Pre-tribulation Rapture Believers Safe House

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to tell you, but your friend is teaching false doctrine: plain and simple. Jesus will come for His church before the 70th week begins.
Correct. That is the only way that the Man of Sin can be revealed. As long as the Church is on earth and the Divine Restrainer is on earth, Satan CANNOT take full control through the Antichrist.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Correct. That is the only way that the Man of Sin can be revealed. As long as the Church is on earth and the Divine Restrainer is on earth, Satan CANNOT take full control through the Antichrist.
RIGHT ON, Job8!

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The answer means nothing. It does not matter what other people think: what we want to know is what God thinks about it.

Sorry to tell you, but your friend is teaching false doctrine: plain and simple. Jesus will come for His church before the 70th week begins.

:) I was just wondering if it was true that the rest of the world thinks this way.

About timelines, I'm only convinced on this point... that a Christian is never subject to God's wrath. Rapture has been to me, the way to resolve this issue, but there are other ways I have considered to resolve it.

And that said, I agree 100% that what the rest of the world thinks doesn't matter. I learned some things recently, that no Christian knows about that I have ever heard... so it is like, well 100% of Christianity is deceived on this point, so what makes the Christians abroad so special? They can be ignorant just like the rest of us.

But I am curious as to what they believe out there! Do we have pre-trib people reading this outside the USA? Is it a common belief?

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Can someone explain how the seals work? I know that they will be opened during the tribulation but that's all I know. I always get confused when posttribers say that the rapture will happen after the seals but as a prettribber it doesn't make sense to me.

Makeup girl, please study the CONTEXT of the first seals. That would be the vision of the throne room in chapters 4 & 5. Look for "timing" (not as a word, but as something God is showing us there) and "the movement of time."

God asked me three questions on these two chapters. Please keep them in mind while studying.

1. Why did John not see Me at the right hand of the Father? There are over a dozen verses saying that is where I went.
2. Why was "no man found" in the first search John watched end in failure. (If you read again, you will find that I was found worthy in the next search.)
3. Why was the Holy Spirit still in the throne room in Chapter 4, when I said I would send Him down as soon as I ascended?

When you find the correct answer to these questions, you will have the timing of the first seals. In fact, an event in chapter 5 reveals this timing in one verse.

Pretrib is right, but I want you to be able to PROVE it by scripture!

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
:) I was just wondering if it was true that the rest of the world thinks this way.

About timelines, I'm only convinced on this point... that a Christian is never subject to God's wrath. Rapture has been to me, the way to resolve this issue, but there are other ways I have considered to resolve it.

And that said, I agree 100% that what the rest of the world thinks doesn't matter. I learned some things recently, that no Christian knows about that I have ever heard... so it is like, well 100% of Christianity is deceived on this point, so what makes the Christians abroad so special? They can be ignorant just like the rest of us.

But I am curious as to what they believe out there! Do we have pre-trib people reading this outside the USA? Is it a common belief?
Pretrib IS a common belief around the world. I know Christians in China that believe it, and Christians in Africa too.
Please send me a personal note about this secret no Christians know about.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is true that it is mainly the churches in the United States that understand this truth. But how many people understand a doctrine is no measure of its truth. The scriptures actually tell us that most people will reject the truth. The only thing that counts is what the Bible says.

But the detractors of this truth tell many lies about who did and did not believe it, and when it first began to be taught. The very oldest Christian commentary on Bible prophecy (of any significant length) which has survived to the present day, spoke of the evil of the world on general terms, and then said:

"And therefore, when in the end the Church shall be suddenly caught up from this, it is said, ‘There shall be tribulation such as has not been since the beginning, neither shall be.’ For this is the last contest of the righteous, in which, when they overcome they are crowned with incorruption.” (Against Heresies, by Irenaeus, book V, chapter XXIX, section 1)

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It is true that it is mainly the churches in the United States that understand this truth. But how many people understand a doctrine is no measure of its truth. The scriptures actually tell us that most people will reject the truth. The only thing that counts is what the Bible says.

But the detractors of this truth tell many lies about who did and did not believe it, and when it first began to be taught. The very oldest Christian commentary on Bible prophecy (of any significant length) which has survived to the present day, spoke of the evil of the world on general terms, and then said:

"And therefore, when in the end the Church shall be suddenly caught up from this, it is said, ‘There shall be tribulation such as has not been since the beginning, neither shall be.’ For this is the last contest of the righteous, in which, when they overcome they are crowned with incorruption.” (Against Heresies, by Irenaeus, book V, chapter XXIX, section 1)
Hi Bible Writer! Nice to read after you again! You are right, every day more detractors show up!

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Thanks for including what Irenaeus quoted Biblewriter. Some believe ,erroneously, that pre-trib is a fairly recent belief but Irenaeus was obviously a pre-trib believer.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pretrib IS a common belief around the world. I know Christians in China that believe it, and Christians in Africa too.
Please send me a personal note about this secret no Christians know about.

I get all kinds of stuff like this out of the Bible. People think I'm nuts, but God gives me a dream... and I think about the dream, and think about it, and read the scriptures about it. And then some years after he originally gave me the dream, I end up knowing a lot about it.

But it's like he put it in there in the first place, so I know it's him.

I think most Christians should be learning unique things from God!

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just finished posting this important article on another thread and believe it'll eventually get lost in the shuffle so I'm posting another copy here for as many people to see as possible. It touches on a very important topic most Christians didn't realized. I am only posting this to be informative and to reveal what Adam and Eve looked like in the garden and what everyone will look like someday at a time after the millennium when we will once again live with God in Him presence.

Here's the bible verse (Genesis 3:21) most scholars draw to a erroneous conclusion that after the fall, God had covered Adam and Eve with animal skin to hide their nudity. However, we see in Genesis 2:25 Adam and Eve were already naked and not ashamed of their appearance. After their fall when their eyes were opened, it's apparent they were not trying to cover nudity with fig leaves. Afterall, they were the only two people in the world, and God already knows what everyone looks like. So what was Adam and Eve truly trying to cover?

Genesis 3:21 New King James Version (NKJV)

Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

Genesis 2:25 New King James Version (NKJV)
And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
https://redeeminggod.com/first-sacrifice-genesis-3_21/

Did God Perform the First Sacrifice in Genesis 3:21?

Many believe that the first sacrifice was carried out by God Himself in Genesis 3:21 which says that God made tunics of skin for Adam and Eve so that they could be clothed.

Did God Sacrifice an Animal in Genesis 3:21?
Although the text says nothing about a sacrifice, many believe that a sacrifice is implied.

It is often taught that after the first sin was committed, God wanted to show Adam and Eve that sin has consequences, and so He slew an animal in front of them, and made clothes for them from the hide of the dead animal.

Some have even speculated that the animal was a lamb, thereby presenting a prophetical picture of Jesus, the Lamb of God, slain from the foundation of the world (Revelation 5:6; 13:8).

Furthermore, some have argued that in this death of the animal, God was teaching Adam and Eve the theological principle of substitutionary atonement. He had told Adam that if they ate of the fruit they would surely die, and so after they ate of the fruit, God should have killed them, but instead He killed an animal in their place.

But Did God Really Perform the First Sacrifice?
But is any of this really true? Did God really practice the first animal sacrifice? Was it truly a lamb? Did God intend for Adam and Eve to learn about substitutionary atonement?

Frankly, this seems to be an awful lot to read into one single verse which says nothing other than that “God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.”

The death of an animal is never mentioned.

A lamb is never mentioned.

Substitutionary atonement isn’t even inferred.
One other critical note to consider. Drawing the conclusion of an animal sacrifice would contradict what the bible teaches about God's dwelling place in the supernatural, a place that does not involve the presence any type of death.

