Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There's no reason for you to assume that to be so.

However, you first have to recognize that there isn't always a convenient way out of the mess some politician has created for himself by his own mistakes. Biden is a terrific example of that; and I don't think, from the tone of your reply, that you see it that way.

Again no solution or suggestion to offer !

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Joint Chiefs of Staff are not his advisors.
The secretaries of defense and state and national security advisors are his advisors.

I tend to think military leaders might put their power and budget ahead of what's best for America.

The Joint Chiefs are, indeed, advisors to the president.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Russian tanks on the border are not part of a medical missionary effort to help Ukrainians believe God loves them. Solzhenitsyn described the Soviet genocide of its people in, “ The Gulag Archipelago.” He won a Nobel Prize for his writings.

China and India have increased coal consumption. China’s great leap forward to produce electric cars exceeded their ability to build windmills and solar cell arrays.

I will not partake in this type of thread
anymore, it makes me feel ill.

Part of the problem is there is no point of Russian spokes persons trying to talk sensibly
to American spokes persons,

it would be like talking to a deaf and dumb.

American administrations have a view of Russia and it will not change, like they have a one track mind.

One example of a chatter box is one in the video clip.

She even gets paid big sums of money to just talk.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Joint Chiefs are, indeed, advisors to the president.
But they were not appointed by him. While I am sure he takes their thoughts into consideration, he probably places more confidence in his own appointees.

War is not always the answer. As Pres. Biden said, there are other tools in the toolbox--sanctions, diplomacy, working with NATO in a cooperative effort.

The article I cited mentioned that Biden attacked terrorism by going to the G8 summit and proposing that they all establish a minimum tax for those domestic companies moving overseas so that they would not establish foreign tax havens where money could be laundered or diverted to funding terrorism. Finance Leaders Reach Global Tax Deal Aimed at Ending Profit Shifting

In the same article, Germany's refusing to support a Russian oil pipeline on its land is another way to encourage compliance.

The joint chiefs of staff may be too quick to recommend war.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But they were not appointed by him. While I am sure he takes their thoughts into consideration, he probably places more confidence in his own appointees.

The president has the power to change them if he wants to.

War is not always the answer. As Pres. Biden said, there are other tools in the toolbox--sanctions, diplomacy, working with NATO in a cooperative effort.

The Joint Chiefs are one of the last groups to suggest war. More often, they are more tempered than many Congresscritters in hawk rhetoric. For instance, the Joint Chiefs dragged their feet heavily on going into the Iraq invasion...even to the extent of the Army Chief of Staff being fired and the Marine Commandant being retired for disputing their civilian bosses against the invasion.

They had also dragged their feet against US involvement in Bosnia.

Your prejudices are incorrect.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The president has the power to change them if he wants to.

The Joint Chiefs are one of the last groups to suggest war. More often, they are more tempered than many Congresscritters in hawk rhetoric. For instance, the Joint Chiefs dragged their feet heavily on going into the Iraq invasion...even to the extent of the Army Chief of Staff being fired and the Marine Commandant being retired for disputing their civilian bosses against the invasion.

They had also dragged their feet against US involvement in Bosnia.

Your prejudices are incorrect.

correctvand they are not in command positions.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The case has been made that they are largely incompetent and do not get fired from making grave misjudgements and they often continue with military-industrial complex jobs after their military careers are over for the detriment of the nation. (video recap here)

What case, you mean assumptions or opinions.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Russia wants Ukraine. Russia has always wanted Ukraine. Sooner or later, in one way or another, they will make a move for Ukraine, and the US won't have anything more to do with that than maybe the timing.

China wants Taiwan. China has always wanted Taiwan. Sooner or later, in one way or another, they will make a move for Ukraine, and the US won't have anything more to do with that than maybe the timing.

Nor will the actions of either country have much to do with the timing of the other.

I do suspect both of them plan to move sooner rather than later. Right now, I see China more than Russia preparing their own population with anti-America propaganda against US sanctions for something they plan to do soon.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What case, you mean assumptions or opinions.

True, many people seem to assume US military adventures and those leading them have lately been bit lacking in cohesion, execution and success.

But perhaps as US citizen you see those heroic deeds in different light. Whatever makes you sleep better at night I guess.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True, many people seem to assume US military adventures and those leading them have lately been bit lacking in cohesion, execution and success.

But perhaps as US citizen you see those heroic deeds in different light. Whatever makes you sleep better at night I guess.
Is that your case? No evidence no justification, we are just to accept it is true because you think it is true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Is that your case? No evidence no justification, we are just to accept it is true because you think it is true.

The video went into the details and I gave the summary. You are free to refute any point and demonstrate how you feel US military is professionally led and is accomplishing those tasks set for it.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will not partake in this type of thread
anymore, it makes me feel ill.

