Not open for further replies.

tannicv2

Mar 14, 2012
✟493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, to be treated with respect at CHRISTIAN Forums is the desired outcome.

And if some people can't do that, then Christian Forums has rules in place to ban people.

No, nothing can be done about another website.

But something can be done about what gets posted, and who posts, on this one.

Hmmm... can't be one sided... BOTH sides have to agree. And one can't quote a rule broken unless they follow it.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Um, to be treated with respect at CHRISTIAN Forums is the desired outcome.

And if some people can't do that, then Christian Forums has rules in place to ban people.

No, nothing can be done about another website.

But something can be done about what gets posted, and who posts, on this one.

I don't disagree with that. But since the topic is what is posted at another website, I have a hard time understanding what anyone expects CF to do about it. They can only enforce what is posted here, and that's not the topic at hand.

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't disagree with that. But since the topic is what is posted at another website, I have a hard time understanding what anyone expects CF to do about it. They can only enforce what is posted here, and that's not the topic at hand.

No, but we can let others be away of it. Women and men both. We can let everyone know that they are being quoted in a not so nice way in another forum and then laughed and talked about without our knowledge. And we can let the men know that certain other men have one target in mind; to brain wash them into thinking the same way they do.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Well, I don't have any idea what is or is not getting talked about in the men's only sections.

So, maybe I'm overreacting.

But I do see that quote from conservativation (or whatever) about how he intentionally uses that forum to try to convert men to his way of thinking.

And linkbacks at the other site mean that site is getting linked to HERE.

So, 1 + 1 = 2. And we come right down to the conclusion that it's likely some people are engaging in that kind of posting and behavior HERE.

Furthermore, the defensiveness and finger pointing by some in response to the 'outing' of this vileness speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tannicv2

Mar 14, 2012
✟493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, but we can let others be away of it. Women and men both. We can let everyone know that they are being quoted in a not so nice way in another forum and then laughed and talked about without our knowledge. And we can let the men know that certain other men have one target in mind; to brain wash them into thinking the same way they do.

Can't really control that. Depends on the person and how they feel. Can't stop someone from posting from another site; especially their frustrations.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
(sighs)

Both sides meaning both men and women have to held accountable for their actions.

Oh, okay. Sure.

So what actions are you accusing me of? Or 'women' of?

Also, no one has said that ALL men, nor even all the men here are even in need of being held accountable.

Why can't we just take each incident on a case by case basis?

I know, as a lawyer, that if I take my client to trial with the defense "but someone else did something bad too" the judge is going to say "well not only is that irrelevant but now your sentence is going to be longer because you're obviously unrepentant and not taking responsibility for your own actions."

So.... this game of "but someone else somewhere in the world is worse than I am" is childish nonsense.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hmmm... can't be one sided... BOTH sides have to agree. And one can't quote a rule broken unless they follow it.

Both sides of what? What on earth have these people done to have hundreds comment on and laugh at them, without their knowledge??

I would've hoped that men who knew this was happening maybe would've stood up for the women.
Even if you don't agree with them, they might not be your best friends, but watching people tear apart your brother or sister in Christ, without thats person's knowledge is worth some sort of protection or warning, surely?

The whole site is dedicated to manly-manliness, allowing men to be men, to have their roles, and be proud of their masculinity - but not one of our Christian men had the decency to say "Lay off."? or try in any way to protect the women? :(

Peace,
-Niffer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can't really control that. Depends on the person and how they feel. Can't stop someone from posting from another site; especially their frustrations.

Nope, we sure can't stop them. But we can let the CF members be aware of it. It would then be up to them if they wanted to post or not. It would also benefit the men (like I said earlier) to be aware of the fact that some other men are trying to brain wash them.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Both sides of what? What on earth have these people done to have hundreds comment on and laugh at them, without their knowledge??

I would've hoped that men who knew this was happening maybe would've stood up for the women.
Even if you don't agree with them, they might not be your best friends, but watching people tear apart your brother or sister in Christ, without thats person's knowledge is worth some sort of protection or warning, surely?

The whole site is dedicated to manly-manliness, allowing men to be men, to have their roles, and be proud of their masculinity - but not one of our Christian men had the decency to say "Lay off."? or try in any way to protect the women? :(

Peace,
-Niffer

Exactly.

There is no love for their sisters displayed in this.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

Peace,
-Niffer

I wonder, and this is just me thinking out loud, if this blog was kept away from those of us who may have done exactly that so that they couldn't.

I can't say for sure though. I also no longer post in the men's forum.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My anger has subsided to just an ache of sadness.

Men, I've tried to be understanding, and supported you guys many, many times. Personally, I feel like many of you are friends, who's comments and opinions I value.
But now I see any vulnerability I show is now open to ridicule from others - Christian and non-Christian alike.
That not one man who knew about this blog would stand to defend me, it really feels like betrayal; and I feel 'duped' for being so trusting.

I understand wanting to have man-time, and even the need to grouse about women on occasion together - I do.
But to watch and snicker with others and someone who knows nothing about us shreds us to pieces..it's just mean.

Peace,
-Niffer

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is not your typical "hairflip" thread. I am leaving this board and won't be returning, but I think it's important that everyone know why. There is a (sadly) popular blog out there that I will link to that is full of Christian-woman hating rants. I saw the derogatory term used to describe women that starts with an "s" and ends with a "t" on that blog more times in my 20 minutes of skimming than I ever have heard or read it in my entire life. I don't know who the author is but suspect that it's a regular poster on here as many of OUR posts, usernames and profile pics included, shared in some kind of trust with our fellow posters, have been cut and pasted for the support of theories like "why so many wives want their husbands to cheat" and so forth, and then the mockery and insults of hundreds of angry, spiteful commenters, including some of the men who post regularly here.

I'm disturbed, disgusted and fed up with expecting general respect and human decency from some of the men of this board.

Dalrock | Thoughts from a happily married father on a post feminist world.

I understand why you are upset. Please pm me so we could discuss this further. Leaving or staying is your decision and I want you to make the best decision that you can for you. But I would like to talk a little about this blog and why you think it may be from one of our members. But let's not talk about it in thread. My pm box is always open.
Faithfully,

CH Sacerdote (David)

Reactions: dallasapple
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tannicv2

Mar 14, 2012
✟493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, okay. Sure.

So what actions are you accusing me of? Or 'women' of?

Also, no one has said that ALL men, nor even all the men here are even in need of being held accountable.

Why can't we just take each incident on a case by case basis?

I know, as a lawyer, that if I take my client to trial with the defense "but someone else did something bad too" the judge is going to say "well not only is that irrelevant but now your sentence is going to be longer because you're obviously unrepentant and not taking responsibility for your own actions."

So.... this game of "but someone else somewhere in the world is worse than I am" is childish nonsense.

(sighs)

I haven't accused you or any woman of anything.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I don't have any idea what is or is not getting talked about in the men's only sections.

So, maybe I'm overreacting.

But I do see that quote from conservativation (or whatever) about how he intentionally uses that forum to try to convert you all to his way of thinking.

And linkbacks at the other site mean that site is getting linked to HERE.

So, 1 + 1 = 2. And we come right down to the conclusion that it's likely some people are engaging in that kind of posting and behavior HERE.

Furthermore, the defensiveness and finger pointing by some in response to the 'outing' of this vileness speaks volumes.

Just FYI, I'm a woman, so I'm not one of the "you all" in your quote (since you were responding to me.)

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

tannicv2

Mar 14, 2012
✟493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Peace,
-Niffer

What power do we have? Especially here ...

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Peace,
-Niffer

I've been to the dalrock on occasion but not regularly and have not seen what's going on right now. However I will say that one possible reason that none of the men from here stood up and said anything is that what's being done to the women there isn't really all that different than what those same women do to the men here.

The problems here go way beyond differences of opinion. In fact I'd say we can't even honestly say we HAVE differences of opinion because some opinions can't even be expressed without them being turned into something entirely different. Something that in most cases, no Christian would ever believe, and then the conversation becomes about how terrible it is for someone to hold that position. Which they don't really anyway but that doesn't matter once people are on a roll.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.