Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JustSomeBloke: Left wingers at the Capitol = Protest
Right wingers at the Capitol = Insurrection

JS: Left Wing Black protestors, Throw tear gas and shoot directly at bodies with pellet guns, breaking bones and killing many then complain when people riot. Right wing, come and leave early only to find out some of your group showed up armed, carried two pipe bombs and have multaf cocktails and cops will be slow to show up, and gently pushed you out of areas where you did destruction of property (and thief) and trespassed, and stand silently by at least till one of your own is bludgeoned!

Locally a group of conservatives are still stunned, embarrassed and greatly sadden by what happen, not the treatment of these terrorist, but what conservatives are being tainted by. Some have even gone so far to call them antifa not realizing that term means anti-fascism and what happened at the capital was pro fascism.

JustSomeBloke: People have highly selective memories. It wasn't so long ago that the far-Left were at the Capitol because they didn't like Kavanaugh.

As said, they did not come armed with gus, pipe bombs, trespassing, destroying property, undermining constitutional law, and bludgeoning a cop! They slandered that poor man but so have republicans slanders democratic nominations. If its political so its kosher (which I believe should be overturned!). If we had cut down on such slander way back then, this trouble likely would never have happen!

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,806.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, yes! I remember when they stormed the building and forced the Vice President and other elected officials to take shelter from the left wing mob that was chanting to hang Pence. Stole and destroyed government property and caused the deaths of 5 people. How could I forget that day that never happened?!
There's historical precedent - the Bowling Green Massacre, for example. Just another example of Trumpers fabricating things which never happened.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,806.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Obviously that one guy spurred the entire mob into action. They never would have broken any laws if not for him. :rolleyes:
If we're blaming it on one guy spurring the entire mob into actions, I don't think the antifa guy is the one who should be concerned.

• Agree
Reactions: adrianmonk
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,806.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh my, comparing a peaceful protest of people yelling, who were promptly removed; to a mob that destroyed public property, killed a cop, set up gallows and attempted to abduct and likely murder lawmakers. That's some delusion going on.
At some point one has to wonder where it becomes "giving aid and comfort to our enemies" territory.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,806.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,806.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I’m fascinated by the fact that with everything that’s happened in the US over the last year this relatively minor incident keeps being dragged up. Does it resonate particularly with the Trump supporters or something?

Maybe it is worrying to some that publicly supporting crazy right-wing policies has consequences. Much more fun when enforcing one's will on the less powerful is all just a game.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Left wingers at the Capitol = Protest

I don't care whether they were left wingers or right wingers or not. I saw a lot of people get riled up at Trump's rally, head to the capitol building, riot, and try to disrupt the counting of the electors. I hope the worst of the lot get caught and heavily punished for that. And since Trump was the one who riled them up and sent them at the capitol, I hope he gets some comeuppance too.

Those who want to defend rioters, by saying that those other guys are just as bad, are part of the problem. I don't care which side they're on, they need a good figurative boot to the head.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
There's historical precedent - the Bowling Green Massacre, for example. Just another example of Trumpers fabricating things which never happened.

And don't forget what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said that Antifa were 'behind the whole thing'. I said that Antifa had infiltrated the Trump rally, or to put it another way, mingled with Trump supporters. The extent to which Antifa were involved in storming the Capitol is not known, however, it is clear that they were present, and sufficiently active as be among those who entered the building. And unfortunately for the radical, far-Left, the evidence was caught on camera.

Watching the events unfold at the nation’s Capitol today, a familiar face was spotted inside the capitol and was also standing next to Ashli Babbitt, the woman who lost her life when she was shot and killed by law enforcement while attempting to enter the interior of the Capitol. Three other individuals lost their lives during the protest that turned into a group storming the Capitol. The only problem is… he is definitely not a “Trump supporter”.

Read more here:
Known Violent BLM/ Antifa Member Caught on Film Inside Capitol

Actually, where is the evidence that Sullivan is Antifa? I keep seeing some Trump supporters act like BLM and Antifa are the same group -- which they clearly aren't.

Now, I'll agree that Sullivan shouldn't have been in the Capitol. In fact, seeing he is currently out on bail awaiting trial, I'm rather surprised that he could leave Utah -- that his bail doesn't prevent him from traveling to other protests. From what I've seen, he should be in prison for actions he's taken when he has rioted.

At the same time, while I know the Police brought him in for questioning, they released him. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain if they had evidence of him causing or instigating any of what happened on Wednesday that they would not have let him go -- not as a known "troublemaker." I have to assume that the police looked at his video, and found it supported his story that he was merely documenting. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'm sure the police would be interested.

But again, as much as I don't support Sullivan and believe he should be in prison, I've seen no evidence that he is Antifa or that he had any role in causing, instigating, or encouraging Trump supporters to "storm" the Capitol.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Left wingers at the Capitol = Protest

People have highly selective memories. It wasn't so long ago that the far-Left were at the Capitol because they didn't like Kavanaugh.

I don't agree with rioting on either side. But I don't recall The Black Live Matter or any liberals protest getting into the capital. Also I don't recall important elect telling people to loot or riot on the left. Of course Trump lied, brained washed and told his supporters to do to this illegal act. Trump should be charges. I do recall a Black Live Matter protest being force to go away from a church. So Trump can do a phony bible op. I recall a lot of looting and riots on the news. And people have been charged. Like they should on both sides.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟557,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My main concern at the moment is trying to decide whether Meal Team 6 or Gravy Seals is the funniest moniker for the Capitol insurrectionists. It's a tough call.
In a bit partial for Ya’ll Qaeda.

Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,194,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private