Canada
✟71,497.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I couldnt find any threads on this already.

Pope meets with religious leaders on Mt. Sinai to issue new 10 commandments. what do you think? Seems like mockery to me. Ive searched for updates, i dont know if it will be after nov 18 that there will be updates on what is actually happening and whatever the "new 10 commandments" are.

Sabri
Sabri
This is horrible. This shows how quickly this world’s pace is going for its destruction. How sad.
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The environment/gaia is the new idol of those who continue to get rich and fly to meetings in jets and helicopters, while telling us that we "vill eat zee bugs" and be happy and own nothing. God has far better plans for us than that.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Pope meets with religious leaders on Mt. Sinai to issue new 10 commandments. what do you think? Seems like mockery to me. Ive searched for updates, i dont know if it will be after nov 18 that there will be updates on what is actually happening and whatever the "new 10 commandments" are.

Strange statements by the Pope

Supports evolution theory rather than the Genesis account as written

Pope Says God Not 'A Magician, With A Magic Wand'

well no .... God didn't "wave a magic wand" (what a thing to say) ... He spoke everything fully formed into existence with the exception of man who He personally formed from the dust of the earth and He created all in 6 literal days as written in His Word. We did not evolve from animals over billions of years.

diminishes the great commission (preaching the gospel)

As a rule, Francis distinguishes witness/evangelization from proselytizing. Unfortunately, he never defines what he means by proselytizing. Yes, he insists that it is bad. However, he does not tell us why. Nor does he distinguish between unethical and ethical means of proselytizing. It helps to turn to a document produced by a working group organized by the Catholic Church and the World Council of Churches, titled “The Challenge of Proselytism and the Calling to Common Witness.” The group formulated some basic points about what would constitute improper “proselytizing” in an ecumenical context:

Pope Francis: proselytism vs evangelization

Catholic Church and the World Council of Churches, titled “The Challenge of Proselytism and the Calling to Common Witness

Evangelization, Proselytism and Common Witness

You can do your own research on these things

According to the bible, we are to proclaim the good news of Jesus .... it's not a forced issue nor can it be, people decide whether to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior ... or not

Each of the four Gospels describes Jesus commissioning His disciples before His ascension. The disciples were to proclaim the gospel to the world (Mark 16:15), proclaim repentance for the forgiveness of sins to all nations (Luke 24:47), and were being sent by Jesus with the power of the Holy Spirit (John 20:21-22).

I encourage people to study the Word of God for themselves and make an informed decision.

The Catholic Church rejects nothing of what is *true and holy in these religions. She has a high regard for the manner of life and conduct, the precepts and doctrines which, although differing in many ways from her own teaching, nevertheless often reflect a ray of that truth which enlightens all men. Yet she proclaims and is in duty bound to proclaim without fail, Christ who is the way, the truth and the life (Jn. 1:6). In him, in whom God reconciled all things to himself (2 Cor. 5:18-19), men find the fullness of their religious life.

Library : Declaration on the Relation of the Church to Non-Christian Religions (Nostra Aetate)

*true and holy ... only Jesus is.

re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
Religion: God or gods

Many religions exclude Jesus ... it's all about Jesus not religions.

John 12:46

I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.

Psalm 119:130

The unfolding of Your words gives light;
It gives understanding to the simple.

Do your own careful research on these things.

Colossians 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

Is There Really

The Church is very clear here. There is no salvation apart from a salvific union with the Catholic Church. However, the Catechism continues:

Is this what Jesus taught?
Dominus Iesus

Nothing has changed or will change in regard to the catholic church regarding salvation, regardless of what "flowery" words may be spoken or written by them and/or agreed to by others.

Do your own research .... any teaching regardless where it comes from must be compared with His written word else one can be deceived.

Acts 17:11

Now these, who were more noble than those in Thessalonica, received the word with all readiness, on every day examining the Scriptures, whether these things were so.

May the Lord lead all into His truth. Amen.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you understand what proselytizing is?

It's when aid to the poor is given in exchange for their accepting
the teachings of Christianity.

Pope Francis merely says we should aid the poor without placing
a burden on them.

OH, and your first link is from NPR, which never cared much for
Catholicism, much less Christianity.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Yep, that conference is outwardly promoting Sun worship which isn't anything new for the RCC. Just look at the Monstrance??sp

upload_2022-11-14_11-3-35.png

Reactions: Blog00Mike00
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Do you have any actual evidence to support this claim?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yep, that conference is outwardly promoting Sun worship which isn't anything new for the RCC. Just look at the Monstrance??sp

View attachment 323195

Nope. The monstrance has nothing to do with "sun worship".

