Pro-Trump protesters storm US Capitol as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
US Capitol: Pro-Trump protesters storm the building as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes - CNNPolitics

It would appear that the US Capitol has been breached and pro-Trump protestors are attacking police.

Vice President Mike Pence was also evacuated from Capitol.

Video from inside the Capitol showed Trump supporters marching through Statuary Hall. The US Capitol Police is asking for additional law enforcement for assistance, including federal authorities, per a source familiar.

The source says there are several suspicious devices outside the Capitol building.
The Capitol police officer in the House chamber told lawmakers that they may need to duck under their chairs and informed lawmakers that protesters were in the building's Rotunda.

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Party of law and order, folks.

This is the movement that the Republican party has cultivated for years. All of this is intentional and exactly what the Republican party hopes for.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Aren't these all the same people making the claims that "Blue Lives Matter"? They certainly have a strange way of demonstrating that claim.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...and the last shoe has fallen (in the saga of "everyone who doesn't show me blind loyalty is a traitor")

upload_2021-1-6_15-11-21.png

So he's turned on his own VP...

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
What a shameful day for America. I hope you supporters of this menace are proud of what he’s done to the place and to our people. The blood is on your hands.

I suspect they'll continue to staunchly defend him and find somewhere else to pass the blame.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Aren't these all the same people making the claims that "Blue Lives Matter"? They certainly have a strange way of demonstrating that claim.

...they've exposed themselves quite a bit by doing that.

It should now be painfully obvious (to anyone who didn't already realize it) that "Blue Lives Matter" was purely about trying to agitate people on the left, and wasn't out of any sort of sincere respect for law enforcement or law & order.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
...and the last shoe has fallen (in the saga of "everyone who doesn't show me blind loyalty is a traitor")

View attachment 292796

So he's turned on his own VP...

Oh I'm sure there are plenty more shoes left to fall. Just when we think he's on his last one, he manages to find another. :)

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have to say, I was watching the speech that he gave. The crowd gathered there for at least an hour before he spoke. They had some warm-up music playing before he came on stage including "Macho-Man", Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" and others.

I think some one snuck one other song in there though. I had to laugh. It played right before he got on stage.

The song was Gloria.

It was perfect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's very sad to see this; I voted for Trump because I wanted to save the unborn. I knew he would have a temper tantrum, but this is going on too far. His 'condemnation' of violence is a little too little, too late when he just had a massive rally riling up his supporters. As Trump would often tweet: Very Sad.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh I'm sure there are plenty more shoes left to fall. Just when we think he's on his last one, he manages to find another. :)

"Barron, you didn't do enough to convince your classmates to get their parents to vote for me! You're out of the will!"

Reactions: Suomipoika
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,143.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
A question that will need to be asked and answered is, why was the security so grossly inadequate as to allow the invasion of the Capitol to take place? Incompetence? Or sometjhing more sinister.*

*Heh. Trump's driven me into the arms of conspiracy theorists. How about that?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
US Capitol: Pro-Trump protesters storm the building as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes - CNNPolitics

It would appear that the US Capitol has been breached and pro-Trump protestors are attacking police.

Vice President Mike Pence was also evacuated from Capitol.

Video from inside the Capitol showed Trump supporters marching through Statuary Hall. The US Capitol Police is asking for additional law enforcement for assistance, including federal authorities, per a source familiar.

The source says there are several suspicious devices outside the Capitol building.
The Capitol police officer in the House chamber told lawmakers that they may need to duck under their chairs and informed lawmakers that protesters were in the building's Rotunda.
These criminals need to be shown the full extent of the law for their treacherous attempts to over throw a fully elected administration.

Has America become a tin pot banana republic where mob rule is the only law?

Is this the end of the democratic experiment that is the USA?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh I'm sure there are plenty more shoes left to fall

Right after my previous post, this popped up on the timeline feed.

upload_2021-1-6_15-43-31.png

We'll see if any of these 3 end up on "Trump's list of supposed traitors" that he just added Mike Pence to earlier today.

upload_2021-1-6_15-45-54.png

Upvote 0