Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've placed my responses within your list.

The Ten Principles for Climate Repentance (mini versions) are:

1. We are stewards of this world - This was given to Adam
  2. Creation manifests divinity - Not sure what's behind this, does this mean like Ps 19:1 ?
  3. Everything in life is interconnected - Symbiotic of course.
  4. Do no harm - Sounds like #10 from the GGS - Be not a cancer on the earth—Leave room for nature or the beginning of the Hippocratic oath.
  5. Look after tomorrow -- Same as #4
  6. Rise above ego for our world - philosophical?
  7. Change our inner climate - 'inner'? Are they talking about the DUMBS or Antarctica ?
  8. Repent and return - Repent of what and return to whom?
  9. Every action matters - Goes without saying is this really a principle?
  10. Use mind, open heart - sounds trite to me

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then your eyes deceive you. For what you've expressed here isn't what the Church teaches. Get yourself
educated about Catholicism before you attack it.
I've been raised by a Catholic, an Educator in fact, been in numerous Masses and know what my eyes have seen. Please don't presume to speak to me as if I'm uninformed.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So what I'm seeing is an object that looks like the sun and I'm also seeing the words from a Catholic site that explains in plain English that today the Monstrances used are made in the shape of a sun burst, but my eyes are not comprehending that?

And this Catholic site has no idea what they are talking about?

View attachment 323523

Question: Do you believe that anything using sun symbolism is a reference to sun worship?

Do you look at a child drawing a picture of the sun with crayons and think the child is engaging in sun worship? No? Then why would you assume that your fellow Christians are, especially when as already pointed out there is a biblical and theological basis for such symbolism that has nothing to do with sun worship?

Why assume "sun worship" when you look at a monstrance, rather than the more obvious thing: Jesus Christ is the light of the world, the sun of justice with healing in His rays. It's obviously about Jesus, not about sun worship. So why assume anything else?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've been raised by a Catholic, an Educator in fact, been in numerous Masses and know what my eyes have seen. Please don't presume to speak to me as if I'm uninformed.

And you've witnessed sun worship in those Catholic Masses? I'm not Roman Catholic, and I've only attended a Catholic Mass once (a beautiful Good Friday service). But I find it hard to believe that you saw anything pagan happening at a Catholic Mass.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My friend, if I may call you a friend. I also was raised and educated in Catholic tradition. If anything, the sun is seen as a symbol of Christ. Certainly nothing to be worshipped or idolized. I think your interpretation is is strained. It seems as if you are looking for anything you can to criticize the Catholic Church. Actually you do not need to fabricate nonsense. There is plenty of legitimate criticism t be made in other issues. Care for the environment is not one of them.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So any rule that is not in the Bible is sinful? Does that include al civil laws?
deuteronomy-4-2.jpg
index.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Br4nd0n

Mar 24, 2017
Canada
✟71,497.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, well I didn't watch the video, because I could tell from the thumbnail that it was going to be a waste of time. But my thoughts are as follows: There's no such thing as "10 commandments about climate change", and the Pope isn't implementing any new 10 commandments. The Pope, like all Roman Catholics, have the same 10 commandments that the Bible has, which is what all Christians have always had from the beginning.

There, apparently, was a United Nations conference on climate change held in Egypt. There's nothing significant about that. But there will always be some people in the world who see demons in dandelions. The sort of people who genuinely believe lizard people exist, or who think there is a cabal of Jewish bankers, or secret devil worshipers plotting to bring about the end of the world. There's always something silly being promulgated and pushed.

But the common thread in all zany conspiracy theories is that there is a scary boogeyman hiding in the shadows, and only the special "in-the-know" people have their eyes open to the truth. Just like the ancient Gnostic heretics who believed they alone had access to the hidden truths and knowledge of the universe, the modern conspiracy theorists are special because of their esoteric and secret knowledge of how things "really" are. Everyone else is lost in ignorance and are merely "sheeple".

We don't need to believe in the ridiculous to recognize that this world is fallen, broken, and in need of redemption. Human beings are sinful, death is a tyranical reality that all of creation is subjugated by. Which is why the Christian proclamation is that Christ has conquered the powers and principalities by His suffering, death, and resurrection. And He who suffered, the very Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, is the same Lamb of God who reigns in heaven at the right hand of the Father, who will come again as judge of the living and the dead. And God will do right by all creation, setting all things to rights, making all things new. Just as we read in the Scriptures.

The Church does not abide in the fearmongering and gossips of men; but in the faithful and enduring word of God. Setting her faith and gaze upon Jesus Christ alone.

-CryptoLutheran

It was derogatory to see this thread moved to another forum, where it is common practice for close-minded people to not watch the video or read the article and then comment out of their own prejudice and ignorance.

I stopped reading your comment after i saw that you did not watch the video, for the same reasons, it would be a waste of time.

Take care

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Question: Do you believe that anything using sun symbolism is a reference to sun worship?
It depends on the context

Do you look at a child drawing a picture of the sun with crayons and think the child is engaging in sun worship?
Again it depends but if you are referencing say a family lined up in front of a house on a sunny day, then , no.

No? Then why would you assume that your fellow Christians are, especially when as already pointed out there is a biblical and theological basis for such symbolism that has nothing to do with sun worship?​

Probably from research. Do you know why the sun is used for the Monstrance?
Why assume "sun worship" when you look at a monstrance, rather than the more obvious thing: Jesus Christ is the light of the world, the sun of justice with healing in His rays. It's obviously about Jesus, not about sun worship. So why assume anything else?

