DrCIH

Nov 4, 2011
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
✟7,816.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now I'm in trouble. I know I've been having colitis for some time, and I was healing it, but today I'm worse than ... ever. I have blood and mucus when I go to the toilet and I went 6-10 times today. I'm afraid if it's an ulclerative colitis. I don't know what to do. I'm desperate.

But I am not mad at God, I'm just asking what caused it. Where I did wrong, I tried to love everyone and live according to the Christ. I'm wondering if the devil is causing it, or God is punishing me for something. May the mighty God help me :).

Macarius

Progressive Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2007
The Ivory Tower
✟52,122.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now I'm in trouble. I know I've been having colitis for some time, and I was healing it, but today I'm worse than ... ever. I have blood and mucus when I go to the toilet and I went 6-10 times today. I'm afraid if it's an ulclerative colitis. I don't know what to do. I'm desperate.

But I am not mad at God, I'm just asking what caused it. Where I did wrong, I tried to love everyone and live according to the Christ. I'm wondering if the devil is causing it, or God is punishing me for something. May the mighty God help me :).

Illness is not due to sin (the book of Job makes that very, very clear), but rather an inherited part of our human mortality. In a broad sense, the fact that we live in a sinful world and are sinful people ourselves means that we must suffer and die in order for God to break us down and refashion us as He intended.

Do not blame yourself for your colitis any more than you blame yourself for the fact that you get hungry, need to sleep, etc. This is just your body doing its thing. It isn't a matter of guilt.

What you do in response to this is very, very simple. Go to a doctor; ask them to prescribe anti-colitis medications, and take them faithfully. We cannot demand miracles from God when He has already provided the means we need. As an example, if I needed money, it would be prideful for me to ask God to give me money miraculously if He's already given me a good job that provides what I need.

God gave human beings excellent brains, and those brains have figured out how to suppress colitis symptoms so that your body can live more healthfully. That's a miracle - that God gave us the ability to do that. Take that miracle with thanksgiving, and go see a doctor.

Don't blame yourself for human frailty. God HIMSELF died on the cross - did He sin? Are we better than Him that we, who ARE sinners, should go through life without sufferings?

But don't fail to act. When God gives us the means to end our suffering, that means He does not want us to persist in it. As soon as you can, get to a doctor and start pursuing a healthy body.

I hope that helps...

In Christ,
Macarius

Upvote 0

DrCIH

Nov 4, 2011
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
✟7,816.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all :).

Macarius, I understand you. Problem is in Sunday all the stupid doctors are there :). I'm gonna go in Monday. And I know whats gonna happen to me. They are going to send e into the hospital and make me whats called colonoscopy. I've been through this :). Then if I have ulclerative colitis ... then the hell begins. Macarius, I will listen to you. I'll do everything possible to heal myself and pray that God will help me, but believe me when I'm saying that the medicine can do very little to help me. Let's hope it's not that :).

In Christ,
Kostadin :)

Upvote 0
S

SoulFoodEater

Take holy communion as well. I was suffering from a bad illness a while ago, I took no medicine except for vitamin supplements and holy communion for a while, now I am in much better health... I would recommend this only if you cannot afford a doctor or medicine.

When I was sick I went to a doctor but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me and I ended up wasting my money on useless biopsies. So I promised myself I would not go back to a doctor because of the great waste it was (it was like a $2,000 biopsy).

But I agree with Macarius, doctors and medicine were given to us by the Lord for our healing, the Wisdom of Sirach says this.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

I am glad things are better now, but if it happens again and you are concerned, See your doctor. The worry will contribute to more stress, and as far as I know (I am no expert) that might make the symptoms worse. Don't look for a reason; sometimes life just is not nice to us.

Lord, have mercy,
Christ, have mercy,
Lord, have mercy. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

DrCIH

Nov 4, 2011
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
✟7,816.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am glad things are better now, but if it happens again and you are concerned, See your doctor. The worry will contribute to more stress, and as far as I know (I am no expert) that might make the symptoms worse. Don't look for a reason; sometimes life just is not nice to us.

Lord, have mercy,
Christ, have mercy,
Lord, have mercy. :crossrc:

Oh yeees I went to the doctor :). They did nothing but offered me to make a colonoscopy - don't ask me what it is :D. So, Lord have mercy and thank you that I am OK now :).

Upvote 0

Macarius

Progressive Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2007
The Ivory Tower
✟52,122.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeees I went to the doctor :). They did nothing but offered me to make a colonoscopy - don't ask me what it is :D. So, Lord have mercy and thank you that I am OK now :).

Did you have the colonoscopy to confirm that it isn't ulcerative colitis? How do you know it was merely viral?

Ulcerative colitis can be intermitent (e.g. come and go on its own); so far as I know only a colonoscopy can confirm and, if it IS UC, you need to be on maintenance medications to prevent flare-ups. The more flareups you have, the more likely you are to develop colon cancer (a frequent cause of death for those who have colitis).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums