Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Full moon tonight:

IMG_20210920_213922047~2.jpg IMG_20210920_213936156~3.jpg

I know, hard to see. The last pic is a yucca in the foreground and a sprinkle of neighborhood lights in the background.

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Do you like comic book characters? I do. This is the latest project to cross my workbench. It is 12" (30 cm) tall in total. 12 parts, making 5 sub-assemblies I can paint and then assemble when finished. 3D printed using FDM, so the pieces are very light.

ETA: I was curious so I got my kitchen scale out and weighed this statue. 479 grams. A 'smidgin' over a pound US.

r5GdeN.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'm not finished. I'm just at a good point to stop. I can give it another week and as I think about it in the evenings during the work week, I can plan my next steps for detailing.

u7Rrsk.jpg

P.S. I have a model of Skeletor from Masters of the Universe on the way, as well as a statue of the movie poster from Conan the Barbarian (original).

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just stumbled upon a video that featured a map I made years ago. Definitely brings back memories from my ol' content creation days. It was designed as a stylized Western train station.

GSF_mapB.jpg
GSF_mapC.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Model is done. Sealed with varnish and ready to make its trip with me to my campus office where it will sit on a shelf with other nerdy bric-a-brac like sci-fi models, Warhammer 40k figures, lightsaber replicas, and LEGO Star Wars ships.

Obviously I am NOT the 'leather elbow patches upon a tweed jacket' type of professor. LOL

Folks, I present to you the comic book character 'Spawn':

uZT6qD.jpg

Model: 3D-printed. Filament Deposition Modeling (FDM)
Scale: approximately 1:10 (stands 12" tall (30 cm))
Finishing: Lacquer primer. Black enamel base coat. Acrylic topcoats. Acrylic inks for washes. Pastel chalks for dry-brushing and other highlights.
Tools used: Rattle cans for the priming and base coating. Acrylic topcoats applied with airbrush and hand brushing. Washes, pastels, and other weathering applied by hand brushing.
Time to completion (from assembly of printed parts to final stage as photographed): 10 days

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0