California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Name one President who used a photo op that did not use it manipulated and propagandistic?

They all use these ops to promote their agenda.

You just provided evidence to contradict the statement you made and answer the question you asked. There's a striking difference between photographers capturing photos of historic moments, such as the signing of bills, and a staged photoshoot for Twitter.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You just provided evidence to contradict the statement you made and answer the question you asked. There's a striking difference between photographers capturing photos of historic moments, such as the signing of bills, and a staged photoshoot for Twitter.

Every photo shoot is staged - that is why it is a photo shoot.
t1larg.obama.food.wh.jpg

Example - Staged photo shoot -

obama21.jpg

Staged photo shoot -

hbfxhltbsopbpquh7iti.jpg

Staged photo shoot - blank paper??

apology.gif

Staged photo shoot - blank paper?

HR1151Clinton.jpg

I think most people get my point

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
t1larg.obama.food.wh.jpg

obama21.jpg

Staged photo shoot -

hbfxhltbsopbpquh7iti.jpg

apology.gif

HR1151Clinton.jpg

Those all look like candid photos of the president in-action. Trump's looks completely staged. If anything, the third one looks staged but even that looks better than Trump's where he's clearly posing, looking into the camera.

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those all look like candid photos of the president in-action. Trump's looks completely staged. If anything, the third one looks staged but even that looks better than Trump's where he's clearly posing, looking into the camera.

Looks the same to me, but I don’t hate Barack Hussein Obama enough to stress over a photo of him signing documents. And trying to make people believe it’s blank.

I didn’t support him, didn’t vote for him. I don’t appreciate him repeatedly lying to the country and the loss of my medical insurance because of his actions. I still don’t hate him enough to make things up.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Looks the same to me, but I don’t hate Barack Hussein Obama enough to stress over a photo of him signing documents. And trying to make people believe it’s blank.

I didn’t support him, didn’t vote for him. I don’t appreciate him repeatedly lying to the country and the loss of my medical insurance because of his actions. I still don’t hate him enough to make things up.

But you do hate him enough to keep using his middle name to remind us that he’s some sort of Mooslim boogeyman?

• Agree
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But you do hate him enough to keep using his middle name to remind us that he’s some sort of Mooslim boogeyman?

Nope not hate at all. Is he not proud of his name? Are people ashamed of it?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
t1larg.obama.food.wh.jpg

obama21.jpg

Staged photo shoot -

hbfxhltbsopbpquh7iti.jpg

apology.gif

HR1151Clinton.jpg

The point we get is that you don't get it. You have pictures of bill signings... where real bills were signed. It's not just a stack of bills with blank paper like the current president. If they were real signings, they would be like his previous signings where he scribbles his name and holds up to the camera with a, "Look Mom! I signed my name!"

• Agree
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So bills were signed then? so what the problem?

Two bills were signed, not the twenty apparently empty folders on his desk.

Has there ever been a day when he signed twenty bills? If not, then that's not a mere photo op, it's a lie.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are staring children in the world and you are wasting your time with this, trust me when I say, its pointless.

Diversion.gif

Ooops, lost the argument, so let's talk about the starving children in the world.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No, your definition is incorrect.

If a real event is actually happening, it's not "staged."

It's a "photo opportunity" if it's set up to facilitate photography of a real event--as these are.

But "staged" means the entire circumstance of the photograph is an imitation of a real event.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 248503
Ooops, lost the argument, so let's talk about the starving children in the world.

Well, at least it was a diversion to starving children and not the ad nauseam diatribe of "Liberals this and liberals that!" which often occurs whenever a political argument is lost or the usual ad nauseam deflection whataboutism to any liberal politician breathing whenever Trump is being criticized.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You know that's why some conservatives include his middle name whenever they speak of him. It's like they're trying to insult him and somehow prove that he's really a Muslim after all.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know that's why some conservatives include his middle name whenever they speak of him. It's like they're trying to insult him and somehow prove that he's really a Muslim after all.
It's sooo painfully obvious. It doesn't even read naturally since Obama has never been someone who has gone by all three names. The fact they go out of their way to say it is just funny to me.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

What's even sadder is that they think being a Muslim in America is a negative. That must feel great to all the 3.5m Muslims living in the US, a country that claims that everyone is free to practise any religion they please, but where the idea of a President being Muslim is supposedly some huge indictment. Young Muslim kids in America must really grow up feeling they have equal opportunity..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope not hate at all. Is he not proud of his name? Are people ashamed of it?

If not hate, then what is it? Are you just using his middle name to differentiate him from all the other Barack Obamas that are out there?

Now that I think about it, Trump's middle name is John. Maybe I could start saying Donald John Trump as a way of reminding everybody of Donald's affinity for women he has to pay for.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The point I'm getting is that you managed to post a bunch of pictures of presidents signing bills with actual words on them. It serves as a sharp contrast between them and Individual 1 - a reminder of how the current situation is not normal in the least.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
t1larg.obama.food.wh.jpg

obama21.jpg

Staged photo shoot -

hbfxhltbsopbpquh7iti.jpg

apology.gif

HR1151Clinton.jpg

I think most people get that you've invested effort in substantiating my point that there's an important distinction between a photoshoot capturing a historic moment such as signing a bill, and one that has been staged exclusively for social media, as was the case with Mr. Trump's photo in the OP but with none of the photos you've provided. Each of the photos of Presidents Obama and Clinton were accompanied by a press release, and it is obvious that the bill is the focus. In the Tweet captioning Mr. Trump's photo, no information about the bill he was allegedly signing is provided, not even its name; instead the character space is consumed by a manipulative and juvenile jab.
It would be like the difference between snapping a keepsake picture of you at a special event at your church, and you going to church when it is closed to take a picture of yourself outside of it to post on your social media and boast about pious you are and denigrate those you dislike as being less devout for not being in the picture with you.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
t1larg.obama.food.wh.jpg

obama21.jpg

Staged photo shoot -

hbfxhltbsopbpquh7iti.jpg

apology.gif

HR1151Clinton.jpg

By the way -
I genuinely appreciate that you provided these photos because I've enjoyed the learning opportunity from running the photos through Google Image to discover their context, even though of course that was not your intended purpose. As I and other explained above, these photos are actually counterproductive to your purpose in posting them. But I'm stuck in the car for a while, so it was a semi-productive way to pass a couple of minutes of time, haha. The top one of President Obama is of him signing the Food Safety Bill in 2011, the second is of President Obama signing a bill named in honor of slain NYPD police officers that established a “Blue Alert” system so local police can be warned about new threats to law enforcement. The third was of President Obama signing the Survivors Bill of Rights act into law for victims of sexual assault. The fourth photo, from 1993, is of President Clinton signing the Apology Resolution officially acknowledging the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii. The last photo is of President Clinton, surrounded by a host of credit union supporters, signing the Credit Union Membership Access Act into law in August of 1998. In each of the photos where you've rhetorically asked if there is blank paper the lettering is visible on my screen. In most of your photos, there's witnesses directly looking at the bill, thus eliminating the possibility that the presidents were signing a blank page. None of these photos were taken during a government shutdown.

Upvote 0

yougottabekidding

Nov 3, 2018
Oologah
✟28,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
obama-signs-debt-ceiling-bill.jpg

22obama-600.jpg

president-barack-obama-signs-an-executive-order-to-implement-enhanced-picture-id457376780

There is this thing that happens when you turn on bright television lights and they reflect off white paper. It washed out images on the paper.

Either that, or Barack Hussein Obama found invisible ink first

Good to see someone with common sense here..Great rebuttal

Upvote 0