SW Florida
✟260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am in an acting class that is totally brutal. I guarantee that it is unlike anything that most folks have ever experienced. It very hard to explain, but lets just say that we have to say EXACTLY what comes to our heart/mouth the moment it comes, we cannot think, and we are not allowed to censor ourselves to be socially appropriate.

I am trying really hard to do what is asked, but some of the women in class think that I'm a 'B' because today in a heated acting exchange, I said something mean. The thing is I'm am not trying to be mean or malicious, I am just trying to do what I"m asked. Pray that I can continue with this work with a pure and good heart, unaffected by the judgement of others. Also it is true that I"ve had a tough life so I am kind of a tough cookie. Please pray that what comes to my heart/mouth in these acting exchanges is BOTH honest and loving. Let me be filled with the spirit so that my uncensored words will bring life to others.

There is a woman in our class who is TOTALLY FAKE and she is also extremely mean. Whereas I may say something mean in the heat of an 'acting' exchange. She always starts out an exchange with some mean, premeditated comment like, "Your not young anymore (to a pretty older woman), You're looking at my [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] (to a nice polite guy who is not doing that), etc. . She is mean and has a nasty attitude. Then today she tried using crocodile tears to get people to like her. Please pray that the lord touches her heart, and shows her that she doesn't have to be mean to be effective. Please pray that she will learn to love others and genuinely connect to others. Please pray that she will learn to love herself. And please pray that the other people in the class with help her do that. I really find this woman's mean and phony spirit distasteful, and ask that the lord help me to be more tolerant and patient with her.

Finally there is a woman in my class who does amazingly well at this. The only thing is that I can see that she is hiding something underneath her calm exterior. I like this woman alot and ask that you pray that she allow herself to be vulnerable and open - trusting that the lord will be with her.

pyroqueen2423

Senior Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
my house
✟3,141.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord i pray you will be with everyone in this acting class for their different needs i pray you will be with the lady and have her have a change of heart and attitude i pray you will be with the lady with incredible talent and let her be open i also pray for mafunk that she will not listen to others judgemental minds but only do as You insist and let her have a great day w/o stress and feeling that she is anything but the B-E-A-utiful daughter you have made her~amen

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
It may all sound harsh, brutal and unreal, but learning to act is like learning to become a counsellor, especially if your doing a degree in it. The reason its being taught like this is to teach you all to react immediately in the correct way to any situation, for example if someone cut themselves badly, you have to make a quick decision on the situation, and react straight away. Although with counselling its slightly the opposite, where you hide your own problems from your client so you can concentrate on the client, in acting you need to come out with your first reaction to a sentance or word. You will find some can and some can't do this. Imagine yourself on stage for a minute, and either some wrong words are said before your cue or a mistake is made in an act and you are about to go on. Straight away you've lost your cue, so you have to make a sudden and immediate decision on how to change your words or act to get the whole performance back on track. You'll find the women who is very quick to react bluntly and quickly will be the best although it doesn't sound good, but she has quick responses, someome who has to hesitate leaves a gap in the act making it known someones made a mistake. You are actually doing the right thing the other women who thought you were aggressive hasn't quite got the grasp of immediate reaction so as yet doesn't understand. The one you think is fake may not be, this could be her way of acting. It does sound a tough group and yes maybe the language needs to be improved, but the more reality feelings that come out, the more the actor/actress learns control.

Lord I ask that you will come into this situation and bring understanding and help in learning control.

Im-revived:pray:
MaFunk said:
I am in an acting class that is totally brutal. I guarantee that it is unlike anything that most folks have ever experienced. It very hard to explain, but lets just say that we have to say EXACTLY what comes to our heart/mouth the moment it comes, we cannot think, and we are not allowed to censor ourselves to be socially appropriate.

I am trying really hard to do what is asked, but some of the women in class think that I'm a 'B' because today in a heated acting exchange, I said something mean. The thing is I'm am not trying to be mean or malicious, I am just trying to do what I"m asked. Pray that I can continue with this work with a pure and good heart, unaffected by the judgement of others. Also it is true that I"ve had a tough life so I am kind of a tough cookie. Please pray that what comes to my heart/mouth in these acting exchanges is BOTH honest and loving. Let me be filled with the spirit so that my uncensored words will bring life to others.

There is a woman in our class who is TOTALLY FAKE and she is also extremely mean. Whereas I may say something mean in the heat of an 'acting' exchange. She always starts out an exchange with some mean, premeditated comment like, "Your not young anymore (to a pretty older woman), You're looking at my [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] (to a nice polite guy who is not doing that), etc. . She is mean and has a nasty attitude. Then today she tried using crocodile tears to get people to like her. Please pray that the lord touches her heart, and shows her that she doesn't have to be mean to be effective. Please pray that she will learn to love others and genuinely connect to others. Please pray that she will learn to love herself. And please pray that the other people in the class with help her do that. I really find this woman's mean and phony spirit distasteful, and ask that the lord help me to be more tolerant and patient with her.

Finally there is a woman in my class who does amazingly well at this. The only thing is that I can see that she is hiding something underneath her calm exterior. I like this woman alot and ask that you pray that she allow herself to be vulnerable and open - trusting that the lord will be with her.

Upvote 0

MaFunk

Nov 7, 2005
SW Florida
✟260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Update. How funny. I'm not sure if these prayers helped me or the classmate that I was unhappy with.

I spoke to her today and she was quite nice. Then I looked her up online (which I do for lots of new folks I meed). Come to find out that she is an heiress to a HUGE HUGE fortune. So that helps explain why she comes off so weird. I think that maybe she is more real than I thought and it's just that I'm not used to being around someone with so much money and priveledge.

So I feel good about this. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.