Visit site
✟1,013,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for the health of my brother in law and sister in law (chronic illnesses), and the overall well-being of my young nephew and niece, as it is difficult for them to understand and process it all.

• Prayers
Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for the health of my brother in law and sister in law (chronic illnesses), and the overall well-being of my young nephew and niece, as it is difficult for them to understand and process it all.

Lord have mercy!

(sorry, just saw this post)

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Update on Katya - she can talk and remember, but her vision is severely impaired. Still in rehab. Thanks for your prayers!
Update on Katya - she came to church with her husband, eyesight fully restored.Her hair was cut off, is slowly growing back. Thanks to all of you who sent up prayers!! From nearly certainly dead to fully restored is quite a miracle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
and if you could pray for my kid as our first round of ear infections has reared its ugly head.
Been there, done that. Lord, have mercy!

I have a photo of doing one of those ear suppository-candle things to my older daughter. It's weird for Americans to see in treating ear infection; I certainly had never heard of it. I even posted it once, and said we were teaching kids to smoke out of their ears.
1_525512f5d9e1d525512f5d9e79.jpg

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Been there, done that. Lord, have mercy!

I have a photo of doing one of those ear suppository-candle things to my older daughter. It's weird for Americans to see in treating ear infection; I certainly had never heard of it. I even posted it once, and said we were teaching kids to smoke out of their ears.
1_525512f5d9e1d525512f5d9e79.jpg

thanks rus! and my wife was told of the candle thingie and it did help.

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
thanks rus! and my wife was told of the candle thingie and it did help.
There's actually a funny story from when my oldest was a baby and I was a grad student at the Russian School. He had a high temperature, and the (Russian) women all told my wife "Get svechki!" (the word for "candles". They got me to call the local pharmacy, as I'm the American, and I told the woman who answered the situation, and said that we are asking for something like birthday candles to put in his butt. The woman figured out that we meant suppositories, something I had had no experience with, and I picked them up with no problem. But 30 years later, I still get rubbed for that one...

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There's actually a funny story from when my oldest was a baby and I was a grad student at the Russian School. He had a high temperature, and the (Russian) women all told my wife "Get svechki!" (the word for "candles". They got me to call the local pharmacy, as I'm the American, and I told the woman who answered the situation, and said that we are asking for something like birthday candles to put in his butt. The woman figured out that we meant suppositories, something I had had no experience with, and I picked them up with no problem. But 30 years later, I still get rubbed for that one...

haha, nice

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Asking for prayers. Despair is ramping up. Several of our local priests who expressed opposition to the war have been moved/replaced/punished for doing so. I'm losing faith in the Russian Church altogether. I have nowhere to go, but the local institution is clearly serving the masters of this world rather than the Master of the next.

I was a lead defender of Russia until this current madness. Now I can't defend anything, feel betrayed myself, and have nowhere and no one to turn to. Even saying this is risky for me.

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Asking for prayers. Despair is ramping up. Several of our local priests who expressed opposition to the war have been moved/replaced/punished for doing so. I'm losing faith in the Russian Church altogether. I have nowhere to go, but the local institution is clearly serving the masters of this world rather than the Master of the next.

I was a lead defender of Russia until this current madness. Now I can't defend anything, feel betrayed myself, and have nowhere and no one to turn to. Even saying this is risky for me.
Saint Philip of Moscow, pray for the servant of God Peter!

Lord, have mercy!

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0