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Makes one wonder if this isn't somehow a replacement for the '10 commandments' that were blown up recently. (Georgia Guidestones)

The Georgia Guidestones were likely built by a white supremacist with crazy ideas, and has absolutely nothing to do with Catholicism or Christianity on the whole.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 323195

Totally false!

The monstrance is where the Sacred Body of Christ is kept.

It has nothing to do with sun worship, stop spreading lies about
the RCC.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Georgia Guidestones were likely built by a white supremacist with crazy ideas, and has absolutely nothing to do with Catholicism or Christianity on the whole.

-CryptoLutheran
Never said it did. Those had to do with 'environmental issues' as does this conference spoken of in the OP.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
cop27-logo-872x436-1.jpg

370222_8ebc0331e6c5f51ece89b4c65dc06e5e.png

5fb1074a8e2108763673cb38571b1f49c9d165c5_hq.jpg

dd94fee8de2d885a25571e2dbcdd9722.jpg

View attachment 323200

You see no resemblance?

Even if there were a resemblance that doesn't mean anything.

Resemblance =/= connection.

This is like saying that the fish symbol in Christianity actually is about Dagon or the zodiac sign of Pisces. There's no connection.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Never said it did. Those had to do with 'environmental issues' as does this conference spoken of in the OP.

So what was the point in bringing it up?

Also, is there something inherently wrong with talking about environmental issues?

I'm seeing a lot of tin-foil hat stuff here and not much else.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Totally false!

The monstrance is where the Sacred Body of Christ is kept.

It has nothing to do with sun worship, stop spreading lies about
the RCC.
I would have to disagree, no disrespect but the Body of My Messiah is in Heaven with his Father.

If it has nothing to do with the sun but only the son, then what are the rays emanating outward from it?

Reactions: Blog00Mike00
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I would have to disagree, no disrespect but the Body of My Messiah is in Heaven with his Father.

Why would it be mutually exclusive, especially when Scripture plainly teaches that we receive and partake of Christ's body and blood in His Supper (1 Corinthians 10:16).

If it has nothing to do with the sun but only the son, then what are the rays emanating outward from it?

Malachi 4:2
John 8:12
Hebrews 1:3

In the Nicene Creed we confess of the Lord Jesus Christ that He is "God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God".

Why would you leap to accusations of sun worship when there is solid biblical and confessional theology to explain the use of certain symbols in Christianity? Why assume that your brothers and sisters in Christ are off engaging in rampant paganism when they are simply believing and confessing the same Jesus Christ as you?

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Even if there were a resemblance that doesn't mean anything.

Resemblance =/= connection.

This is like saying that the fish symbol in Christianity actually is about Dagon or the zodiac sign of Pisces. There's no connection.

-CryptoLutheran

If there were?

Tell me how would you interpret this, what would you say it was symbolizing.

cop27-logo-872x436-1.jpg

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If there were?

Tell me how would you interpret this, what would you say it was symbolizing.

cop27-logo-872x436-1.jpg

I'd say it's a sun rising over the horizon with the Nile River delta. Representing Egypt, because the conference is being held in Egypt.

Which has nothing to do with sun worship or with a Catholic monstrance.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
So what was the point in bringing it up?

Also, is there something inherently wrong with talking about environmental issues?

I'm seeing a lot of tin-foil hat stuff here and not much else.

-CryptoLutheran
The point was this thread is about the '10 commandments of climate change' and the giving of those on the supposed Mt. Sinai.

The Georgia guidestones 'were' the New (age)10 commandments.
These are very similar to what I see this conference is all about.

GEORGIA GUIDE STONE COMMANDMENTS
  1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely—improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule Passion—Faith—Tradition—and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth—beauty—love—seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the earth—Leave room for nature—Leave room for nature.
Interpreted as

1. We must massively reduce the earth’s population in harmony with “Mother Earth.”
  2. We must manage the remaining people’s ability to reproduce, creating a pseudo- evolutionary system of survival of the fittest.
  3. Turn back God’s order of man to pre-Tower of Babel times.
  4. Tolerance must rule, even over truth.
  5. All humanity must come under a system of international law. International law means world management via a supranational authority.
  6. Each nation is accountable to the dictates of a world law authority. Sovereignty, in its presently understood form, would no longer exist.
  7. As seen as still on the old books
  8. Mankind will be subject to the group’s concept of social responsibility, whatever that may be.
  9. Those alive in this new order are to see God alive in all things—plants, rocks, animals, space, water, fire, air, and people. The idea is simple: God is in all because God is all. You too are therefore a god.
  10. Humanity must recognize its secondary place in “creation.” Nature, embodied as a “god,” comes first.
Do you not see the correlation?

Upvote 0