The Mystery of God Revealed
ADAM AND EVE HAD BODIES CLOTHED WITH LIGHT

Read more here: http://themysteryofgodrevealed.com/?p=10

Two Natures in Adam [edit]
There are, however, two points of view regarding man's nature presented in the two Biblical stories of man's creation; and they are brought out more forcibly in the Haggadah. "Both worlds, heaven and earth, were to have a share in man's creation; hence the host of angels were consulted by the Lord when He said, 'Let us make man'" (Genesis i. 26, Genesis Rabba viii.). [2] His body reached from earth to heaven [or from one end of the world to the other] before sin caused him to sink" (Ḥag. 12a, Talmud tractate Sanhedrin 38b).[2] "He was of extreme beauty and sunlike brightness" (B. B. 58a).[2] "His skin was a bright garment, shining like his nails; when he sinned this brightness vanished, and he appeared naked" (Targum Yer. Gen. iii. 7; Genesis Rabba xi.).

But tradition often says that Adam and Eve had garments of light before the fall. When they ate the fruit, they lost their garment of light. Their glory or light was replaced with a garment of skin — their own skin, not that of animals.

http://www.deilataylor.com/the-lord-made-garments-of-skin/

1. From glory to nakedness. 132 Though “naked” because their knowledge of their premortal state had been taken away by a veil of forgetfulness, 133 Adam and Eve had come to Eden nonetheless “trailing clouds of glory.” 134 While the couple, as yet, were free from transgression, they could stand “naked” in God’s presence without shame, 135 being “clothed with purity” 136 in what early commentators called “garments of light” 137 or “garments of contentment.” 138 In one source, Eve describes her appearance by saying: “I was decked out like a bride, And I reclined in a wedding chamber of light.”139

http://templethemes.net/corrigenda/p. 236.pdf

Dialogue between Adam and Eve after the fall.

Adam says
My body was like the sun,
Scintillating with shining spirit.
It flowered with light, copy of God,
It was ranked among angels.

Eve says
I was decked out like a bride,
And I reclined in a wedding-chamber of light.
I rejoiced gloriously like a queen,
Scintillating as I shone anew.

https://books.google.com/books?id=FzcTDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA48&lpg=PA48&dq=my+body+was+like+the+sun+scintillating+with+shining+spirit&source=bl&ots=_z_Oe3Zbhq&sig=VhtDjmed1q_vPEsf2sJMR9aZD9c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM4LqcoaDPAhVBSGMKHUwnAvEQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=my body was like the sun scintillating with shining spirit&f=false

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Biblical Evidences

In the book of 1st Corinthians 15, Paul tells us we will someday not longer be in the image of man, but in the images of Christ after the "final" resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:47-49 Good News Translation (GNT)
47 The first Adam, made of earth, came from the earth; the second Adam came from heaven. 48 Those who belong to the earth are like the one who was made of earth; those who are of heaven are like the one who came from heaven.49 Just as we wear the likeness of the man made of earth, so we will wear the likeness of the Man from heaven.
Scriptures on the radiant appearance of Christ

Acts 9:3-5 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

Acts 22:6-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 “Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon, suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me. 7 And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?’ 8 So I answered, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said to me, ‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.’

2 Thessalonians 2:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

Isaiah 30:26-27
26 The light of the moon will be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven days, on the day the LORD binds up the fracture of His people and heals the bruise He has inflicted. 27 Behold, the name of the LORD comes from a remote place; Burning is His anger and dense is His smoke; His lips are filled with indignation And His tongue is like a consuming fire;

John 8:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

1 Peter 2:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Ephesians 5:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Therefore He says:
“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”

Luke 9:28-32 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray. 29 As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe became white and glistening. 30 And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah, 31 who appeared in glory and spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. 32 But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep; and when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men who stood with Him.

Colossians 1:15 Good News Translation (GNT)
Christ is the visible likeness of the invisible God. He is the first-born Son, superior to all created things.

About God

Psalm 104:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)
1 Bless the Lord, O my soul!
O Lord my God, You are very great:
You are clothed with honor and majesty,
2 Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment,
Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain.

1 Timothy 6:15-16 New King James Version (NKJV)
15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

Other Scriptures

After 40 days in the holy presence of God, Moses face had changed.

