Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You get used to it. But don't let it squash you optimism and your hope.

Thank you, and no problem. I just speak my mind, but I'm not, in the least, exercised over anything. You have to always consider the source, most any believer of any maturity not seeing anything unexpected or unusual from the opposition of the world. Also, spirituality isn't based in emotionalism, which is most often a more shallow part of our natures that doesn't belong in what are, in essence, small situations like this, some message board post, and often enough by somebody we'd be fools to actually take to heart. That wouldn't be healthy, would be a good reason to stay off the web. But no worries, I'm pretty much a "so what" sort of person in these things, am never robbed of peace and joy in the Lord by any such thing, even often find real joy in opposition, when it's truth that hits a nerve, you know, those times you consider the nature of your opponent and realize you must have really said something right. I forget where in scripture at the moment, but somewhere in Acts you have Paul and Silas singing in prison.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But no worries, I'm pretty much a "so what" sort of person in these things, am never robbed of joy in the Lord by any such thing.
Yes, this is the best attitude imho. I say I am going to stay out of the weeds. LOL.^_^

Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, this is the best attitude imho. I say I am going to stay out of the weeds. LOL.^_^

Well put, though I'm almost ashamed to say I sometimes enjoy plucking a few, while passing by.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well put, though I'm almost ashamed to say I sometimes enjoy plucking a few, while passing by.
LOL!^_^ Well sometimes we do have to stand firm in what we believe. I try to love everyone whether they believe like me or not. I do not like turmoil and confusion so I try to avoid it where possible, but I do speak the truth of the scripture as the Holy Spirit reveals it to me.

Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
LOL!^_^ Well sometimes we do have to stand firm in what we believe. I try to love everyone whether they believe like me or not. I do not like turmoil and confusion so I try to avoid it where possible, but I do speak the truth of the scripture as the Holy Spirit reveals it to me.

In the main, I stay uninvolved on a emotional level, people often mistaking being direct and pointed as to the issues, whether sound doctrine or somebody's behavioral issues, as having any real emotional involvement. With me, it's on an intellectual level, and sometimes having a little fun with it. I know I expect there are even purveyors of deception, because there are, wheat and tares the very situation we often see, which the Bible tells us to expect. There's a recognizable pattern to a lot of it, also, the tare often focusing on certain issues to try and create discord and spread error. You can see the agenda, like what motive and resulting behavioral patterns are to criminality. If you'll notice, some people never stop repeating the same errors, consistently troll certain issues.

But that aside, I think maybe what I find most irritating are the disputes over simple, basic doctrine, people who argue over what repentance is, what salvation is, what grace is, what atonement is, what sanctification is, all very much Sunday school issues it's a shame to see what are, purportedly, mature, adult Christians constantly arguing over, hence most often avoid all of that. I find it dreary, a bore, this not moving on to deeper things, and I fear those mired in disputes over the baby's milk can't move on to deeper things. I just can't imagine arguing over the same things, day in and day out, don't really understand it in terms of intelligent human behavior, in any pursuit of life. Hence, I avoid a whole lot, have to comb forums some days to find anything interesting, and sometimes find nothing at all that isn't a rehash of the same old, same old.

But, never mind that rant, back to some good stuff!

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. 11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Salem... I gotta have a sit-down coffee-time talk with you some day... and I don't even drink coffee! LOL :D From what I've read so far of your writings here, it seems as if we are very similar in beliefs and attitudes. HMFJ... you too, of course. Remember the group you and I use to be in on here? What was the name of it again? I think I met you there a few years ago. Anyway, we had some really good thought-provoking discussions then. Gotta admit I miss that, but looks like we have a good discourse here as well. However, not being here on this thread for very long, I seem to have missed out on things I suppose. So, aside from the dialog about the non-believers in a pre-trib rapture, what other things can we discuss here that is of a more positive message? I do like those passages of scripture you (Salem) posted. They are some of my favorites.

