Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a very good friend that I've known most of my time at this college. I've always thought highly of him, and I don't that about many people. This is a guy I genuinely respect, and though I know he's flawed, he's someone I've really appreciated in my life.

I think he just got kicked out of college. I don't know the details, but I saw him moving out Monday, and I heard bits of a tense conversation between him, his dad, and someone else. I've heard a bit about the incident that led to this; suffice it to say that he just did something stupid that I'm sure he regrets. I haven't seen him since, and he hasn't replied to my e-mails (though to be fair, he never did anyway!;)).

He was Christian-ish, believing in Christ, and wanting to learn more about the Bible. I had high hopes for him, especially when I saw that we were put in neighboring dorms this year. I feel like all is lost; we could've had so many good Christian discussions, and he thought as highly of me as I did of him. I don't know what to do; if he doesn't respond to my messages, I don't have any other manner of contacting him. I just gave him a Rosary a few days before this happened. He wore a necklace with an Egyptian pagan symbol, but he said he would prefer a cross; he only wore the Egyptian symbol because he didn't have anything else, and still wanted some kind of spiritual protection.

I just want to raise him up in prayer. I trust God, and I suppose it's natural & noble for me to continue to feel a little desolate over my friend. I'm not sure if I'll ever see him again.

Thank you.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think he just got kicked out of college. I don't know the details, but I saw him moving out Monday, and I heard bits of a tense conversation between him, his dad, and someone else. I've heard a bit about the incident that led to this; suffice it to say that he just did something stupid that I'm sure he regrets. I haven't seen him since, and he hasn't replied to my e-mails (though to be fair, he never did anyway!;)).

Well I pray that he receives wisdom and instruction on how to use his various talents, skills and aptitudes. It's possible this could be a hidden blessing.

I know from personal experience that folks don't always benefit financially from college. If he for instance has any kind of blue collar aptitude with being mechanically inclined their are a number of trades that he can do extremely well in like welding, plumbing, being a mechanic etc. And even other more white collar ones like IT, he might be better off going to a trade school that focuses on that (hands on computer repair) then getting a four year degree where he has to study literature and other things that have no bearing on his profession.

Interesting I listen to online journalist Tim Pool and he talks about this every so often. He is a successful journalist who did not go to college for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(Just give it time. I'm sure he'll contact you once the dust settles.)

Yes Lord we pray for this friend and that you'd be with him at this time of great turmoil. We pray you use all this to draw him closer to the Lord Jesus. Thanks for Unofficial Reverand Alex is there for him when he's ready. May he turn back to this friendship and may he know Christian love and you use all this in his life for the better. In Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0