Exodus 34:29-30 New King James Version (NKJV)
29 Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the Testimony were in Moses’ hand when he came down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him. 30 So when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.

2 Corinthians 3:18 New King James Version (NKJV)

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Psalm 34:5 New King James Version (NKJV)
They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces were not ashamed.

Ecclesiastes 8:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
Who is like a wise man?
And who knows the interpretation of a thing?
A man’s wisdom makes his face shine,
And the sternness of his face is changed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The appearance of Adam and eve after the fall

After the sin, they fell from grace and lost what covered them: their glory (Garment of Light). Instead, they were instantly covered in extreme shame and disgrace which bear their sin to a point that they even hid themselves from God. In the future, some will be covered in everlasting contempt, while others will shine like heaven. And some will be as glorious like stars. Christ is the most righteous of all shines 7 times brighter than the sun, Isaiah 30:26-27.

Daniel 12:2-3
2 "Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. 3 "Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.

Matthew 13:43 New King James Version (NKJV)
Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Acts of righteousness and leading others to righteousness are very important while we still have time before Christ comes for the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Psalm3704.What I believe agrees with this article. I believe in the beginning our Spirit was the visible part of us because we were made in the image of God. But when man sinned man got turned inside out. Instead of being spirit, soul and body, man became body, soul and spirit, and so he is seen. People tell me that I glow sometimes. It is always after I have come out of intense prayer and worship. So yes I believe we will once again we will look the way we did in the beginning.

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Psalm3704.What I believe agrees with this article. I believe in the beginning our Spirit was the visible part of us because we were made in the image of God. But when man sinned man got turned inside out. Instead of being spirit, soul and body, man became body, soul and spirit, and so he is seen. People tell me that I glow sometimes. It is always after I have come out of intense prayer and worship. So yes I believe we will once again we will look the way we did in the beginning.

Yes that's correct, God made us in His own images. I forgot to mentioned that part in the post, as well as other things now coming to mind. But hopefully the most important message gets across to the readers. Our righteous acts will be reflected by our glorious appearance.

Something else I've realized not long ago concerning the parable of the tare. In verse 43, it saids "the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father." I've must of read this parable hundreds of times and never gave much thought to verse 43 until I've realized our true image is that of light.

It contains a hidden message of a pre-tribulation rapture within the parable.

When Christ is on earth performing His wrath upon the world, the righteous who were raptured are in the kingdom of the Father...which is heaven, while we wait there till after the indignation, Isaiah 26:20. There, we'll shine forth like the sun.

So some of us will get a chance to see our natural bodies in the image of God sooner and not have to wait till after the millennium to find out when God comes to dwell with man on earth.

Isn't it great? So much to look forward to as pre-trib.

Matthew 13:36-43 New King James Version (NKJV)
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.” 37 He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's possible that Adam and Eve were covered by light and when that light was taken from them they became naked ... but then after that God clothe them in his sacrifice to place animal skin until the light would return to man made possible through Christ

So I believe God did in fact sacrifice a lamb to clothe their nakedness and fed them ...perhaps meat was now a necessary supplement for longer life...a temporary fix until the promise of full redemption comes ... which is still yet to come ... then we will be clothe in Christ righteousness and glory and that light returns

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's possible that Adam and Eve were covered by light and when that light was taken from them they became naked ... but then after that God clothe them in his sacrifice to place animal skin until the light would return to man made possible through Christ.
I believe God did in fact sacrifice a lamb to clothe their nakedness and fed them ...perhaps meat was now a necessary supplement for longer life...a temporary fix until the promise of full redemption comes ... which is still yet to come ... then we will be clothe in Christ righteousness and glory and that light returns

