Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas offered a similar defense, calling Biden “sharp.”
“The most difficult part about a meeting with President Biden is preparing for it because he is sharp, intensely probing and detail-oriented and focused,” Mayorkas told “Meet the Press.”

I must say Mayorkas is consistent.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd give that one eye-roll.

As for the Republicans standing by his predecessor, my eyes would be rolling like a bobble-headed doll's.

We will have two choices in November...

Mine will be Biden or dust off my grandmother's baptismal certificate and claim the Irish citizenship I am entitled too, preparing for the worst.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

As for the Republicans standing by his predecessor, my eyes would be rolling like a bobble-headed doll's.

Mine will be Biden or dust off my grandmother's baptismal certificate and claim the Irish citizenship I am entitled too, preparing for the worst.
Can I stay with you?

-- A2SG, hear it's nice over there...

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Can I stay with you?

-- A2SG, hear it's nice over there...
No plans to renounce my citizenship, but I'll definitely lean in to my white, middle-class privilege. ;)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No plans to renounce my citizenship, but I'll definitely lean in to my white, middle-class privilege. ;)

I wouldn't be counting on that to save you from Bidens policies...

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It's the same in New York City and Chicago and San Francisco, it will have to get much much worse before they vote for anyone but the candidate endorsed by the Democrats.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I wouldn't be counting on that to save you from Bidens policies...
This was in the event the election gets rigged and Trump wins. I'll play my trump card, lol!

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas offered a similar defense, calling Biden “sharp.”
“The most difficult part about a meeting with President Biden is preparing for it because he is sharp, intensely probing and detail-oriented and focused,” Mayorkas told “Meet the Press.”

I must say Mayorkas is consistent.

Curriously, at least one of Biden's enemies agrees:

“Mr. Biden is a professional, and you need to be very careful when working with him so as not to miss something,” Putin said during a videoconference meeting with graduates from Russia’s Graduate School of Public Administration. “He himself does not miss a thing, I assure you, and this was absolutely clear to me.”

“Let me say it again: he is focused, he knows what he wants to achieve and does it very skilfully, and you can instantly sense it,” the Russian President added.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In our polarized country, can you find anyone objective?

The overwhelming majority of conservatives who support former President Trump even when he invites Putin to bomb NATO countries who don't pay their fair share clearly lack the discernment and judgment to make competency judgments on anyone.

After all, the United Nations and the entire world are loudly condemning the callous, impulsive irresponsibility that would threaten the stability of the whole world, and the overwhelming majority of conservatives are unconcerned.

Biden supporters are not completely objective either in their defense of Biden, but let's face it--they have a much easier subject to defend.

Who is more dangerous? A president who mixes up the name of a French prime minister he visited? Or a former president who tells Putin if he invades France the U.S. will stay out of it?

Nuff said.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No objective person thinks Biden is "sharp".
No person who's taking their opinion from heavily-curated snippets presented in the media is "objective."

Unless you've been in the room with people, working with them, you have no idea how sharp they are. For the record, I include in that many Republicans widely perceived as dim, like W and Trump.

Curriously, at least one of Biden's enemies agrees:

“Mr. Biden is a professional, and you need to be very careful when working with him so as not to miss something,” Putin said during a videoconference meeting with graduates from Russia’s Graduate School of Public Administration. “He himself does not miss a thing, I assure you, and this was absolutely clear to me.”

“Let me say it again: he is focused, he knows what he wants to achieve and does it very skilfully, and you can instantly sense it,” the Russian President added.

That's what he says in public. He may very well believe it, but he may also be manipulating people for reasons.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
  • Informative
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No person who's taking their opinion from heavily-curated snippets presented in the media is "objective."

Unless you've been in the room with people, working with them, you have no idea how sharp they are.

Twice last week, Biden publicly stated that he had meetings with European leaders who were dead:

These are not the actions of someone who is "sharp", and you don't need to sit in a room with them to know that.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In our polarized country, can you find anyone objective?

Yes, yes you can.

The overwhelming majority of conservatives who support former President Trump even when he invites Putin to bomb NATO countries who don't pay their fair share clearly lack the discernment and judgment to make competency judgments on anyone.

Whataboutism noted. For the record, I don't support Donald Trump. Biden and Trump are just about the worst candidates either party could run. It boggles my mind that both parties have saddled themselves with two wildly unpopular past-their-prime candidates.

After all, the United Nations and the entire world are loudly condemning the callous, impulsive irresponsibility that would threaten the stability of the whole world, and the overwhelming majority of conservatives are unconcerned.

This ridiculous hyperbole is why most people don't take the Democrats seriously.

Biden supporters are not completely objective either in their defense of Biden,

Well that's the understatement of the year.

Who is more dangerous? A president who mixes up the name of a French prime minister he visited?

What you really mean a president whose mental faculties are clearly in decline. When a president starts saying he's had meetings with dead people multiple times in a week, it's perfectly valid to question his mental acuity.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am a senior citizen. When I have my annual Medicare wellness checkup, the nurse does a memory test (similar to the one the former president brags about ace-ing.) I was told that the "pass" level (naming all the animals I could in a very short period of time) was 12 and I usually get 36 or more.

I told the nurse my only concern is that I forget names. The nurse said that forgetting names is not a symptom of mental decline. Process related errors are much more important.

Nevertheless, when I am in a group setting I look at the faces of the other people one by one and think about each name, just for practice.

The errors the Trump-appointed DOJ prosecutor mentions are mixing up a name. Biden knew he visited with a prime minister recently. He gave the PM the wrong name. Big deal.

Democrats are not the ones with what you term "ridiculous hyperbole." It's the Secretary General of the UN commenting that the implementation of Trump's comments (and I know no other potential president would touch them with a 10 foot pole) would destabilize the world and wreck the economy. The Secretary General of the UN is not American or a member of an American political party.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a senior citizen.

You're also not the President of the United States, so your personal experience and mental acuity is entirely irrelevant.

The errors the Trump-appointed DOJ prosecutor mentions are mixing up a name. Biden knew he visited with a prime minister recently. He gave the PM the wrong name. Big deal.

When elderly people start saying multiple times in the same week that they met with people who have been dead for decades, yes, it is a big deal, particularly if that elderly person is the President of the United States.

Democrats are not the ones with what you term "ridiculous hyperbole."

Sure they are.

"If Trump gets elected again, the world as we know it will end!"

Ridiculous hyperbole.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 2.20.02 PM.png

"A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory." I know Democrats will try to downplay this report, but this is an incredibly damaging (and accurate) characterization of Biden. Every gaffe Biden makes will strengthen this perception.

Upvote 0