-CryptoLutheran
We could jump into discussing the huge sun dial in St Peters square and how the Egyptian Obelisk (ancient Phallic symbol) is in the center.
From a Catholic site:

The piazza is shaped as an oval, representing the cosmos and illustrating how God’s providence orders all of creation. An ancient Egyptian obelisk, once built for a pagan god but now rededicated to Christ the King, stands at the piazza’s center and becomes the focal point of a giant sundial as it casts its shadow across the square throughout the day.

so then how is it sinful?
I never said it was sinful.
My friend, if I may call you a friend. I also was raised and educated in Catholic tradition. If anything, the sun is seen as a symbol of Christ. Certainly nothing to be worshipped or idolized. I think your interpretation is is strained. It seems as if you are looking for anything you can to criticize the Catholic Church. Actually you do not need to fabricate nonsense. There is plenty of legitimate criticism t be made in other issues. Care for the environment is not one of them.
It's not so much about care for God's creation it's about a deeper issue.

If we may get back to the OP, the Ecumenical repentance ceremony was more of my concern. Along with the fact of no trust in GOD. By Which I mean that those who say the earth is overpopulated (NWO, GGS) that there isn't enough food or water, that by using fossil fuels we are endangering everyone, that eating meat causes damage to the earth, etc.

If 'you' believe this kind of thing then you are basically saying that GOD isn't Omnipotent, Omnipresent or Omniscient. That He made creation without knowing how many people would eventually fill the earth. How the things he made and put there for mankind as well as all other things would not work in a symbiotic way. He didn't know how much the earth could support and thus needed man's help to correct it.

Attachments

• 1668969876369.png
    1668969876369.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Christ body is a glorified body, not a resuscitated corpse.
First part, yes it is, second part, which is why I wonder why the Pope carry's around a stick with a weak dead man on it.
Nobody has said otherwise. But the Scriptures also teach that we partake of Christ's body and blood in His Supper, read 1 Corinthians 10:16.

It is our Lord Jesus Himself who said, concerning the bread, "This is My body which is broken for you" and also taking a cup of wine said of it, "This is My blood of the New Covenant which is poured out for many".
The Gospels say that he taught (as the Rabbi he was) his disciples that the Passover Feast was about him. He was the spotless lamb and the blood of that lamb signified that those who were in the house had passed from death into life.
This is why he said 'Do THIS (the Passover with unleavened bread and wine) in remembrance of me.
Only once a year, not everyday and twice on Sunday.
duplicate

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If 'you' believe this kind of thing then you are basically saying that GOD isn't Omnipotent, Omnipresent or Omniscient.
But God did give us free will. We have a choice to care for creation or exploit it to the point of destruction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟213,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First part, yes it is, second part, which is why I wonder why the Pope carry's around a stick with a weak dead man on it.

The Gospels say that he taught (as the Rabbi he was) his disciples that the Passover Feast was about him. He was the spotless lamb and the blood of that lamb signified that those who were in the house had passed from death into life.
This is why he said 'Do THIS (the Passover with unleavened bread and wine) in remembrance of me.
Only once a year, not everyday and twice on Sunday.
Do you worship the sun?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟213,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then you sure do a lot of misrepresentation about what Catholics believe. I would bet that your prayer life was poor as a Catholic. I strongly suggest you establish a solid prayer life, a personal relationship with Jesus, your time would be much better spent that than trying to find fault with Catholics or other religions. If you don't believe then you don't believe, it is wrong to try and justify your own decisions by putting down and misrepresenting Catholicism.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then you sure do a lot of misrepresentation about what Catholics believe. I would bet that your prayer life was poor as a Catholic. I strongly suggest you establish a solid prayer life, a personal relationship with Jesus, your time would be much better spent that than trying to find fault with Catholics or other religions. If you don't believe then you don't believe, it is wrong to try and justify your own decisions by putting down and misrepresenting Catholicism.
I never said I was a Catholic, and I don't think that you can on one hand accuse me of misrepresenting the beliefs of others while making an assumption about my prayer life.

What I will say it that after seeing others 'praying the rosary' and reading the bible about prayers they did not seem to connect.

5“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites.​
For they love to pray standing in the synagogues churches and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.​
6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.​
7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.​
I choose to follow the Messiah's commandment about this. You are free to do it as you see fit.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟213,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I never said I was a Catholic, and I don't think that you can on one hand accuse me of misrepresenting the beliefs of others while making an assumption about my prayer life.

What I will say it that after seeing others 'praying the rosary' and reading the bible about prayers they did not seem to connect.

5“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites.​
For they love to pray standing in the synagogues churches and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.​
6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.​
7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.​
I choose to follow the Messiah's commandment about this. You are free to do it as you see fit.
Don't use VAIN repetitions as the pagans did. The pagans would pray for hours, babbling the same words and only substituting the name of a potential "god," they thought, if they could name the "god," it would give them power. I think it would well behoove you to study the history around Bible events, someone with a better knowledge of those events would not come to so many of your false conclusions. Sadly, you seem to work anti-Catholic accusation after accusation into the discussion. These forums are not for continued accusations about religions you may disagree with.
Do not be afraid to emulate Jesus in repeating a prayer, if you recall your Bible, Jesus, when praying in the garden, three times asked his Father the same question. Don't be afraid to read the Word of God more than once, this is not vain repetition as the pagans did. Don't just pray the Our Father once in your life because you mistakenly think repetition is wrong. It is VAIN repetition as the pagans did that you should avoid. Perhaps your anti-Catholic bias blinds you to the straightforward meaning of the Biblical text, "vain repetition" is not the same as "repetition." The St. Paul Center of Biblical Theology has free online Bible courses that I highly recommend that includes some needed historical background.

Last edited:
Upvote 0