President's speech calling for assault weapons ban sparks alarm on Twitter: ‘Biden wants to disarm A

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Things in the Constitution by their very nature are not absolute. The Constitution can be amended.
Yes they can; they can also be repealed. But until then they are law.......try to remember that......

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Or being eligible to be drafted? That is, after all, what brought about the 18yo vote. And I don't necessarily disagree with you on the vote. At 18 I was throwing hand grenades, firing machine guns and shooting light anti-tank weapons. If my country told me I wasn't responsible enough to buy/own a gun I think I would have had problems with my previous choice.
Wow! The military must have thought you quite a prodigy when you finally graduated from high school and enlisted.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow! The military must have thought you quite a prodigy when you finally graduated from high school and enlisted.
Obviously you have never served. Your ignorance on the subject is duly noted......

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,939.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Obviously you have never served. Your ignorance on the subject is duly noted......
The military doesn't care what type of experience you have with weapons when you enlist. You start at zero like everyone else.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes they can; they can also be repealed. But until then they are law.......try to remember that......

And laws can be regulated. Case in point, licenses required to carry a handgun in many states. So, what are you willing to do? Anything?

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I know that not many 18 year old enlistees have the prior weapons experience you claim for yourself. How many high school kids are trained in hand grenades, machine guns and anti-tank weapons?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow! The military must have thought you quite a prodigy
Well, I was offered OCS and then language training in basic but....18yo......young and stupid.....I said no.....bad decision.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I know that not many 18 year old enlistees have the prior weapons experience you claim for yourself
Weapons experience?.....you mean small game hunting?.....rabbits, partridge, ducks, geese? I never thought of it as 'weapons experience'......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Wasn't there something in the news about a 13-year-old legally buying an AR-15 in Virginia? I mean, if you don't agree that there can be SOME changes that should be made then I don't know what to say.
Never seen that. Can you post it?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many mass shootings have we had in a few days? And is there any sign of them stopping?

Everyone wants something done, and the more gun owners resist (or the people that say they represent them resist) changes to try to cut down gun access to dangurous people, the more it will lead to guns being taken away.

And honestly, there are going to be guns taken away under red flag laws, even if it is only for a short time. Which is still a long way from disarming Americains en mass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Weapons experience?.....you mean small game hunting?.....rabbits, partridge, ducks, geese? I never thought of it as 'weapons experience'......
Why? Were you hunting rabbits, partridge, ducks and geese with light anti-tank weapons, grenades and machine guns.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Why? Were you hunting rabbits, partridge, ducks and geese with light anti-tank weapons, grenades and machine guns.
No, I had a shotgun ever since I was 12yo......still have it as matter of fact......20ga H&R single shot.....still my favorite. The army taught me to handle LAW's, machine guns (M60) and grenades. Hard to explain it to someone who never served.....no common experiences......

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Currently this measure was found unconstitutional by the 9th Circuit:

California ban on semi-automatic weapons for those under 21 ruled unconstitutional

LOS ANGELES — A U.S. appeals court ruled Wednesday that California’s ban on the sale of semi-automatic weapons to adults younger than 21 is unconstitutional.

In a 2-1 ruling, a panel of the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said Wednesday the law violates the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms and a San Diego judge should have blocked what it called “an almost total ban on semi-automatic centerfire rifles” for young adults.

Since that may not be possible, another suggestion that has been raised is to unseal violent offenses by minors so that the background checks are more effective.
and that court is known for being anti-second amendment that should tell you something.

• Winner
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
and to date only ONE amendment has been repealed and that one was repealed less than 20 years after it was passed, so repealing one of the founding amendments would be "hard".

• Agree
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wasn't there something in the news about a 13-year-old legally buying an AR-15 in Virginia? I mean, if you don't agree that there can be SOME changes that should be made then I don't know what to say.
See as how you have to 18 to purchase or 21 for handguns I am not sure where that came from.

• Agree
Upvote 0