Post Tribulation Rapture (Moved from Deeper Fellowship)

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your prefernce is Blinding you - you prefer not to see that post tribber STARTED the mocking because you are post trib- it was STARTED by a post tribber - That proves what I said - it is 100% of the time post tribbers who Start It
Jesus says :
"21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened."

you can believe whatever you want , that is what freewill give you

That is talking about SCALE not SEVERITY.

You think that torture and death under the trib will be worse than under Caligula? Oh purlease, you need to read some history before you tell people to read scripture.

• Agree
Reactions: sdowney717
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hippolytus (AD 160-240) "That refers to the one thousand two hundred and threescore days (the half of the week) during which the tyrant is to reign and persecute the Church, which flees from city to city, and seeks concealment in the wilderness among the mountains," (Treatise on Christ and Antichrist, 61)

Hippolytus was an intimate disciple and protege of Irenaeus. He believed that the Church would suffer during the entire reign of antichrist.

Why would he differ from his mentor Irenaeus?

Were the various heterodoxies and worse that were penned by some very old writers also significant?

Why don't you ask him? I have only pointed out what Irenaeus clearly said. He identified the resurrection as after the coming of Antichrist and before his three and a half year reign of terror. And in describing the people who went through those times, He always said "the church" or "we" up to that time, and changed his terms to "the righteous," "they," them," or "those" after that time.

I have already posted detailed proof of this, in Christian forums.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
"21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened."

you can believe whatever you want - but GREAT trib - as in a Great earthquake , greater intensity of persecution because satan is unleashed on mankind
but believe whatever suits your preference ;)
Why don't you quote also the verses where this affects the whole earth, and not just for example some Islamic countries.
Obviously this is a greater tribulation in that this affects the entire earth in the future, not just some few places on earth today. But both systems kill believers. for those who actually experience persecution and death today for the faith in Christ, it is not a different result.

Revelation 13:12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on th
eir foreheads,

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is a simple fact, long observable in this forum, that post tribbers often resort to ad hominum attacks, either on the other posters or on historic pre-tribbers.

I have observed pre-tribbers do this a few times. But it is S.O.P. with post tribbers.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wrong, it is about scale and severity
You choose to ignore what Jesus says

Please explain how being tortured and executed by the Beast is worst than Caligula (or Isis).

You are talking utter nonsense.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You blame others for your own failure to understand the scriptures - that my friend is all you

When other members of this forum disagree with your Two Peoples of God doctrine, you always claim there is something wrong with us...

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Reactions: Inkfingers
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When other members of this forum disagree with your Two Peoples of God doctrine, you always claim there is something wrong with us...
You relentlessly push your views telling everyone they are wrong when you are wrong , You have the right to believe whatever you choose , and everyone else has the same right , but you force your views on everyone on a relentless daily basis , if you stop forcing your views , it would be a much nicer place to be , ;)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a simple fact, long observable in this forum, that post tribbers often resort to ad hominum attacks, either on the other posters or on historic pre-tribbers.

I have observed pre-tribbers do this a few times. But it is S.O.P. with post tribbers.

If another member of this forum asks you to explain the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrew 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, would that be considered an "ad hominum attack"?

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

We are still waiting to see if you have written anything in your books about the New Covenant, which is found in the text above.

Former Dispensationalist Jerry Johnson speaks about the "ad hominum" charge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If another member of this forum asks you to explain the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrew 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, would that be considered an "ad hominum attack"?

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

We are still waiting to see if you have written anything in your books about the New Covenant, which is found in the text above.

Former Dispensationalist Jerry Johnson speaks about the "ad hominum" charge.

What you have said this time is not ad hominum.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have no answer but to make personal allegations.
I made no personal allegations on anyone , but you are making false statements which are making personal allegations
Showing that you think it is just fine for people to throw the first stones is your response ,
John 8
“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I made no personal allegations on anyone , but you are making false statements which are making personal allegations

"You blame others for your own failure to understand the scriptures"

^^^ That IS a personal allegation.

If you knew your Bible as well as you claim, you'd realise that passage was about Capital Punishment. The stones were literal not figurative.

Beyond which, this thread is littered with your personal comments.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"You blame others for your own failure to understand the scriptures"

Do you not under stand the Great Trib is in fact designed and implemented by the LORD God himself?
It not the same as Romans or ISIS wanting to control land or people - IT IS the Lord who is using the Man of Sin to implement the LORD testing , it is GOD putting forth the testing trials on the inhabitants of earth and as such Jesus has made it known to those who have an ear to listen , that if a person repents they will not be a part of that testing IF they do so before it begins , if they do not until after it begins then they will go through it
Elementary simple IF you accept ALL of Gods word and not pick an choose only specific verses to create what you want

Jesus taught that it will be like birth pains that will increase in both frequency and intensity up until the time he returns , just like a baby about to be born

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you knew your Bible as well as you claim, you'd realise that passage was about Capital Punishment. The stones were literal not figurative.
If you knew your bible you would know that casting real stones at people until they were dead is how they killed people for sins such as adultery , which is where Jesus used that statement when they were about to stone the woman to death

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you not under stand the Great Trib is in fact designed and implemented by the LORD God himself?
It not the same as Romans or ISIS wanting to control land or people - IT IS the Lord who is using the Man of Sin to implement the LORD testing , it is GOD putting forth the testing trials on the inhabitants of earth and as such Jesus has made it known to those who have an ear to listen , that if a person repents they will not be a part of that testing IF they do so before it begins , if they do not until after it begins then they will go through it
Elementary simple IF you accept ALL of Gods word and not pick an choose only specific verses to create what you want

Jesus taught that it will be like birth pains that will increase in both frequency and intensity up until the time he returns , just like a baby about to be born

And?

Getting your head cut off by the Beast will not be any more nasty than Christians have been going through for centuries.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you knew your bible you would know that casting real stones at people until they were dead is how they killed people for sins such as adultery , which is where Jesus used that statement when they were about to stone the woman to death

And NOBODY is executing you here, so your saying....

Showing that you think it is just fine for people to throw the first stones is your response ,
John 8

Is you either misusing or misunderstanding scripture on that point.

Just hush. The majority of your posts are devoid of content beyond personal attack and in denial of scripture. If you want a pointless argument, go look in the mirror.

Cheerio.

Upvote 0