United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everybody,

I’m typing this today in a scared panic,something that really worried me was when I was reading John and came across 1 John 4:20.Something that really scared me was that I actually hate a few groups of people and some individuals in society that I’m not directly involved to.I tried to look into some wisdom articles from Got Questions,but I found them not assuring.Some of these groups I don’t demonstrate hate for,but hate them for their attitudes and lack of respect for God.these people include(I’m not flaming,I’m explaining) tbe Taliban(For killing Christians),Seth McFarlane(For blaspheming,insulting,mocking,and humiliating God),Actors and workers in inappropriate contentography(Because of their disgusting behavior).These are the only people I can think of.And it’s scared me very badly to think I’m a false convert,a walker in darkness,a liar,and unsaved person.It really cuts me scared deep.And I’m scared I don’t know God

Last edited:

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi everybody,

I’m typing this today in a scared panic,something that really worried me was when I was reading John and came across 1 John 4:20.Something that really scared me was that I actually hate a few groups of people and some individuals in society that I’m not directly involved to.I tried to look into some wisdom articles from Got Questions,but I found them not assuring.Some of these groups I don’t demonstrate hate for,but hate their attitudes and lack of respect for God.these people include(I’m not flaming,I’m explaining) tbe Taliban(For killing Christians),Seth McFarlane(For blaspheming,insulting,mocking,and humiliating God),Actors and workers in inappropriate contentography(Because of their disgusting behavior).These are the only people I can think of.And it’s scared me very badly to think I’m a false convert,a walker in darkness,a liar,and unsaved person.It really cuts me scared deep.And I’m scared I don’t know God

Honestly, we should all be scared, there is a spiritual war going on! The scripture sheds insight on how to walk in light and how Jesus knows us.

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

It is God’s will that we keep His commandments though love and faith. It shows we place our trust in His works and not our own. Exodus 32:16 His unedited version found in Exodus 20

I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.” Pslams 40:8
Which is God’s New Covenant Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

God has one people and there is one God and God’s people keep His commandments through love and faith. Revelation 14:12, Revelation 12:17, Revelation 22:14, Romans 3:31 1 John 5:3, Exodus 20:6

The biggest hoax in Christianity is that we no longer need to keep God’s Ten Commandments that God personally wrote with His own finger Exodus 31:18 and keeps in God’s heavenly Temple where He dwells Revelation 11:19 or that they were modified despite God stating not to change one word Deut 4:2, Proverbs 30:5-6. All of God’s commandments are Truth Psalms 119:151 and righteous Pslams 119:172 those who keep not the commandments there is no truth and Jesus does not know them 1 John 2:3-5 Matthew 7:21-23 because His people hear His voice and follow Him wherever He goes John 10:27 and Jesus kept the commandments as our example to follow John 15:10 and gives us His Spirit so we can keep them if we want to. John 14:15-18, Acts 5:32.

Those who do not keep God’s law or follow His Word there is no light. Isaiah 8:20 His Word is a light to our path Pslams 119:105 and Jesus said if you love Me keep My commandments John 14:15 follow the Lamb!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi everybody,

I’m typing this today in a scared panic,something that really worried me was when I was reading John and came across 1 John 4:20.Something that really scared me was that I actually hate a few groups of people and some individuals in society that I’m not directly involved to.I tried to look into some wisdom articles from Got Questions,but I found them not assuring.Some of these groups I don’t demonstrate hate for,but hate them for their attitudes and lack of respect for God.these people include(I’m not flaming,I’m explaining) tbe Taliban(For killing Christians),Seth McFarlane(For blaspheming,insulting,mocking,and humiliating God),Actors and workers in inappropriate contentography(Because of their disgusting behavior).These are the only people I can think of.And it’s scared me very badly to think I’m a false convert,a walker in darkness,a liar,and unsaved person.It really cuts me scared deep.And I’m scared I don’t know God

I would get this book: The Epistles of John

No Excuse, Sir! (1 John 4:20–5:5) – Grace Evangelical Society

Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi everybody,

I understand your concern but how do you think God feels about those same people? I believe that God hates their sin but love them as His creations, we are called to do the same, hope that helps you.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi everybody,

I’m typing this today in a scared panic,something that really worried me was when I was reading John and came across 1 John 4:20.Something that really scared me was that I actually hate a few groups of people and some individuals in society that I’m not directly involved to.
The apostle Paul used to try and get Christians condemned, jailed and killed - as "Saul". He calls himself the "Chief of sinners". You probably would have "hated him too". But now I bet you think very highly of him.

Hate the sin not the sinner because if the sinner were to be a converted saint tomorrow you would love their work just as you love the Apostle Paul. It does no good to direct hate against the lost - and we praise God that at any moment we might hear that they are now converted and they too hate their former way of life. God died so that they may be saved - join God in praying that they be converted.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The apostle Paul used to try and get Christians condemned, jailed and killed - as "Saul". He calls himself the "Chief of sinners". You probably would have "hated him too". But now I bet you think very highly of him.

Hate the sin not the sinner because if the sinner were to be a converted saint tomorrow you would love their work just as you love the Apostle Paul. It does no good to direct hate against the lost - and we praise God that at any moment we might hear that they are now converted and they too hate their former way of life. God died so that they may be saved - join God in praying that they be converted.
Thanks bob,I feel the same way for anyone,if a inappropriate contentography worker,atheist,homosexual repents and converts I’d love them very much.But since I found myself harboring such bitterness against them for awhile I worry I was walking In darkness and scared I’ve not been a real Christian

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks bob,I feel the same way for anyone,if a inappropriate contentography worker,atheist,homosexual repents and converts I’d love them very much.But since I found myself harboring such bitterness against them for awhile I worry I was walking In darkness and scared I’ve not been a real Christian
Set your mind to imagining the joy that you and Christ will have if tomorrow that person repents and accepts Christ as their savior. Let your mind focus on light and not darkness. Pray for those you hate by imagining in that prayer the joy in heaven at their turn to repentance.

Take a look at this world-class international commentary on the life of Christ Desire of Ages
Take note of the times Christ had to deal with opposition and how he reacted.

Upvote 0