Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, the posters quoted--including a male poster in one case at leat--said the things that they said. They expressed the views that they expressed. The blogger chose to agree or disagree with the views expressed.

Let me be clear about this--the blogger is not saying that dreamer is the embodiment of evil, or that she's an immoral person in every way or anything like that. He's saying that he disagrees with some of what she has said on the subject of marriage--strongly disagrees. Why is this an issue? No one is talking about genuinely private concerns here; what's being discussed are things that she said in a public forum that anyone can sign up for. If you are for example interviewed on one show they might very well quote it on another if they think it's news.

And as chaz has said, at least one female blogger, Psalm63, quoted a number of people from this forum on her blog. None of us complained when she did, because it's a public forum, even though she was disagreeing and in some cases misinterpreting the meaning and intent of what was said.

Two wrongs don't make a right. That's all I can say. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let's stop pretending we're talking about random people out in the internet that have no connection to the PEOPLE who regularly post here.

No women from this forum have gone and posted vile things about men in this forum on other sites. No women in this forum have linked to hateful misandric websites bashing men from this forum.

Techinically this is correct in that no women in this forum have LINKED to such a site. It was actually the case that a woman from this forum RAN such a site. ANd she most definitely made it a fairly regular practice to use men from here as proof of her points.

Upvote 0

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Quickie note: I am a denizen of the Men's sub-forum above, and I've seen a number of links to various men's rights groups. Dalrock was one of them. I take a quick look, and for the most part they're no place I want to be so I don't hang around there. I couldn't warn anybody because in the short time I saw Dalrock's stuff I didn't see the stuff complained about here. It doesn't mean it wasn't there, just that I didn't see it in the short time it took me to figure I wanted nothing more to do with it.

I've had occasion to do some searching, and most of what I find on MGTOW, MRA and so on leaves me thinking it's best not to do much with guys like that. Many of them hate women just as passionately as any Feminazi can hate men. Many of them hate each other, when you get right down to it. That's not what Christ calls us to. If any of the MRAs want to put me on the "watch list" for saying that, be my guest. I'll repeat, It's not what Christ calls us to. It happens too often though, and I for one am getting a trifle tired of the garbage that gets served up by both sides.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL!! Im sorry this doesnt surprise me one bit whatsover..I've known for a long time this blogger has severe neurosis.. in this case a mysogynist.And this is qutie typical of how women haters behave..they obsess on finding ways and avenues to tear women down and mock and ridicule them becasue its how they feed their hatred ..and or attempt at getting back at thier mothers..they seek out and lure in other men who may or may not have mother issues but definately women issues and start singing thier song of deception to build their litttle army that makes them feel less powerless..

Many men(not the majority of course but many) men that are severely abused and neglected by their mothers during their childhood as in this case will grow up with some sort of skewed view like this of women..Really look into serial murderes and rapist..they all have that common denominator..Their mothers were very neglectful and in many cases physcially or pshycholigically abusive sometimes severely..they are driven to exact revenge against her through hating all women and blaming all women..in this case the target is women who divorce specifically..they think thats the problem..not that THEIR particular mother was just deranged..

I have great sympathy for all abused childrenn..just no respect for those who wont go get help and instead live a life of attempting to "pay back" by attempting to hurt others who havent done aything to hurt them..and become obsessed with that particular genders freedoms and desires to remove their freedoms in a desperate attempt to feel in control of their own llives..Thank God as I have always said that will never come about..but its still quite pathetic to watch ..

One thing I find particularly funny..this blogger describes himself as in his TITLE as "happily married"..that is TOO funny..the very ones that bitterly HATE women who desire to be that word "happy" mockign them for it..going to LENGTHS to try and preach that thats not even what marriage is FOR..to then in ONE sentence describe THEMSELVES(like its impressive) as "happlily married"..Why even put that I wonder if its supposed to be MINIMIZED at best and really not even a consideration at most for marraige?Why because this blogger KNOWS thats a lie from the devil..and NO one would be interested in listening to his SPEW if he was UNHAPPILY married..he would have ZERO credibility.funny twist I think..

Dont you think its at least KIND of funny Dreamer?"Happilly married man" ..bashing women who divorce becasue they arent happy?Mocking and ridiculing THEM for even puttign importance on that and further talkign about them like they are criminals because if they arent happy they leave the marriage?But yet when he has ONE line to descirbe HIMSELF in his MARRIAGE thats the word he chooses?Not 'just married"..or 'sometimes happily married" or uhappilly marreid" ...but HAPPILY MARRIED..I think its hoot..people crack me up with ther absurdity..all the time..I love people..

Dallas

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Techinically this is correct in that no women in this forum have LINKED to such a site. It was actually the case that a woman from this forum RAN such a site. ANd she most definitely made it a fairly regular practice to use men from here as proof of her points.

And when was this?

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Two wrongs don't make a right. That's all I can say. :crossrc:
True, but at the same time you can see where there may be a complete lack of any desire to jump in and defend women who have done the same or similar things to the men they are expecting to defend them.

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And when was this?

Not exactly sure of the timeframe but it went on for quite a while. No reason for you to have heard about it though because as far as I know none of the men involved made any big stink about it here.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Not exactly sure of the timeframe but it went on for quite a while. No reason for you to have heard about it though because as far as I know none of the men involved made any big stink about it here.

btw - Your inbox is super-full. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UK Fred

Dec 4, 2011
✟15,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You guys are beyond ridiculous.

What it boils down to is you didn't defend us because you agree that we are what that NON-Christian misogynist says we are.

And then you want us to believe you're the "spiritual leaders". Bah.

Tamara224, if you are going to make postings like this then, no, I won't defend you. You are adopting the same tactic used on the Dalrock blog - incidentally where I found out about this site - of saying "When you don't agree with me 100%, then you are 100% against me!"

I have been having a look on this site for several months before I started posting here. No worries, but I have seen a number of posts here which have have been logical non-sequiturs. I have also seen some incredibly stupid things posted here.

I go on to several other Christian sites. If my argument is weak, or if what I post is not in accordance with Scripture, then I will be called on it. I have no problem with that. It is in Scripture that I find, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

If I am totally honest, some of the people who post on this site leave themselves wide open to ridicule: the woman who is content in publicly calling her husband "butt head", the person who argued that if a woman attacks a man, the man should never respond because a man is physically stronger than a woman, those who do not understand the difference between hurt and harm, and most of all those who think that posting here is some sort of private area. It is not private, but public, and anyone who posts anything derogatory here could end up being sued for libel if the person to whom the comment is aimed takes the view that he or she needs to put a stop to such comments. I have come to believe that there was a generally feeling on this site that what Dalrock calls a "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] pass" should be available to all women. But remember all who are upset by the quotes of what has been posted here that what is whispered in secret will be shouted from the rooftops. If you are Christian, you must ensure that what you say cannot be twisted to mean something different or misinterpreted because there are always those who will want to do so.

RANT ALERT*** I have already posted that several people on this site could do well to spend some of the time they spend on this site in studying the Scriptures, because, for a Christian form, I have seen several postings that have made me question the amount of thought the person posting has put into their belief system. I was truly shocked that a frequent poster on this site did not recognise Sheila Wray Gregoire, and dismissed her a s a "pointy fingered woman" or words to that effect. I live on the other side of the Pond and I had heard of her. But then I have defended Sheila on Dalrocks's blog. I will not compromise my integrity by trying to defend the indefensible words that some post. I am not threatening to leave or otherwise throwing my dummy out of the pram, but I have been spending much less time on this site and more time on other Christian sites because I feel that the Christian input on those other sites is more honest and more challenging to my way of living than what I have heard here. Rant over.

So, as they might say on Dalrock's blog, grow up or grow a pair. the internet is a grown-up place with grown-up rules. If you applied for a job, you should expect the interviewer to have checked your facebook page, and if you post here, a public forum, you should expect to be quoted.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well..that answers that. I'm out, I don't really feel like being publicly ridiculed today by a man who doesn't have a large enough "pair" to even tell us who he really is and has to skulk in the shadows of this thread.

To the men of this forum: This is how you're being represented, consider that.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is also a woman from here..a young woman she claims she slef banned her self..I wont say who she is..but she has her own blog that she takes topics from here and gives some of the women fake names like 'Betty" then hliariously completely not just "misenerprets" flat out LIES about what the woman said on a topic..then goes on a 'lecture' about how selifish and immature "these" women are at the CF forum ...

I sit back and watch as she takes in her accolades soem of them I think she writes herslef to be honest like/?/WOW..you are a great writer tis refreshignto see a woman come out and speak so eloquently about mens needs"...Its one of the funniest and Im sorry pathetic things I ever seen..This gril is CLASSIC woman hater..hates her OWN slef can you imagine?this gets her a LOT of attention from men af course..which is after all her entire goal.. since she hates women..LOVES men..

I just tend to feel sorry for peopel like that..ya know?At least she uses fake names thouhg..Its werid to wonder..is that how she REALLY reads whts beign said becaseu she sounds awful convicned..or is she manipulating ?One of the traits SHE attributes to be ALL womans sin..In her case its a littel more scary if she actually beleives the things she THINKS other woman are sayign when its so far from it..