Part of the problem is there is no point of Russian spokes persons trying to talk sensibly
to American spokes persons,

it would be like talking to a deaf and dumb.

American administrations have a view of Russia and it will not change, like they have a one track mind.

One example of a chatter box is one in the video clip.

She even gets paid big sums of money to just talk.
Tell Putin, “You shall not steal.” Exodus 20:15

We got Russian hackers shutting down the Colonial Pipeline, causing gas shortages in America. Someone in CF complaining about NATO. Why do you support Putin? He interfered with U.S. elections. His hackers broke into the DNC. He threatened Ukraine, a sovereign nation.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This whole situation is very unlikely to end well for the West, Ukraine, or Tiawan. Both Russia and China appear to already have hypersonic balistic missiles and America has not got any countermeasures to such technology. China has balistic missiles designed to sink American aircraft carriers, again it's unlikely that America has any countermeasures against these either, so America and the West are already on the back foot.

If NATO were to agree that Ukraine would not be allowed to joint NATO, then maybe this situation might be de-escalated and war might be avoided. If it comes to war, Putin is in a fairly good position to win and what happens then if Putin has already decided that war suits him better, so what then? Personally, I don't think that Biden is the right man to be leading America in this situation, he's just out of his depth and might just get NATO into a war rather that back down and lose face.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This whole situation is very unlikely to end well for the West, Ukraine, or Tiawan. Both Russia and China appear to already have hypersonic balistic missiles and America has not got any countermeasures to such technology. China has balistic missiles designed to sink American aircraft carriers, again it's unlikely that America has any countermeasures against these either, so America and the West are already on the back foot.

If NATO were to agree that Ukraine would not be allowed to joint NATO, then maybe this situation might be de-escalated and war might be avoided. If it comes to war, Putin is in a fairly good position to win and what happens then if Putin has already decided that war suits him better, so what then? Personally, I don't think that Biden is the right man to be leading America in this situation, he's just out of his depth and might just get NATO into a war rather that back down and lose face.
The U.S. has supersonic ballistic missiles, supersonic jets, cruise missiles, submarines and a network of alliances. The U.S. is not defenseless.

These are the Ten Hypersonic Missiles That America Is Building

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe so, but the hypersonic balistic missiles are designed to beat the response time of the defences, if their attack gets through first, most of your own defences will be gone! I said that America has no countermeasures against hypersonic missles. Hypersonic missiles are a lot faster than supersonic missiles.

The response time of current technology is barely good enough for hitting a supersonic missile in flight. We have already reached the scientific limits for current semiconductor technology. The idea of hypersonic missiles is that there is probably no possibility of ever developing the technology for shooting them down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

As an EU citizen how do you see this? Do you think EU will be better off if they are more close to Russia then USA?

Do you think US should withdraw from NATO and let EU defend herself? Do you think USA should not have an aggressive policy toward Russia and let Russia advance toward Ukraine and other Baltic states ?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Those don't actually pose any greater threat than the US had already been under. The US has no useful countermeasures against any kind of ballistic missile--that it can cross the distance few minutes fast faster makes no strategic difference.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe so, but the hypersonic balistic missiles are designed to beat the response time of the defences, if their attack gets through first, most of your own defences will be gone! I said that America has no countermeasures against hypersonic missles. Hypersonic missiles are a lot faster than supersonic missiles.

There is no significant missile defense system in place today. They make no strategic difference.

The US "defense" system is the same as it ever was: A largely immune response system that can launch a retaliatory attack even after a successful first strike by an enemy.

Now, if the Chinese come up with a foolproof way of tracking US ballistic missile submarines, that would be worrisome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As an EU citizen how do you see this? Do you think EU will be better off if they are more close to Russia then USA?

Do you think US should withdraw from NATO and let EU defend herself? Do you think USA should not have an aggressive policy toward Russia and let Russia advance toward Ukraine and other Baltic states ?

No, I think that Russia currently has the west at a big disadvatage. And Russia think that if it comes to war that they will win.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The response time of current technology is barely good enough for hitting a supersonic missile in flight. We have already reached the scientific limits for current semiconductor technology. The idea of hypersonic missiles is that there is probably no possibility of ever developing the technology for shooting them down.
You seem to assume Russia might launch a surprise nuclear attack to destroy America. I do not believe they will. Even if they wanted too, they could not succeed in destroying the world with a single strike. Russia is already much poorer than NATO. Ukrainians do not speak Russian, nor do they belong to Putin. Most of the ex-Soviet Eastern European nations already defected to NATO. Japan is much smaller than Russia and is richer than them. South Korea has a similar GDP, but not as much frozen tundra. Putin might find himself fighting God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0