enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But you know something? Mainly I don't care who he is, am looking for Jesus Christ to come, not antichrist! Lord willing, I'd rather not know who he is, another tin-plated dictator we've seen enough of in our miserable history. The sooner forgotten, the better. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Amen!:amen:

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 27:4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. 5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Amen

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness." ~ Psalms 17:15

At the exact moment of the rapture... this will be every Christian's reality. For now it's something very good and positive to think about and remember, as we proceed through these dark days of immorality everywhere we look. The day is coming when all of this will be gone, and we shall see Him face to face in Heaven as He calls His children to come home. Amen!!! :)

Reminded of this song....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You don't see Old Testament pointers to the rapture as much. I like this teaching as to the character and mercy of our unchanging God, boggles the mind how people believe the Lord, who would spare an entire city if ten righteous people could be found, and did spare Lot and some of his, that this same God is somehow going to engage in wrath against His spotless, forgiven bride. He would somehow spare Sodom for ten, but not millions of His own children, those His very children in Christ, declared wholly blameless and uncondemned?

Genesis 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. 22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD. 23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? 24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein? 25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? 26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes. 27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes: 28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it. 29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake. 30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there. 31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake. 32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake. 33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

Add to that the Lord spared Noah and family, and the New Testament teaching of the Lord Jesus clear the end times would be just as those times of Noah and Lot.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Thought to add something of this beautiful passage in Genesis, that is how endearing both Abraham and the Lord are, Abraham so lovingly trying to intercede and, unfortunately, way out of his depth and groping in the dark, probably not the city guy, like Lot, and unaware how bad things were, asking the Lord not to get angry at him bargaining with the God of the universe, a marathon bargaining down that would surely irritate any merchant. But we have the Lord, as patient and merciful as could be, not getting angry with Abraham, as Abraham feared He surely must be getting, rather they get down to ten, and the Lord simply goes His way at the end of that business, showing all patience and willingness to oblige, and not one word of rebuke for Abraham. It's just an account I find a thing of beauty, that speaks to our Lord that listens and cares.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I just noticed something that finally dawned on me what wasn't sitting right. There's the thread Post-tribulation Rapture Believers Safe House. No big deal, but isn't that sort of oxymoronic? A post-trib safe house? Wouldn't Post-tribulation Rapture Believers Bunker, or maybe Cave, be better suited?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I just noticed something that finally dawned on me what wasn't sitting right. There's the thread Post-tribulation Rapture Believers Safe House. No big deal, but isn't that sort of oxymoronic? A post-trib safe house? Wouldn't Post-tribulation Rapture Believers Bunker, or maybe Cave, be better suited?
LOL! ^_^

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's hilarious! :D I hadn't thought of that, but gotta admit surprise that I hadn't. It does sound like something I woulda thunkt up. Haahaaa!! :D Of course, we mean no offense to those of different beliefs on this subject of the rapture, but yet gotta agree that what you say does make sense. Do ya thinks we outta tell 'em about this? :eek: :doh::swoon:
On second thought and consideration, I guess "safe house" is exactly what they will need for those seven years, so in that regard it does make sense to call it that. :)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just being charitable, Handmaid, trying to find at least some small way of helping the post-tribbers attain to some harmony.
Yes they will need some after the rapture if they are still here. I have often thought that with all of us rapture believers, pre, mid, and post, that we will go when we believe we will.

Reactions: Salem
Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes they will need some after the rapture if they are still here. I have often thought that with all of us rapture believers, pre, mid, and post, that we will go when we believe we will.
I've thought of that too, but do not believe that will be the case. We will go when Jesus opens the doors of Heaven and calls His bride home... pre-tribulation time. Of course, there will be those who get saved during the trib seven. I've entertained the thought that "maybe" there could be a second rapture, and it could be mid-trib. However, I see no biblical proof for such a belief, so at this point without further study and proof, do not espouse that theory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've thought of that too, but do not believe that will be the case. We will go when Jesus opens the doors of Heaven and calls His bride home... pre-tribulation time. Of course, there will be those who get saved during the trib seven. I've entertained the thought that "maybe" there could be a second rapture, and it could be mid-trib. However, I see no biblical proof for such a belief, so at this point without further study and proof, do not espouse that theory.
I agree. It was just a thought I thunk a while ago.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oooo... There actually will be a second rapture! I had forgotten about the two witnesses. However, that rapture will only include those two guys... as far as I know.
It does not say others would be included, but, I guess they could be. Interesting!

Upvote 0

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It does not say others would be included, but, I guess they could be. Interesting!
Another thought to go along with this is.... Remember how it was that saints of old had risen from the dead when Jesus was on the cross? "Maybe" when the two witnesses get raised from the dead after the three days and then raptured up, those who had been beheaded during the trib seven up to that point might go up too. But yeah, I don't see anything indicating that will happen. It's just a theory for now.

Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's hilarious! :D I hadn't thought of that, but gotta admit surprise that I hadn't. It does sound like something I woulda thunkt up. Haahaaa!! :D Of course, we mean no offense to those of different beliefs on this subject of the rapture, but yet gotta agree that what you say does make sense. Do ya thinks we outta tell 'em about this? :eek: :doh::swoon:
On second thought and consideration, I guess "safe house" is exactly what they will need for those seven years, so in that regard it does make sense to call it that. :)

Honestly, there was something off in that title I couldn't put my finger on, every time that thread list came up. Would agree that we shouldn't be of any gratuitous offense, beyond rebuke, though I do find their doctrine offensive to the Person of the Lord, claiming He is one to pour out His wrath on His bride so out of character and slanderous of Him, tries to make lies of His promises, so opposed to a large body of scripture that refutes these claims. I do see it a matter of truth, versus deception, and have also noted, with many people, including some large, fundamentalist ministries suddenly getting hate mail, the often very mean and hateful people who oppose the pre-tribulation rapture, that some are angry to censor even talk of the pre-tribulation rapture. We've all concluded there's something there the devil really hates, displaying itself like the venom of anti-Semites.

So, I am more concerned with truth, worry little about offending some people who are, day in and day out, offensive themselves. I've heard every foolishness. That I'll take the mark of the beast, will think the antichrist is Christ. That I'm demon possessed, or under the influence of demonic doctrine. Ironically, often that we won't be ready for Christ, we who are watching for Him, they the ones looking for the coming of antichrist, not Jesus Christ, with a doctrine that denies scripture admonitions of His imminent return, at a time we don't know. I don't know about you, but show me the antichrist on TV, making some seven year covenant involving Israel, and I know when Christ returns to the earth, this even saying no need to be watchful of that for seven more years. No coming as a thief in the night in their construct. Is that not so? You can therefore add in that their whole deceptive scenario is offensive to anybody's common sense reading of clear scripture. In essence, they're saying we need not be watching for the Lord, a violation of the Lord's commandments to be watchful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthew-59
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

You have the teaching of the virgins without oil in their lamps, and also this interesting teaching, commandment of the Lord Jesus:

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The Lord is stating here there is a watchfulness and a worthiness factor involved. This is reason to be most concerned for anybody denying the very truth of the blessed hope and so deceiving others. They are not watchful for the Lord, rather are watchful for antichrist, or like Amillennialists denying the whole body of truth, and they could not be praying to escape anything, while refuting that very escape. It is also a valid question how so many could so misunderstand scripture and have the Holy Spirit. Why are they not led into truth? Their exegesis seems to have no oil in the lamp, and sound doctrine is only spiritually discerned: no Spirit, no Bible understanding of deeper truths, just confused people. (And what do you know, many of them angry, confused people. Is that of the Spirit?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Something else, which could be a weird thought, but I've noticed those against the pre-tribulation rapture specialize in refuting those who believe in it, too many like trolls, as mentioned often angry, threatening and condemning, inanely baiting and spoiling for a fight. Many have this narrow interest, to argue with pre-tribulation people. You see them in forums and caring about little else, no interest in a myriad of other Bible subjects. I'm new here, and could be wrong, but notice something. The post-tribulation cave hasn't been posted in since April 26. Why don't they seem to want to celebrate and expand upon their post-tribulation rapture, among themselves?

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthew-59
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Something else, which could be a weird thought, but I've noticed those against the pre-tribulation rapture specialize in refuting those who believe in it, too many like trolls, as mentioned often angry, threatening and condemning, inanely baiting and spoiling for a fight. Many have this narrow interest, to argue with pre-tribulation people. You see them in forums and caring about little else, no interest in a myriad of other Bible subjects. I'm new here, and could be wrong, but notice something. The post-tribulation cave hasn't been posted in since April 26. Why don't they seem to want to celebrate and expand upon their post-tribulation rapture, among themselves?

No hope.

Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Was thinking the same thing, rather dreary, to look forward to the cursed hopelessness, watching and waiting for the devil. Comfort one another with these words? Noticed something else, the post-trib thread has 17 pages, the pre-trib 36. But it's generally the case post-tribbers swamp threads where there are pre-tribbers present. Strange anomaly, is that not? The lady doth protest too much?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Was thinking the same thing, rather dreary, to look forward to the cursed hopelessness, watching and waiting for the devil. Comfort one another with these words? Noticed something else, the post-trib thread has 17 pages, the pre-trib 36. But it's generally the case post-tribbers swamp threads where there are pre-tribbers present. Strange anomaly, is that not? The lady doth protest too much?
You get used to it. But don't let it squash you optimism and your hope.

Upvote 0