. But I put it to you, that you do not know everything.

The point is, Creation will still be here - at the end. There will always be a way to incorporate Evolutional ideas, into a paradigm that glorifies the Creator; even without the Creator, the idea that certain things are irreducibly complex, has a high competitive value and there are other ideas like it. It is possible that you could come to understand yourself and your place in the cosmos, with concepts that lend themselves to intelligent design, that there is a freedom to voice praise for all that we come to be, that we be thankful to those that share it with us.

I am not trying to prove God, I am trying to say, the elements of Creation that we all enjoy, can be enjoyed with no strings attached - Evolution promises the same, but gets mired in clamouring for the top position, as if beating all takers is the best form of promise. Don't get sucked in by that. But don't rush to Creation, either - if what I said was true, there would be no reason, to switch operandi, until it had been understood. Creation is something you can understand.

So when it turns out that you are surrounded by Evolutionists, who are all ready to burn you, for stepping outside the realm of what they call "known", just remember, we - the Creationists - will be here, to see what you can do, with what was given (with what was given, when what was created was given (as Creation)). Don't be afraid. That is what our Lord Master and Friend, said to us, that we lay hold of the prize.

I will confess, that there are aspects of Evolution that I find useful, myself. I am - knowing my welcome in Jesus - willing to take on concepts that do not immediately fit in the Creationist mould, not that I betray my faith, but that I expand it, to understand that what we want most from that which we believe in, is a way to be close with each other, in the praise we have, for all that we are capable of.

I feel like a gold digger who has to go through tons of mud before finding a nugget of gold.For that's the ratio of mud to gold a gold digger needs to go through.

After 10.043 nonsensical posts you have written a quite accurate description of the evolutionist's position. 1 good sentence in 10.043 posts.
Congratulations.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whatever the agenda is, if evolution fails, creation is there to take its place.
Evolution is a scientific theory which can be replaced with a theory with a scientific theory that better fits the evidence and makes better predictions. Creationism can also be replaced with a different belief. There is a theory that as the west declines into a new dark age that there will be a second religiousness that correlates with the decline.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,110.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The agenda is to give an accurate and evidence based explanation of the physical world. "Creationism" has failed since long on both counts, accuracy and evidence based. So no thanks. Were the ToE to fail, scientists will be looking for a third option.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The agenda is to give an accurate and evidence based explanation of the physical world. "Creationism" has failed since long on both counts, accuracy and evidence based. So no thanks. Were the ToE to fail, scientists will be looking for a third option.
With deference to the OP, shouldn't we be assuming evolution has been falsified and posting accordingly?

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With deference to the OP, shouldn't we be assuming evolution has been falsified and posting accordingly?
Why would we assume something that we absolutely know has not been falsified?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree.
It's the Turtle Island version of Creation that will take it's place.

turtle.jpg

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I totally agree.
It's the Turtle Island version of Creation that will take it's place.
Was that you that voted OTHER?

If not, what's keeping you from voting?

Are you afraid CREATION will win the votes?

Upvote 0