I'm about to take on a study of Revelation with Dr. Jack Van Impe's video teaching. As I go through that series again (went through it years ago), slow as it must be for now, I will post anything I find of interest to me and new thoughts I may find myself engaging while immersed in the study. Praise be to the Lord and all His works. Amen! :)

Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Salem... I gotta have a sit-down coffee-time talk with you some day... and I don't even drink coffee! LOL :D From what I've read so far of your writings here, it seems as if we are very similar in beliefs and attitudes. HMFJ... you too, of course. Remember the group you and I use to be in on here? What was the name of it again? I think I met you there a few years ago. Anyway, we had some really good thought-provoking discussions then. Gotta admit I miss that, but looks like we have a good discourse here as well. However, not being here on this thread for very long, I seem to have missed out on things I suppose. So, aside from the dialog about the non-believers in a pre-trib rapture, what other things can we discuss here that is of a more positive message? I do like those passages of scripture you (Salem) posted. They are some of my favorites.

I'm about to take on a study of Revelation with Dr. Jack Van Impe's video teaching. As I go through that series again (went through it years ago), slow as it must be for now, I will post anything I find of interest to me and new thoughts I may find myself engaging while immersed in the study. Praise be to the Lord and all His works. Amen! :)

Hi, Matthew-59. You seem to have me confused with somebody else. I just got a login, have no history here. To be frank, I see some things going on I don't wish to participate in. If you'd like to send me a private message, I'd be alright with that, but have real reservations carrying on in most of the public back and forth going on here, after getting trolled, and on close examination, so much baiting for disputes, disputing and error. It's a mistake to even reply to some, pretty evident what they're actually up to, so unprofitable, you know what I mean? But, if there's something you'd like to discuss, privately, and if you're pre-millennial and of literal Bible exegesis, that could be interesting. But I fear I'm not that other person you like discussing things with, whoever this was. God bless.

1 Thessalonians 1:8 For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing. 9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
From what I've read so far of your writings here, it seems as if we are very similar in beliefs and attitudes. HMFJ... you too, of course. Remember the group you and I use to be in on here? What was the name of it again? I think I met you there a few years ago. Anyway, we had some really good thought-provoking discussions then. Gotta admit I miss that, but looks like we have a good discourse here as well. However, not being here on this thread for very long, I seem to have missed out on things I suppose.

Hey Matthew, Yes I remember, it was a special blog for pre-trib believers, but that was before the forum format change. Can we even start blogs here on CF? It would be nice if we could do that again and exchange like minded ideas. We can do it on this thread though since this is the pre-trib safehouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthew-59
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Matthew-59. You seem to have me confused with somebody else. I just got a login, have no history here.
You misunderstood. I didn't mean it literally that we should get together for coffee and conversation. It was just kinda like a figure of speech. No worries. :)
Salem... I gotta have a sit-down coffee-time talk with you some day... and I don't even drink coffee! LOL :D From what I've read so far of your writings here, it seems as if we are very similar in beliefs and attitudes.
You'll notice from this point on I was talking to HMFJ....
HMFJ... you too, of course. Remember the group you and I use to be in on here? What was the name of it again? I think I met you there a few years ago. Anyway, we had some really good thought-provoking discussions then. Gotta admit I miss that, but looks like we have a good discourse here as well. However, not being here on this thread for very long, I seem to have missed out on things I suppose. So, aside from the dialog about the non-believers in a pre-trib rapture, what other things can we discuss here that is of a more positive message?
Here I was referring to you as is indicated in the parenthesis. :)
I do like those passages of scripture you (Salem) posted. They are some of my favorites.
It's my fault, I should have split the paragraphs better. :doh: Sorry for the confusion. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, I found the blogs and started one for pre-trib rapture,pre-millenium believers only. Salem, I understand the frustration you feel. I made the first post. Maybe we can have some meaningful discussions there. Here is the link.
http://www.christianforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/pre-trib-rapture-premillenium-believers-only.199472/
It wasn't a blog, but a group. I don't see any of those old groups on here anymore. I think they went away at the time of the format change here. So... We can just use this thread like we are already doing. This thread doesn't seem to move too fast, so I don't think a blog is needed... at least not for me. Maybe others will use it. :)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It wasn't a blog, but a group. I don't see any of those old groups on here anymore. I think they went away at the time of the format change here. So... We can just use this thread like we are already doing. This thread doesn't seem to move too fast, so I don't think a blog is needed... at least not for me. Maybe others will use it. :)
OK. Well it is started now. Maybe some pre-trib folks will enjoy posting there. :)

