Predict the Democratic nominee for President

Who will win the Democratic nomination for President?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At least he is not as, stoopid, corrupt, ignorant as..... is actually reasons why many voted for Trump over Clinton.
...remind me again, who got almost 3,000,000 more votes then President Trump did in 2016? :scratch:

lest we forget.
Nice! We found something we can agree about! :clap:
tulc(also likes to remind people about things) ;)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...remind me again, who got almost 3,000,000 more votes then President Trump did in 2016? :scratch:

Nice! We found something we can agree about! :clap:
tulc(also likes to remind people about things) ;)

yeah, she hasn’t stopped talking about it for three years steady.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...and Republicans haven't stop talking about her for the last three years, I guess it must still rankle realizing their candidate got several million less votes then the person they think is the least liked Democrat candidate ever.
tulc(is going to need more coffee soon) :coffee:

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How about that Des Moines Register poll? Did they fix that one yet?
It’s Iowa. It’s not the U.S. And he’s been campaigning there like crazy, knowing if he can win there it will give him a push. It’s smart, but his support nationwide isn’t there.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which would not sit well with Party elites. Maybe Bernie has a right to be paranoid. He won Iowa last time and Hillary machinated to defeat him. Past can be prologue.
I thought Hillary won Iowa last time. Or do you mean popular vs. delegate?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The main reasons I think it could be Hillary, not too long ago she indicated that she has entertained running again, and that she thinks she could beat Trump this time around.

During the Senate impeachment trial the House Managers brought up the Bidens at least 400 times, that according to Trump's Defense Team. If these Democrats were wanting him as their nominee, why draw so much negative attention towards him, which this would do, and did do, the fact Trump's Defense then raised these issues numerous times, in response to the House managers bringing the Bidens up that many times?

Then there is the deal with Bernie Sanders. Some of these Democrats don't want him ending up as the nominee either. If Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders were out of the picture for whatever reasons, who does that leave left for the Democrats to go head on with Trump? Bring Hillary Clinton back into the picture, maybe the Democrats think they now have someone that can actually beat Trump.
You think Hillary is going to enter the race after multiple primaries have already happened? How could she win?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
I hope it's Deval Patrick. The guy has two last names, he can be his own running mate.
Deval-Patrick vs Trump-Pence.
I'm on the lookout for fellow Deval Patrick supporters, but nobody takes me seriously when I ask where I can find a campaign office or volunteer group. They think I'm being obnoxious and tell me to "knock it off".
But I'm reminded by the saying from Ghandi, or was it MLK Junior? "First they laugh at you, then they say mean things to you, then they fight you, then next thing you know, Deval Patrick is the next President of the United States!"

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You think Hillary is going to enter the race after multiple primaries have already happened? How could she win?

I'm not saying she could win, but am saying she thinks she could win, and so could other Democrats in power think that as well. And if Biden and Sanders end up not being picks for the nomination, for various reasons, who else would Democrats have running that they think have a chance of beating Trump?

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
He needs only 50 Democrats in the Senate.

As mark said any major issue you need 60 vote in Senate, but sake of argument lets say you need only 50 Vote + VP. Right now there are only 45 Dem Senator and 2 INDP. To flip the Senate Dem needs to add 4 more seat. For sake of it lets say Democrat get majority in 2021 with 51 + 2 Independent. Even with that they can’t pass any major bills Sen Sanders wants.

Joe Manchin West Virginia will never vote on any progressive agenda, and comprehensive energy plan Sen. Sanders wants, that is unthinkable for Senator from WV. Sen Doug Jones of AL, if he survive this election he too will not vote with Democrat on progressive agenda. Same goes for Sen Kyrsten Sinema of AZ. Sen Sherrod Brown of OH or Sen Jon Tester of MO, they claim to be moderate but they represent red state .. they too will not support any kind of massive energy bill Sen Sanders wants… and Medicare for all.. that is out of the question.

So at the end.. President Sanders can only talk about his policy in campaign rally just like “ Mexico will pay for the wall”

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He also is not a fan of nuclear energy and wants to phase it out. I don't know how important the latter is, but would favor any law that reasonably decreases America's dependence on oil, coal, and toxic gas.
Remove oil, coal, natural gas and all you’re left with is nuclear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

But it’s true. The only reason Donald Trump is President is because less than 1% of the voters in 3 states took a chance. They won’t make that mistake again.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump was a Democrat for many years.

Perhaps Bloomberg the most likely candidate to beat Trump.

I like Mike Bloomberg, too. He seems to be a straightforward, no-nonsense guy. He’s about 15X wealthier than Donald Trump. And he never declared bankruptcy, or received sizable money from Daddy to start his business. On the downside, he has some of that “I know what’s good for you” authoritarianism. As mayor of NYC, he supported an ordinance to ban the sale of large sized sugary soft drinks. (This must be a billionaire thing. But he seems less authoritarian than Trump.) But what I like most is that he’s making health care and insurance his focus. Which is also my #1 issue.

Upvote 0

Percivale

Sam
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2012
Southern Indiana
✟145,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Moderates and minorities will stay home if the candidate is too far left on social issues, radicals will stay home if the candidate is too moderate on economic issues. So Pete is the only one that can't win in November. Hopefully primary voters will realize that. Klobuchar or Biden have the best chance to beat Trump. Otherwise I think Warren might win the primaries, and I don't know if she'd beat Trump or not. I'm not in a swing state, so I'll be voting for Brian Carroll (American Solidarity Party) in November whatever the outcome of the primaries is.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Iowa update: Buttigieg is narrowly leading Sanders in delegates, but slightly behind him in popular votes, with 71% of precincts reporting.

The moment seems to have passed for any one of the candidates to bask in the glory of having won Iowa and gain a lot of momentum from it, but while Mayor Pete is being tentatively called the winner by the media at this time....

Almost 30% still outstanding is a rather large chunk.

Someone else--Bernie, for example--may win both the vote and the delegates, but it may not matter too much. Something like this happened in 2012 when it was reported that Romney had won Iowa only to have late returns make Rick Santorum the winner--except that by that time no one appeared to notice.

Upvote 0