Canada
✟17,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Yes, well with the oppressiveness from the burnt sienna spliced over the frolicsome lemon, I accentuated the incandescence of an emotional affair and combined it with the enslavement from the tyranny of a selfish partner, as my expressive virtuoso rained down upon this canvas like an impassioned monsoon."

^ No one actually said that, I just made it up. But I think you know the sort of people I mean.

:tearsofjoy: LOL I read this at work earlier today and was laughing so hard. Got some weird looks from coworkers. I agree with you about the pretentiousness potential of modern art.

The painting above was done with oils. But to be honest, with high quality acrylics the difference between an oil painting and an acrylic painting is slight.

You are brave for using oils. I can never get them to work for me. I'm probably too used to dry media, though.

Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Image of Mars taken by the Chinese Tianwen-1 spacecraft

China-is-approaching-Mars-The-Tianwen-1-spacecraft-provided-the-first-1080x760.jpg

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
:tearsofjoy: LOL I read this at work earlier today and was laughing so hard. Got some weird looks from coworkers. I agree with you about the pretentiousness potential of modern art.

You are brave for using oils. I can never get them to work for me. I'm probably too used to dry media, though.

Yeah, I can be quite the character at times... Lol. I have my moments.

Oils are easy enough, you just need to fire in confidently and use stiff paint. If it's thin and syrupy you'll be sloshing around in mud.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.