Upvote 0

GoodGRACEshus

Apr 25, 2016
Australia
✟17,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I reckon the more threads on the topic the better! There's a site called Gracethrufaith that was written by Jack Kelley, before he went to be with the Lord fairly recently, and he has done some good arguments on pre-Trib ....Think his wife keeps the site going by reposting the plethora of items....not likely to run out! Anyway, I used to pour over his works, the ones I agreed with, and really miss his new input:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I reckon the more threads on the topic the better! There's a site called Gracethrufaith that was written by Jack Kelley, before he went to be with the Lord fairly recently, and he has done some good arguments on pre-Trib ....Think his wife keeps the site going by reposting the plethora of items....not likely to run out! Anyway, I used to pour over his works, the ones I agreed with, and really miss his new input:)
Link?

Reactions: GoodGRACEshus
Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm guessing this is the main one. There might be more. I don't know.
https://gracethrufaith.com/

It seems like I've heard of Jack Kelley, but I don't think I've ever heard him speak or preach. I may take a cruise through his website and check out some of his writings or whatever I can find there. :)

Tadpole.... If you have any particular favorite messages of his, please provide a link to them. Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

GoodGRACEshus

Apr 25, 2016
Australia
✟17,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm guessing this is the main one. There might be more. I don't know.
https://gracethrufaith.com/

It seems like I've heard of Jack Kelley, but I don't think I've ever heard him speak or preach. I may take a cruise through his website and check out some of his writings or whatever I can find there. :)

Tadpole.... If you have any particular favorite messages of his, please provide a link to them. Thanks. :)

Hi. At the top of that page there's a search box, (the higher of the boxes) if you type in a fav topic,you will get much of what Jack wrote on the topic.....he was pre trib, premillennial, and one of my favorites....Once saved always saved OSAS. His understanding of the Hebrew and Greek words, that are often used to to alter meanings, helps get beyond those "truths surrounded by error". His gift for teaching is inspired, he is a great loss.

PS Down the RHS margin are links to his free books and some of his bible classes with his congregation are recorded. His work on Revelaton is really good and his Psalms is worth downloading.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoodGRACEshus

Apr 25, 2016
Australia
✟17,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think there is a lot of development to happen before the great tribulations that are prophesied to come on all the world. Christian believers would all be taken from this world before that, but as it is with those tribulations coming, those would happen right afterward. So such development would happen before Christian believers are taken. And there won't be Christian believers in the world right after that. The beast rising out of the sea in the vision in Revelation which corresponds to what is referred to in our discussions as the appearing of the Antichrist only would happen then. With no Christian believers there, he can make use of promotion as a Messiah for real betterment of this world with those in it, but he won't need to deceive others into believing he is Jesus Christ, as Christian believers are not there at that time. He would contradict Christ though and deceive people so as they won't believe in Christ. This far ahead it is so far off that it is unprofitable guessing to propose that any individual now known is that Antichrist, and I think the person becoming that would go through some profound and likely demonic change to be what he will be at that appearing.

The coming tribulations of those prophecies will be much worse than what has come to the world generally, what can happen in the developments before those can still be bad for things for us or for any to experience that we might consider, for what might be seen for us to do in these times.

Upvote 0