Privacy alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hijklmnop

This is not your typical "hairflip" thread. I am leaving this board and won't be returning, but I think it's important that everyone know why. There is a (sadly) popular blog out there that I will link to that is full of Christian-woman hating rants. I saw the derogatory term used to describe women that starts with an "s" and ends with a "t" on that blog more times in my 20 minutes of skimming than I ever have heard or read it in my entire life. I don't know who the author is but suspect that it's a regular poster on here as many of OUR posts, usernames and profile pics included, shared in some kind of trust with our fellow posters, have been cut and pasted for the support of theories like "why so many wives want their husbands to cheat" and so forth, and then the mockery and insults of hundreds of angry, spiteful commenters, including some of the men who post regularly here.

I'm disturbed, disgusted and fed up with expecting general respect and human decency from some of the men of this board.

Dalrock | Thoughts from a happily married father on a post feminist world.

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
:( I'm sorry Dreamer.
I'm just as disgusted as you are over this - not only is it a breach of privacy, but to have our comments/thoughts and ideas spewed so hatefully to hundreds who get to sit back and judge is has just throughly disgusted me.
As for the men who knew about this...you knew we were being degraded yet did not even attempt to protect or even warn us that our posts were being perverted.

'chivalry' indeed.

Dreamer I will be very sad to see you go - I hope to see you in the private forum, where we don't have to worry about our personal problems becoming the sport of hundreds.

-Niffer

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way.............here's a post from one of the men on that forum: It's a little scarey to know that not only have we women been betrayed, but that you men are also being brain washed.

"Im still “conservativation” on that forum, but I have been banned and allowed back so many times that I don’t go into the married area much,, besides arguing with the exact same women for years defines me as insane. One thing I do do though, because this is my primary activism, is if men are there are will listen I (and a handful of good guys) will get them in the Mens Area (which is on the same page but you get there by request for access only and its a safe place to post) and force feed red pill cereal to them. I dont mean my activism is in that forum….i mean its among Christian men and pastors."

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
By the way.............here's a post from one of the men on that forum: It's a little scarey to know that not only have we women been betrayed, but that you men are also being brain washed.

"Im still “conservativation” on that forum, but I have been banned and allowed back so many times that I don’t go into the married area much,, besides arguing with the exact same women for years defines me as insane. One thing I do do though, because this is my primary activism, is if men are there are will listen I (and a handful of good guys) will get them in the Mens Area (which is on the same page but you get there by request for access only and its a safe place to post) and force feed red pill cereal to them. I dont mean my activism is in that forum….i mean its among Christian men and pastors."

*shakes head* . . . Oh wow..there goes a lot of respect. :(

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
People in glass houses.......

I'm failing to see how there's even a tiny amount of difference between what you are all so upset about happening with posts from here being taken there and taking something from there and posting it here.

Oh and an honest question. Would any of you have a problem with someone from here taking the time to track down a poster's real life identity and sending their spouse a long rant on Facebook? Just asking because it happened to me. Was done by someone who is thankfully on an involuntary permanent vacation from here.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just glancing through that site, I notice a couple of things. 1) It's been around since at least 2010. It doesn't seem to have been started or affiliated with anything having to do with the women at CF. 2) In posts that I have skimmed through (hovering my mouse over links) I see many link-backs to posts made in many places on the internet, including one or two from CF.

It doesn't seem like it's comprised of CF men intent on bashing CF women. There may be some CF member participation there, but the focus and intent doesn't seem to have anything to do with this place. I'm not sure what's asking to be done about it. Have the blog shut down? Have a rule that CF men can't post their opinions elsewhere on the internet? What's the end goal?

Upvote 0

tannicv2

Mar 14, 2012
✟493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the tides have turned and all the men are viewed as disgusting. Figures... Anyhow there is really no point of putting it nicely. That's what we go through at times. One poster posted something on there that's so true I can't find what's not true about it. Anyhow... I'm just a man... who cares.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
As for the men who knew about this...you knew we were being degraded yet did not even attempt to protect or even warn us that our posts were being perverted.

This is, indeed, the most disturbing part.

Forget chivalry.

What about the love of Christ? What about "you shall know they are my disciples by the love they have for one another" and "love your neighbor as yourself?"

These are the same men who go about trying to shove (their interpretation of) the Bible down our throats. The same men who talk about following Scripture, claiming others ignore it, etc.

And yet they sit idly by, or worse participate, in immoral and crude talk, vile aspersions and unrighteous behavior.

"Women need to submit because the Bible says so.
Women need to be modest because the Bible says so.
Women need to be respectful of men because the Bible says so."

These are their mantras.

Yes, I wish I could say I was surprised. Discouraged yes, but not surprised.

Upvote 0

David Jerome

Feb 29, 2012
New York
✟993.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
If it's true that the blog author is a poster here, then it's probably true he/she frequents many other sites where marriage is discussed. If you go somewhere else, then you're still just as likely to have your posts at risk of being copied without your permission, but this blog author and others.

You can leave if you want. But anything you say on a public internet site anywhere, leaves you just as open.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What's the end goal?

Um, to be treated with respect at CHRISTIAN Forums is the desired outcome.

And if some people can't do that, then Christian Forums has rules in place to ban people.

No, nothing can be done about another website.

But something can be done about what gets posted, and who posts, on this one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.