Pro-Trump protesters storm US Capitol as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If the intent was to stage a coup what stopped them?
Incompetence and lacking the courage of their convictions, witness the pearl clutching over the first person over the barricade being shot down.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
If the intent was to stage a coup what stopped them?

The police and ultimately the national guard stopped them. I'm sure if the mob had gotten their hands on Mike Pence or any of the Democratic leadership, they would hung them. They even built the noose and everything.

DC protests in pictures: Shocking photos of chaos at US Capitol
'Hang Mike Pence': Twitter stops phrase trending after Capitol riot

They had the numbers and the fire power. Maybe that wasn't the intention.

I think the only reason that more people were not killed is directly related to the way the police handled the situation. They shot only *once* when protestors got close to the leadership, and they retreated rather than directly confront the violence.

If BLM had invaded the Capitol building with that level of violence, I *guarantee* you that more people would have been shot and killed. I actually applaud the way the police diffused the situation as much as possible. They saved a lot of lives by not responding violently to the mob.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I'd agree that Trumper claims about supporting law and order was an empty smokescreen to fool the gullible.

That was best exemplified by the fact that Trump claimed to "love" them even *after* the violence started. Wow.

Now we see "Republicans" trying to defend a blatant attempt to overthrow our democracy. They don't give a damn about our nation, just themselves.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the intent was to stage a coup what stopped them? They had the numbers and the fire power. Maybe that wasn't the intention.

Pretty lame attempt at a coup if it has to be labeled that. I mean if you look at places all over the globe that have had attempted and successful coups?

As bad as this action was it wouldn't even compare. I think it's more of people loving to use dramatic language to get their point across, and then those that take it legalistically.

• Agree
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm always truthful, I don't hide anything. Isn't that how we should all be?
What I will say about that statement of yours is that the one thing you are not hiding is your very obvious support for the action of those rioters last Wednesday. Your posts couldn't make that any clearer, and if you deny that then I would have to question the first part of your statement.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
There probably will be more deaths. The more people ratchet up the rhetoric about punishment for Trump supporters the more they will fight back.

So let me get this straight. Trump, or at least some of his supporters commit *violent* crimes, and anyone who points that out, or tries to hold them accountable for their violent actions are 'wrong' for doing so, and therefore their continued violence is justified and predictable? Is that really what you're suggesting? The fact that a "violent criminal" fights their arrest by the police is hardly new or unusual in this case.

There's a lot of violence going on right now.

So what? It's all *illegal*.

I wouldn't just focus on Trump supporters.

They're the ones that stormed the Capitol and attempted to overthrow the Government while chanting "Hang Mike Pence". Your desire to deflect the conversation away from their violence is just sad IMO.

They seem to be the least likely to commit crimes but I'm sure that might change.

False They seem to be the *most* likely individuals to commit more violence in DC since they just did so last week, including killing a police officer who was just trying to defend the Congress and Senate from an angry mob.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Pretty lame attempt at a coup if it has to be labeled that.

The fact it was unsuccessful is irrelevant. Many insurrection attempts go down in flames and Trump has a proven track record of lame attempts at effecting change, including his whole process with China. Why would I be surprised that he failed, or his attempt was "lame".

I mean if you look at places all over the globe that have had attempted and successful coups?

Plenty of failed attempts too.

As bad as this action was it wouldn't even compare.

In terms of it's effectiveness, I'm sure we can find some examples of coup attempts that bit the dust pretty quickly.

I think it's more of people loving to use dramatic language to get their point across, and then those that take it legalistically.

I think Trump and his supporters use misleading language to try to bend truth like a pretzel, starting with Trumps lies about the election being 'stolen'.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
137071958_10217806838576363_3016527896035575432_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Pretty lame attempt at a coup if it has to be labeled that. I mean if you look at places all over the globe that have had attempted and successful coups?

As bad as this action was it wouldn't even compare. I think it's more of people loving to use dramatic language to get their point across, and then those that take it legalistically.
No one has accused Trump supporters of being competent.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Especially considering that in their anger over their votes, they've gone and committed a felony, which, depending on the state they're from, will cost them their right to vote.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Both sides aren't competent.

Let's see...last election. Hillary said it was stolen by Russia. I mean NONE of her supporters brought into that either.

Oops. I mean YES they did.

Both sides have their share of morons, and kool aid drinkers I'm afraid.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Especially considering that in their anger over their votes, they've gone and committed a felony, which, depending on the state they're from, will cost them their right to vote.

Voter Darwinism. :)

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Both sides aren't competent.

Let's see...last election. Hillary said it was stolen by Russia. I mean NONE of her supporters brought into that either.

Oops. I mean YES they did.

Both sides have their share of morons, and kool aid drinkers I'm afraid.
Citation needed. You may be confused. There was Russian interference. And Trump did act like an idiot and indicated that he was open to collusion. But there was no evidence found of collusion itself and I do not know of any on the left that claimed that Trump stole the election.

This election we not only had those on the right making foolish claims. They would not accept the results when they were constantly shown to be wrong. And then some of the more militant of them tried to stage a coup.

Now when did anyone on the left come anywhere close to that? What you are trying to do is to build a false equivalence. It is on the order of comparing someone that accidentally killed a hamster to a murderer. They are not the same thing. At all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you searched out the truth of blm being founded by self proclaimed witches? That say their name is meant to call upon spirits. I'm glad you don't take anyone's word but I'm hoping you searched out the truth not just ignoring it.
No, I don't bother searching for things that don't matter and are outlandish to begin with. It's a silly thought that the name "black lives matter" conjures spirits. I don't fall for silly ideas like that.

Have you searched about the Founding Fathers of America being self proclaimed occultists? Are you still supporting America??

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would also suggest looking into the term sedition.
Take your suggestion yourself; I already know what the word means. Please do look into the definition and then hold up your opinions and words and actions to the meaning of the word.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Take your suggestion yourself; I already know what the word means. Please do look into the definition and then hold up your opinions and words and actions to the meaning of the word.

I don't believe the intent was to overthrow the government. If it was why did they stop? I think it was just a bunch of ticked off people acting out. There is nothing I've heard that says otherwise. Granted I have only talked to two people who made it in not all of them.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Definition of sedition: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

such as congress and duly certified election results.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe the intent was to overthrow the government. If it was why did they stop? I think it was just a bunch of ticked off people acting out. There is nothing I've heard that says otherwise. Granted I have only talked to two people who made it in not all of them.
The intent was to stop the count and to keep Trump in office. It was clear several of them were ready to hold Senators prisoner. People were chanting "hang Pence."

How do you think this would have gone down if they got into the Senate chambers and got hold of Senators and/or Pence? Or the House Speaker?

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0