• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Popular Sodas Proven To Cause Lasting Damage to Your Body, Says Science

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These beverages could be shaving years off of your life.

Soda is fizzy, sweet, and overall pleasant to taste. And yet, it's one of the most harmful beverages we can drink.

Soft drinks such as carbonated, caffeinated soda options are packed to the brim with added sugars, which can lead to a slew of chronic health conditions including heart disease, obesity, and diabetes if consumed in excess and often. Cracking open a can of root beer won't put you at risk for health complications, however, sipping sugary equivalents as if they were water can potentially do some serious damage to your body.

Below, you'll see just five sodas that have been shown to cause health complications. And after, don't miss The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now for quick tips on how you can clean up your diet.

Continued below.
Popular Sodas Proven To Cause Lasting Damage to Your Body, Says Science | Eat This Not That

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I gave up soda years ago and the first thing I noticed was how different food tasted and the sweetness factor. I haven't had a candy bar in ages. I can't eat them. They make me teeth hurt due to the sugar. I like dark chocolate. That's fine.

Getting rid of refined sugar was the first shift then I started tackling preservatives. When I started making my own condiments and flavored syrups I noticed a difference. The flavors were better!

When I'm in the mood for fizz I make a batch of British style ginger beer. Just ginger, water and sugar. Watching the fermentation process is neat. And it's very good!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0