Not open for further replies.

Laserman

Feb 15, 2004
Florida
✟342.00
Faith
Christian
Hi All,

Has anyone heard of "Progressive Dispensationalism"? It's a movement that started within Dallas Theological Seminary 10 years ago or so. It's a combination of dispensationalism and covenant theology. I have two books on the subject but have not cracked them yet. It's deep theological stuff that would take alot of reading and meditation to grasp. There are some Websites about it. Actually, it's an interesting view with many good ideas that answer alot of Questions that I have for both the Dispy and Amill camp. Check it out.

Barry :wave:

Laserman

Feb 15, 2004
Florida
✟342.00
Faith
Christian
Knee-V,

Most progressives are Premill- mid trib. Not sure why yet. Progressives take a mediating position between Covenant theology and Classical dispensationalism in that the Kingdom and the New Covenant is inaugurated now for the church and spreading, but at the same time the church does not totally replace Israel in the eyes of God and all the land promises to Israel in the Old testament will occur in the future when Israel Joins the Church in the new Covenant by belief and accetptance of Christ. As of yet, I see no reason why the rapture-trib and 1000 year Kingdom can't be just as dispensational theology teaches even without the usual radical seperation of Isreal and the church. I'm reading one of those books now, but it's tough-slow-doctrinal reading that wears on you as you try to digest it all.

Barry :bow:

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Rather than dispensationlism I believe a slighly radical form of covenant theology whereby God systematically removes each of the peoples of His covenants in the reverse order in which He created them (the Church being the last becomes the first to be taken)
Do any others here believe like this?

blessing
Tas

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.