In this newly introduced topic if we really see what is written in the scriptures about it, and nothing else, we can understand that Adam and Eve, our first ancestors, in the perfect creation from Yahweh God were made naked. They looked like natural human beings, not clothed, as clothes had not been made, but without flaws and not lacking in some way. With sin they were guilty and worthy of dying, but appearance was not changed. They had been deceived to think that they would be like gods, but there is not basis to say they appeared differently, and they could see they still resembled some animals in some ways. They did want to be hidden, the strange act of suddenly putting leaves on themselves had some explanation from that. No mention is made of an animal put to death for them, yet giving them tunics of skin was graciously aiding them by showing how they could have protection in the now cursed world with hardships there where they would be left that called for such precautions and protections. Meat was certainly not permitted, it was not for us in the perfect creation, and was never permitted until vegetation to feed humanity was not immediately available after the worldwide flood, and the curse of animals generally being in fear of humanity was given, another negative thing after others that was change from the perfection in creation. Meat even then wasn't commanded for humans, and only after that was it permitted with making sacrifice, and was truly tied to that. God did for shadow the need for Christ who was to come with his atoning sacrifice, in reality the only effective one, he has come accomplishing that, and animals really don't have to still be killed for any of us.

• Agree
Reactions: Biblewriter
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 15:47-54 say Adam was earthly and Jesus was from heaven .. just as we bear the earthly flesh of Adam we will bear the image or heavenly body as Christ have now ...we will be radiant as Christ by way of change from moral to immortal

First Adam was just flesh ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 3:14

This is a possible rapture scripture

I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

The prize of entering heaven calling us home

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's possible that Adam and Eve were covered by light and when that light was taken from them they became naked ... but then after that God clothe them in his sacrifice to place animal skin until the light would return to man made possible through Christ

IMHO it is more like their light went out when Adam sinned. When we are regenerated in the born again experience, the light gets turned back on, but it is inside us , hidden, but enhanced by the Holy Spirit. Paul says it like this

2 Cor. 4:
6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

The earthen vessels are our bodies created from the dust of the Earth.Our bodies are temples for the Holy Spirit to dwell in. At the rapture, we shall be changed.And our bodies will once again clothed in light. We shall be Spirit, soul and body once again.:clap: :clap:.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IMHO it is more like their light went out when Adam sinned. When we are regenerated in the born again experience, the light gets turned back on, but it is inside us , hidden, but enhanced by the Holy Spirit. Paul says it like this

2 Cor. 4:
6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

The earthen vessels are our bodies created from the dust of the Earth.Our bodies are temples for the Holy Spirit to dwell in. At the rapture, we shall be changed.And our bodies will once again clothed in light. We shall be Spirit, soul and body once again.:clap: :clap:.

I somewhat agree .. only light is knowledge of all that Jesus and his father is for the believer

Personally I don't believe the Holy Spirit dwells within a man .the Holy Spirit is in it self a being of god .I believe we are already body soul and spirit....

when the Bible says the spirit dwells within a Temple, it refers to his knowledge or light of Jesus and his father to the bearing of fruit within a believer .... that when we recieve that knowledge and light of Jesus and the father within us, it is by the Holy Spirit workings in us ....

it is as if we have the Holy Spirit within us when we believe, submit and obey the will of God conserning the new covenant and all that it implies.....

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Personally I don't believe the Holy Spirit dwells within a man .the Holy Spirit is in it self a being of god .I believe we are already body soul and spirit....
Hey brother. You believe what a lot of Christians believe. And that is why the church is lacking power. The Holy Spirit is so much more than just knowledge of God. He is God, and He lives within us. If you don't believe He dwells within you, then ask our Father to come into you. Yes we are body, soul and spirit, even now, our human spirit is shrouded by our bodies. But we will be changed later to where the body will be shrouded with the spirit.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey brother. You believe what a lot of Christians believe. And that is why the church is lacking power. The Holy Spirit is so much more than just knowledge of God. He is God, and He lives within us. If you don't believe He dwells within you, then ask our Father to come into you. Yes we are body, soul and spirit, even now, our human spirit is shrouded by our bodies. But we will be changed later to where the body will be shrouded with the spirit.

I have asked all the time... I don't believe the church lacks power .. we ask ..we recieve .. I've seen a lot of miracles within the churches...god answers prayers sis .. yes I agree the Holy Spirit is a being therefore cannot live inside us ... but indeed works in us

Upvote 0