Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's shocking how one small apple can affect your body!

When it comes to convenient and nourishing snacks, you can't beat an apple. It's a satiating option you can grab on your way out the door to run errands, or throw into your lunch bag for work. Fortunately, apples are also available year-round in the U.S. and loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants—all the nutrients your body needs to fend off viruses and other infections and ailments.

So, does an apple a day really keep the doctor away? The jury is still out on that one, but 2015 research showed that a fraction of adults who live by this healthy habit do seem to require fewer prescription medications.

Whether you prefer to nosh on this fruit whole, slice them up with almond butter, or toss them into your salads, you'll want to know some of the following side effects apples can have on your immune system. Plus, did you know apples are considered one of The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now.

Continued below.
Surprising Side Effects Apples Have On Your Immune System, Says Science | Eat This Not That

• Agree
Reactions: Chris V++

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been eating an apple a day for years now and can confirm the truth of it. It's like a natural flu shot. Make sure you eat the skins. It even mentions in the article a lot of the nutrients are in and near the skins. Honey is amazing too and is proven to be antiviral and antibacterial.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟567,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Mmmm apples are sensational. They're super cheap in England too!
They are also very inexpensive in the US but the price varies seasonally. When the new crop comes in Fall $5 will get you twice as many as it buys in the Spring.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are also very inexpensive in the US but the price varies seasonally. When the new crop comes in Fall $5 will get you twice as many as it buys in the Spring.
I grow them. But it all depends on the spring weather.

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟567,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I grow them. But it all depends on the spring weather.
One of the remarkable qualities of apples is that they grow well in most of the US. So it could happen that the Eastern crop is poor but the crop in the Pacific Northwest is outstanding.

I have a rule though. I only buy apple cider from cold weather states. I got some cider from Georgia once and it was vile. Virginia cider is not that great either. I want to see places like Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire on my cider label.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's shocking how one small apple can affect your body!

When it comes to convenient and nourishing snacks, you can't beat an apple. It's a satiating option you can grab on your way out the door to run errands, or throw into your lunch bag for work. Fortunately, apples are also available year-round in the U.S. and loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants—all the nutrients your body needs to fend off viruses and other infections and ailments.

So, does an apple a day really keep the doctor away? The jury is still out on that one, but 2015 research showed that a fraction of adults who live by this healthy habit do seem to require fewer prescription medications.

Whether you prefer to nosh on this fruit whole, slice them up with almond butter, or toss them into your salads, you'll want to know some of the following side effects apples can have on your immune system. Plus, did you know apples are considered one of The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now.

Continued below.
Surprising Side Effects Apples Have On Your Immune System, Says Science | Eat This Not That

JS: Sadly I'm right now on a very low sugar diet, less than 3 grams so I cannot have apples. I miss them terribly and hope I can soon get my levels high enough to eat them from time to time again.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
JS: Sadly I'm right now on a very low sugar diet, less than 3 grams so I cannot have apples. I miss them terribly and hope I can soon get my levels high enough to eat them from time to time again.
Maybe you can just eat the skins?

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you can just eat the skins?

JS I getting my teeth cleaned this Tuesday. This is the first time I reached my cleaning able to eat at least three grams of sugar as I do. Last time I could eat only .5 grams. So who knows maybe after this cleaning I can eat my favorite apple, a sour one. If not I should be able to after this one as long as I continue to progress forward.

Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums