California
✟3,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
We all have private lives and private things we do that aren’t the concern of anyone else. If someone tried to ask us questions on private things in our private lives, and therefore commit a deeply intrusive act, we would rightfully tell them it’s none of their business. But what if someone were watching the private acts that take place in your private life, observing you in your most intimate moments that no one needs to know about, then telling you that he doesn’t like it. Next he tells you he will punish you over these private, intimate acts that aren’t any of his business, then he actually harms you over it as a "punishment."

Believe it or not, this is exactly what God is doing to me.

Like I said, it’s a private subject, so I don’t want to elaborate on the precise details of what is happening, though you’ve probably already figured out that it’s a subject related to my intimate behaviors that no one else, including God, needs to know about.

I’m very angry at God. I’ve been engaging in normal sexual behaviors that everyone else does, but God is apparently watching me do it. Then he punishes and harms me over it because he thinks my conduct, which isn’t any of his business, is sinful (it’s not—it’s actually normal among everyone else).

I would like others to pray for me and please ask God to stay out of my private life. If God wants to believe sex acts are sinful, FINE. But he should at least stay out of my private life and not punish and harm me over things that shouldn’t concern him.

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God is concerned about every detail of your life, because He loves you, not because He is looking for things to punish you for.

He created our sexuality for a purpose. For procreation in a marriage between a man and a woman. It is beautiful and sacred. Anything outside of that is sin, and sin has consequences which God wants to save you from by helping you overcome the sin. Nothing is to private for Him, He is looking out for your good in every area of your life.

Sin isn't evil because of rules. Sin is evil because God is good and He created us good originally, and sin is something that is contrary to God's nature, contrary to what is good for us. And it has consequences. Sometimes even when you cannot understand why something is sin, you still have to trust Him. Because the consequences of those sins will still harm you! God is faithful to deliver you from it. He isn't looking to punish you, but to save you.

This world is sinful, and just because everyone else is doing something, that doesn't mean that it is good.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We all have private lives and private things we do that aren’t the concern of anyone else. If someone tried to ask us questions on private things in our private lives, and therefore commit a deeply intrusive act, we would rightfully tell them it’s none of their business. But what if someone were watching the private acts that take place in your private life, observing you in your most intimate moments that no one needs to know about, then telling you that he doesn’t like it. Next he tells you he will punish you over these private, intimate acts that aren’t any of his business, then he actually harms you over it as a "punishment."

Believe it or not, this is exactly what God is doing to me.

Like I said, it’s a private subject, so I don’t want to elaborate on the precise details of what is happening, though you’ve probably already figured out that it’s a subject related to my intimate behaviors that no one else, including God, needs to know about.
People got in trouble and wrongly blamed God for their trouble. If you get one of the forms of hepatitis or HIV from sex, do not blame God. If you join yourself to losers for sex and find you are losing, do not blame God. If you are promiscuous and can not find happiness, do not blame God.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I will pray for you to submit to God in these matters. God sees all details of all our lives (sexual or not) and they are all His business, especially if you claim to be following Him. If you are willfully sinning then it leaves you open to His correction or punishment even, or His allowing you to have the consequences of your actions. God sees all.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m very angry at God. I’ve been engaging in normal sexual behaviors that everyone else does

You are Christian and are angry that God has set rules tht you don't want to obey and are cross because your conscience is telling you you are in the wrong.

God is your creator and by being 'Christian' you surrender All rights to him.
The bible speaks of us as his slaves.
So praying that your Master won't exercise his right to judge your actions is pointless.

Far better to do what 1John 1 v 9 says.

I'll let your biblcal knowledge tell you what it says.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maria Sweet: I certainly understand your concern of being spied on, But it is pointless to ask God to not look at you while you do certain things. It violates the concept of "all knowing." He knew every detail of everything you or I did or will ever do before He even created the world.

As to what you are doing:
Next he tells you he will punish you over these private, intimate acts that aren’t any of his business, then he actually harms you over it as a "punishment."
What "harm" or "punishment" has He done to you over this? Are you absolutely sure HE considers it a sin?

IF it is what I think it is, then I do not believe it is a sin at all, and God is not concerned about it.

One of the big criticisms our Lord had against the Pharisees when He was on this earth was their habit of creating sins that God never called sin. Unfortunately the church world has almost 2000 years of doing the same thing.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am praying for you to receive clarity and discernment regarding what God considers sin, why sin is harmful to you, and the differences between punishment and natural consequences.

When we sin, God cannot ignore it, because unrepented sin leads to our eternal destruction. His love causes Him to bring it to our attention, so that we can repent and leave it behind. A loving Father would not ignore our careless journey into destruction.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In another thread you said you were trying to kick alcohol and tobacco. I would focus on those issues, and let this one slide for now.

Even if what you are doing is sin, God deals with certain sins at their own time and it is pointless to try to fix it on our own beforehand.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Everything about us is God's business because he is our Creator. In fact, he knows our business better than we do, and can help us to better manage our business better than we can should we choose to allow him control of it.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps I’m unaware of something that everyone else seems to be aware of. Can someone explain why sex acts are sinful?
Loaded question with no short answer. :) In general, sex acts can be sinful or not sinful. The "why" though is always the same:
it is a violation of how God designed the marriage covenant to operate. Sex forges deep bonds between people at the spiritual and emotional levels. Without a covenant commitment to strengthen them, when they come apart it can cause a lot of hurt.

As to whether a specific act is sinful or not depends on different factors:

If you are having sex with someone of the same gender (gay) it is always sinful.

If you are married and having sex with someone OTHER than your spouse, it is Adultery and always sinful.

If you are abusing someone sexually, it is sinful.

If you are not married and having consensual hetero sex with someone, it is sinful; but IMO there are much worse sins.

If you are married, pretty much any sex you have with your spouse is not sinful if you both agree to it. In fact, avoiding sex for long periods without your spouse's consent is sinful.

And this one is controversial:
If you are masturbating, especially without inappropriate content or fantasy, IMO it is not sinful.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps I’m unaware of something that everyone else seems to be aware of. Can someone explain why sex acts are sinful?
Perhaps you should have a talk with your priest.

• Winner
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I defer to a priest on the discussion of sex acts but I pray that you learn to trust God and submit to him in all matters. He already knows everything about you and even if you sin do not be ashamed to confess it and work on repentance. We all have sins we are ashamed of but God loves and wants to help us overcome them.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Talk to your priest. YOu were very vague about what sex acts you are doing. If you are single and having sex with people outside of marriage , then yes that is a sin. If you are married, then sex is very good within the marriage with your spouse. Masturbation is a gray area depending on who you talk to, but if you are Catholic you should seek out what your priest thinks. I think you should get spiritual counsel about this and start with how you don't believe God is everywhere or should be involved with your personal life. You don't get to demand that God shouldn't see the intimate or hidden details of your life. That's not how a relationship with Him works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums