President's speech calling for assault weapons ban sparks alarm on Twitter: ‘Biden wants to disarm A

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟620,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
President's speech calling for assault weapons ban sparks alarm on Twitter: ‘Biden wants to disarm Americans’
Sounds like uncle joe has gone full progressive leftist on the country.......

"We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. And if we can't ban assault weapons, then we should raise the age to purchase them from 18 to 21," he declared. Biden added that the country also needs to "strengthen background checks; enact safe storage and red flag laws; repeal the immunity, that protect gun manufacturers from liability; address the mental health crisis, deepening the trauma of gun violence."

Though Biden insisted, "I want to be very clear – this is not about taking away anyone's guns. It is not about vilifying gun owners." Elsewhere in the speech, the commander-in-chief voiced his opinion again that the Second Amendment is "not absolute."

Wonder what he thinks a 'ban' entails if not taking away something that people already have.......

• Agree
Reactions: Blade

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
President's speech calling for assault weapons ban sparks alarm on Twitter: ‘Biden wants to disarm Americans’

"We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. And if we can't ban assault weapons, then we should raise the age to purchase them from 18 to 21," he declared. Biden added that the country also needs to "strengthen background checks; enact safe storage and red flag laws; repeal the immunity, that protect gun manufacturers from liability; address the mental health crisis, deepening the trauma of gun violence."

Though Biden insisted, "I want to be very clear – this is not about taking away anyone's guns. It is not about vilifying gun owners." Elsewhere in the speech, the commander-in-chief voiced his opinion again that the Second Amendment is "not absolute."

I agree with biden that 18 year olds are probably not to be trusted with a gun . Or a vote.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟620,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree with biden that 18 year olds are probably not to be trusted with a gun . Or a vote.
Or being eligible to be drafted? That is, after all, what brought about the 18yo vote. And I don't necessarily disagree with you on the vote. At 18 I was throwing hand grenades, firing machine guns and shooting light anti-tank weapons. If my country told me I wasn't responsible enough to buy/own a gun I think I would have had problems with my previous choice.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟882,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with biden that 18 year olds are probably not to be trusted with a gun .

Currently this measure was found unconstitutional by the 9th Circuit:

California ban on semi-automatic weapons for those under 21 ruled unconstitutional

LOS ANGELES — A U.S. appeals court ruled Wednesday that California’s ban on the sale of semi-automatic weapons to adults younger than 21 is unconstitutional.

In a 2-1 ruling, a panel of the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said Wednesday the law violates the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms and a San Diego judge should have blocked what it called “an almost total ban on semi-automatic centerfire rifles” for young adults.

Since that may not be possible, another suggestion that has been raised is to unseal violent offenses by minors so that the background checks are more effective.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟620,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Since that may not be possible, another suggestion that has been raised is to unseal violent offenses by minors so that the background checks are more effective.
THAT is one of the better ideas.......

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟232,988.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
At 18 I was throwing hand grenades, firing machine guns and shooting light anti-tank weapons.
After extensive training and under constant supervision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟558,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was going to say replace biden with progressive.....but that is just repeating the statement.......
It will never stop being hilarious to me hearing people on the right call Biden a progressive.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟968,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In recent weeks we have lost ladies out to buy bread and milk, teachers and a classroom of students ready to head to summer vacation, a doctor and surrounding medical staff, and two college ladies on their way into church. And the extremist right is willing to do NOTHING, just so America can continue its gun fetish unfettered.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟558,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time......this is uncle joe's first bite.......
dis·arm
/disˈärm/

verb
  1. take a weapon or weapons away from (a person, force, or country).
"guerrillas had completely disarmed and demobilized their forces"

Where is he calling to disarm any law abiding citizen?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟620,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
After extensive training and under constant supervision.
You should have replied to the entire statement.

At 18 I was throwing hand grenades, firing machine guns and shooting light anti-tank weapons. If my country told me I wasn't responsible enough to buy/own a gun I think I would have had problems with my previous choice.

At 14yo I took a hunter safety course, about 10-12 weeks @ 1.5hr/wk (Virginia, MN 1968) and was allowed to carry and hunt on my own without adult supervision..... so maybe let's not go down the 'extensive training and constant supervision' discussion, OK?.....

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟710,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Wonder what he thinks a 'ban' entails if not taking away something that people already have.......

Did twitter put up a fact check on the "not absolute"? He has had multiple fact checkers show it is false. I wonder if he will be censored for disinformation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟232,988.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, by your definition anyway, the majority of the country has.
gun control polls.jpg

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟620,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
And the extremist right is willing to do NOTHING, just so America can continue its gun fetish unfettered.
And the extremist leftists are willing to disregard the constitution to simply carry out their agenda. What's next with them?.....freedom of the press?.....speech (except their own of course)?.....worship?.....maybe search warrants so they can ferret out all those nasty conservatives who must be hiding their guns?
How do you eat an elephant?
Answers above......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟620,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0