• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Post a picture

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by shineyourlight, May 25, 2020.

1. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,453
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Early in the morning as I put my flag outside I couldn't help but notice the beautiful flowers in bloom. I think usually when I come home from work they don't look as vibrant. IMG_20210824_080130.jpg
    zinnia -pink senorita
    IMG_20210824_080145.jpg
    I think this is celiosa
    IMG_20210824_080210.jpg
    Salvia
    IMG_20210824_080216.jpg
    Miniature rose
    IMG_20210824_080346.jpg
    Moss rose IMG_20210824_080458.jpg
    Ageratum
    IMG_20210824_080438.jpg
    Pumpkins flowering in the morning
    IMG_20210824_080517.jpg
    Sunflower and amaranth hopi red dye

2. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke It looks like a witch hunt Supporter

+1,342
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    It's not just 'framing yourself with flowers'. Didn't you once say that you took flowers from your garden and gave them to your neighbours? Your kindness and generosity is very attractive. Who wouldn't want to be married to and share their life with someone like that?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <><

+6,567
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    5ed86db254462a270684360e-large.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,453
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Aww that's so sweet. I never thought about that. Yes, that is something that I like to do is giving gifts to others. I also am traditional with sending cards in the mail. Thanks, that's encouraging and I hope that the right guy will see me that way that are mutually attracted to. Blessings for you words.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,453
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
  6. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke It looks like a witch hunt Supporter

+1,342
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    The view from the window seems to consist of fairways, greens, and bunkers! Is she playing golf?

7. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,684
    United States
    Protestant
    Single

To Him who made great lights,
    For His mercy endures forever
    The sun to rule by day,
    For His mercy endures forever;
    The moon and stars to rule by night,
    For His mercy endures forever.

DSCN8493+.jpg

8. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <><

+6,567
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    123.jpg

Chubby boy. Hopefully come next year I'll be minus the weight and the girl. Did learn a few things but the majority of it was a nightmare.

9. Sif

Sif .

+1,324
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    Martian surface as seen from the Perseverance Rover (On Sol 52):

Mars_Perseverance_NLF_0052_0671559358_448EBY_N0031950NCAM00409_00_0LLJ.png

10. HisGraceAbounds

HisGraceAbounds Active Member Supporter

+513
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    My friend took a picture of my cat, found someone on Etsy that turns photos into art and then prints the image on vinyl for application on a T-shirt.

This is my kitty. Ms. Sassy. The artwork makes me want a mid 1970's slab-side 1/2 ton van and airbrush all manner of cool stuff on the sides. Yes. *ahem*

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Sif

Sif .

+1,324
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    Earth's moon and Jupiter with the Galilean moons Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto in the background.

Moon-Jupiter.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 Pax et bonum! CF Ambassadors Supporter

+9,743
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Finished my latest balcony project. Enjoying a chicken biryani, chocolate ripple ice cream and listening to Debussy via bluetooth speaker!

poster.jpg

13. Sif

Sif .

+1,324
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    Mount Richtofen. Highest peak in the Never Summer Range.

IMG_1129.JPG

14. Sif

Sif .

+1,324
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    Asteroid 243 Ida and it's 'moon' Dactyl taken by the Galileo probe at a distance of about 10,500 km on August 28, 1993

Ida 243.jpg

15. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,453
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    13.5 miles run today. I made my annual trip out to Amish country and it always seems like a good spiritual retreat and also accomplishment. It's the longest run I've had since 2000. Which was a full Marathon.
    Here are some pictures from my journey. Instead of doing 12 miles like I had the 2 years prior, there was a county park that had an observation tower that I couldn't resist running a little bit further to. Praise God for shade and that it wasn't as grueling as the 12 miles was 2 weeks ago. Praise God that I am well enough after having that vaccination and going to ER. Praise God that I feel Revelations coming and that I am in a better place to hear more from the Lord and getting back into the word.
    IMG_20210904_085354.jpg IMG_20210904_090456.jpg
    Observation deck and Tower that I ran to
    IMG_20210904_095817.jpg
    A high school track team runs here
    IMG_20210904_100450.jpg IMG_20210904_110310.jpg
    Here are some turtles that I caught as I was nearing my finish. I didn't realize I was so close to the finish. I was kind of like a turtle with the pace that I went since I stopped to look at nature. 13.5 mi took me close to 3 hours. IMG_20210904_112506.jpg
    Here is a capture of this being my longest run in 21 years
    IMG_20210904_112944.jpg
    IMG_20210904_113027.jpg
    The canal was all dried up in places. You can see these boats that I have no water. We had a really dry summer last year and even though mosquitoes are bad this year and we had rain it was not enough IMG_20210904_131116~2.jpg
    On my run I came across this coffee place and decided after to stop by. There was a line out the door because they were only allowing two people at a time. Their coffee is fresh and air roasted. She knows some of the places where the coffee comes from and owners. She seems very involved in the process and will be expanding to a cafe along the trail and a bigger space.
    IMG_20210904_141054.jpg
    I also visited an American type of cafe and got a wrap and then stopped off at a coffee place that was so interesting. There was some kind of glass thing where they cold brew coffee from special places. This cold brew came from Japan. They're also was these machines for roasting the beans. It seems like a trendy place and the gal that was answering my questions was Mennonite but sounded very preppy pretentious. Something I would never expect from Amish country. These are my treats and rewards and my way of having a small day trip vacation.

16. Sif

Sif .

+1,324
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    Saturn's moon Enceladus as seen by the Cassini spacecraft in 2008.

Enceladus.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,453
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    What a great capture! I love the texture. What is the surface made of? Is it really cold there?

18. Sif

Sif .

+1,324
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    The surface of Enceladus is almost made entirely of water ice. With the gravity of Saturn pushing and pulling causes cracking that acts like tectonic plate on Earth. Sometimes the liquid water beneath sprays out into space in geysers and some if it falls back to the surface as a kind of snow.

Along with the Jupiter's Galilean Moon Europa Enceladus is thought to have some of the highest chances for extraterrestrial life, at least at a cellular level. More complex life such as fish seems unlikely.

A good hard sci-fi film to watch is the 2013 film Europa Report about a fictional manned mission to Galilean moon.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,453
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Interesting. I was wondering if it was water because of the blue. Wow! Snow. That's pretty cool. I wonder what the properties are of it when it hits onto the Earth if it is a cleaner water. Or even has regenerative properties if it was to touch skin.

That's interesting. Yeah I would have to wonder what kind of life it would bring as I'm only familiar with Earth life. I wonder if the life that is brought about is more metallic.

Thanks for the information about the movie. Your better than Wikipedia.;)

20. Sif

Sif .

+1,324
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    Thank you for the compliment. I've always enjoyed astronomy. Took 20 hours of it as an undergrad. I realized I did not have a strong enough math foundation to really major in space sciences but I still enjoy it from an amateur standpoint. Have lots of hard-sci fi books and even a few board games about the exploration and/or industrialization of the solar system (such as High Frontier and Terraforming Mars).

The Cassini probe was sent through one of the geysers and the water is salty, similar to Earth's oceans, and may be an indicator of life. Tholins (organic compounds but not life) maybe on Enceladus. Tholins can be seen on other bodies in the solar system. The reddish or pinkish areas on places like Pluto, Europa, Charon, Triton and Sedna maybe caused by tholins on the surface