In general even though its pathetic ..I try and find the humor in it..you know the ludicrousy?These peopel cant be happy people..if they say thery are I for one do NOT believe them..

Dallas

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

And/or I only got married two weeks ago and haven't been around long enough.

But still.... you're making a stink about it now.

It just still seems rather childish to pretend like you didn't really care about it but then when you get called on something to pull it out like the trump card.

Sounds like keeping a record of wrongs to me.

The real issue here, IMHO, is that some of you men actually agree with the MRA stuff. But you know you can't really get away with it openly. So you talk about it behind closed doors. But your attitudes spill over and, despite what you think, we can see the fruit of the bad teaching you guys have been swallowing. And when it's brought out into the light, you start pointing fingers, trying to get the attention away from the real issue.

The real issue is that there a serious lack of love.

And yeah, I know we women can get sharp tongued and defensive too. And we should work on that, repent for our hatred (if hatred we have) and respond with blessings when we're cursed.

But for Christ's sake - get the log out of your eye before you try digging the speck out of mine!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Tamara224, if you are going to make postings like this then, no, I won't defend you. You are adopting the same tactic used on the Dalrock blog - incidentally where I found out about this site - of saying "When you don't agree with me 100%, then you are 100% against me!"

Fred, reread what you just wrote.

You just admitted that you frequented an anti-Christlike blog before coming here.

And then you want me to believe that if I hadn't called people "ridiculous" that you would have defended me from that anti-Christlike behavior you admit that you frequently read and probably participated in?

There's really no need to even say anything else.

If you did want to defend me, I would be worried.

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And/or I only got married two weeks ago and haven't been around long enough.

But still.... you're making a stink about it now.

It just still seems rather childish to pretend like you didn't really care about it but then when you get called on something to pull it out like the trump card.

Sounds like keeping a record of wrongs to me.

The real issue here, IMHO, is that some of you men actually agree with the MRA stuff. But you know you can't really get away with it openly. So you talk about it behind closed doors. But your attitudes spill over and, despite what you think, we can see the fruit of the bad teaching you guys have been swallowing. And when it's brought out into the light, you start pointing fingers, trying to get the attention away from the real issue.

The real issue is that there a serious lack of love.

And yeah, I know we women can get sharp tongued and defensive too. And we should work on that, repent for our hatred (if hatred we have) and respond with blessings when we're cursed.

But for Christ's sake - get the log out of your eye before you try digging the speck out of mine!

I'll flat out say it. While there are certain aspects of the MRA stuff that I fully agree that no Christian should ever agree with, there are other aspects of it that I fully and completely agree with and wish that more Christian men had the stones to stand up and say, in Church.

As for bringing up something from long ago, no I'm not at all upset about it. Just pointing out that when it happens to men, it's simply shrugged off, but when it happens to women we've got this. Why the difference? I'll not speculate since I can't think of anything that wouldn't be terribly insulting.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Well..that answers that. I'm out, I don't really feel like being publicly ridiculed today by a man who doesn't have a large enough "pair" to even tell us who he really is and has to skulk in the shadows of this thread.

To the men of this forum: This is how you're being represented, consider that.

I was going to post something on that blog, but they want my email address and name in order to do so. No thanks!

I got enough bullying from this site, don't need it to my personal email as well.

Upvote 0

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Another quickie note: These forums are public, in that they can be read by ANYBODY who possesses an Internet connection. You have to be a member to post here, but anybody can read it, and link back to it, and do a copy-and-paste hatchet job and so on. I found this forum by doing a Google search, after a guy on the forums I still take part in (my opera communities, lounge, debates and discussions) recommended that the Christians who post there should find a Christian forum so his Atheist eye wouldn't have to read our stuff. I didn't even have a log-on name and password, and I was able to read almost everything here except the sub-forums which do have some level of privacy.

So, a word to the wise: If you wouldn't want to see your words on the front page of your local daily newspaper, DON'T post them on a forum anywhere on the Internet. It's public, believe it or not.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The real issue here, IMHO, is that some of you men actually agree with the MRA stuff.

yes that is a real issue just like its an issue there are rapists in a crowd..best bet is to spot them out and learn how to interact with them..guard your self..and warn others if you can..They cant really hurt you on the internet unless you let them..It CAN however help you learn to spot them in real life..and armed with what to look for..learn how to avoid them completely OR be ready however way you can to call them out for what they are..Like a racist..call them out..Shine a light on them..they HATE that..

Dallas

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.