Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We've all experienced doubt in our faith and lately I've been going through the most severe which I've ever faced. Being in a part of the country where the mentality of ordinary people is a complete 180 from what I was raised in does not make this any easier.

I need your prayers. I've experienced doubt on and off many times in the last few years, but this is the worst and my only fear is that I may not overcome it.
Thank you.

Reactions: seashale76

bojoloko

Aug 1, 2014
Bulgaria
✟15,144.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Go on, borther, we have all passed and know what it is like.
My hope is the Father, my refuge is the Son, my shelter is the Holy Spirit, O Holy Trinity, Glory to You.
O all-praised Mother Who didst bear the Word, holiest of all the saints, accept now our offering, and deliver us from all misfortune, and rescue from the torment to come those that cry to Thee: Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
EC - hang in there. This time will pass.

Prayers for you :crosseo:
Yeah... I tell myself that too its just the outcome that worries me! ^_^

I mean, I've had my faith my entire life whether as a Roman Catholic or Orthodox (minus that Atheism experiment in high school), so in one way, shape or form having faith has always been a part of what defines me no matter how well I keep a fast or not. Without it, who would I be? I don't want to lose it, but man, the situation here does make it very interesting.

Thank you everyone. I'm going to need it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah... I tell myself that too its just the outcome that worries me! ^_^

I mean, I've had my faith my entire life whether as a Roman Catholic or Orthodox (minus that Atheism experiment in high school), so in one way, shape or form having faith has always been a part of what defines me no matter how well I keep a fast or not. Without it, who would I be? I don't want to lose it, but man, the situation here does make it very interesting.

Thank you everyone. I'm going to need it!

I would add that the fact that you keep saying you don't want to lose it, shows that God is there. if He wasn't there, there would be no loss, and you would not care. I think the fact that you do care says a lot.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You have my prayers. :crosseo:

I would add that the fact that you keep saying you don't want to lose it, shows that God is there. if He wasn't there, there would be no loss, and you would not care. I think the fact that you do care says a lot.

I think what Matt said makes a lot of sense. Surely God has a hand on you, my brother.

Lord have mercy on Your servant.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Took some time for myself this weekend to ask all the big religious questions... Yes, I'm still a believer, just one who is not happy with life on many levels at the moment. You could say that I'm a bit angry with God, but that is to be worked out.

What situation?
Being a single military person who is incredibly lonely because I work in the middle of the night, there's hardly anyone of my own generation at the churches in the area and I'm on the east coast when I've been a west coaster my whole life which means that that culture here is drastically different. It does not help that Orthodoxy here is much more tribal and resembles more of an ethnic ghetto (even for the American converts) than a Church. It also does not help that I'm in the military which for many people means, "better not get too attached to this one since he'll be gone in a few years anyway". But little do they realize that it is precisely that attitude which is why most military people and people of my age are becoming increasingly more anti-religious (ironic ain't it? ;))
What makes it all worse it that society puts being in a relationship on such a high pedestal that God forbid there is anything in the area that is directed towards the single people other than getting drunk or being promiscuous or some combination thereof. The single life is difficult when in an area that is so "family friendly" that you get glares for walking in any public place alone. It is one thing that I miss about the Pacific Northwest: even in Seattle you can go places alone without being looked down on because you don't have your own family.

Basically fighting a battle so uphill that it appears vertical, but I've decided that I refuse to let it get me down and no matter how much I'm despising the east coast I'm going to make the best of it :preach:

But for the rest of you, keep the prayers coming. I can't pray for me alone!

Upvote 0