✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Elements of the Monstrance

Forms of the monstrance: Monstrances can take many forms. While older Monstrances often take the shape of a tower, most Monstrances today use the popular and recognizable shape of a sunburst atop a stem with a wider base.

From Catholic World Mission

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
From Holy Art.com

Monstrance, sun shaped, height 38cm, 8cm display case​

1668815053329.png

This one here has 'Suns' on the Suns rays
1668815117042.png

To me it's undeniable.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I hate to disillusion you but no anti-Catholic has told me anything. I go by what my eyes see and how my spirit reacts.
Then your eyes deceive you. For what you've expressed here isn't what the Church teaches. Get yourself
educated about Catholicism before you attack it.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Totally false!

The monstrance is where the Sacred Body of Christ is kept.

It has nothing to do with sun worship, stop spreading lies about
the RCC.
Christ and his BODY are in heaven. Read Scripture.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
From Holy Art.com

Monstrance, sun shaped, height 38cm, 8cm display case​

View attachment 323475

This one here has 'Suns' on the Suns rays
View attachment 323476

To me it's undeniable.

Not the same thing and your pics leave out the Blessed Sacrament, i.e. The Body of Christ in the center.

A monstrance, also known as an ostensorium (or an ostensory),[1] is a vessel used in Roman Catholic, Old Catholic, High Church Lutheran and Anglican churches for the display on an altar of some object of piety, such as the consecrated Eucharistic host during Eucharistic adoration or Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. It is also used as reliquary for the public display of relics of some saints.[2] The word monstrance comes from the Latin word monstrare,[3] while the word ostensorium came from the Latin word ostendere. Both terms, meaning "to show", are used for vessels intended for the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, but ostensorium has only this meaning.[2]

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Christ, being the 2nd person of the Holy Trinity, is omnipresent, or everywhere.

Christ body is a glorified body, not a resuscitated corpse.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I this what all the Kerfuffle is about?
The Ten Principles for Climate Repentance (mini versions) are:

1. We are stewards of this world
  2. Creation manifests divinity
  3. Everything in life is interconnected
  4. Do no harm
  5. Look after tomorrow
  6. Rise above ego for our world
  7. Change our inner climate
  8. Repent and return
  9. Every action matters
  10. Use mind, open heart

I think what we are really seeing in some of these responses is a resistance to repentance couched in indignation and diversion.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I this what all the Kerfuffle is about?
The Ten Principles for Climate Repentance (mini versions) are:

1. We are stewards of this world
  2. Creation manifests divinity
  3. Everything in life is interconnected
  4. Do no harm
  5. Look after tomorrow
  6. Rise above ego for our world
  7. Change our inner climate
  8. Repent and return
  9. Every action matters
  10. Use mind, open heart

I think what we are really seeing in some of these responses is a resistance to repentance couched in indignation and diversion.
Those "commandments" are SIN

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Prayers
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Im not claiming anything. I shared a video and asked for your thoughts. What on earth are you talking about?
Okay, well I didn't watch the video, because I could tell from the thumbnail that it was going to be a waste of time. But my thoughts are as follows: There's no such thing as "10 commandments about climate change", and the Pope isn't implementing any new 10 commandments. The Pope, like all Roman Catholics, have the same 10 commandments that the Bible has, which is what all Christians have always had from the beginning.

There, apparently, was a United Nations conference on climate change held in Egypt. There's nothing significant about that. But there will always be some people in the world who see demons in dandelions. The sort of people who genuinely believe lizard people exist, or who think there is a cabal of Jewish bankers, or secret devil worshipers plotting to bring about the end of the world. There's always something silly being promulgated and pushed.

But the common thread in all zany conspiracy theories is that there is a scary boogeyman hiding in the shadows, and only the special "in-the-know" people have their eyes open to the truth. Just like the ancient Gnostic heretics who believed they alone had access to the hidden truths and knowledge of the universe, the modern conspiracy theorists are special because of their esoteric and secret knowledge of how things "really" are. Everyone else is lost in ignorance and are merely "sheeple".

We don't need to believe in the ridiculous to recognize that this world is fallen, broken, and in need of redemption. Human beings are sinful, death is a tyranical reality that all of creation is subjugated by. Which is why the Christian proclamation is that Christ has conquered the powers and principalities by His suffering, death, and resurrection. And He who suffered, the very Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, is the same Lamb of God who reigns in heaven at the right hand of the Father, who will come again as judge of the living and the dead. And God will do right by all creation, setting all things to rights, making all things new. Just as we read in the Scriptures.

The Church does not abide in the fearmongering and gossips of men; but in the faithful and enduring word of God. Setting her faith and gaze upon Jesus Christ alone.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Nobody has said otherwise. But the Scriptures also teach that we partake of Christ's body and blood in His Supper, read 1 Corinthians 10:16.

It is our Lord Jesus Himself who said, concerning the bread, "This is My body which is broken for you" and also taking a cup of wine said of it, "This is My blood of the New Covenant which is poured out for many".

Also, have you not read in Ephesians where it is written that Christ fills all things (Ephesians 1:23).

The Scriptures boldly declare that the Lord Jesus, who lives and reigns at the right hand of the Father, is present in His Supper for us. He Himself declares this to be true.

Be careful that you do not sin against the body and blood of the Lord by turning His precious and holy Supper into a sacrilege (1 Corinthians 11:27-29).

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then your eyes deceive you. For what you've expressed here isn't what the Church teaches. Get yourself
educated about Catholicism before you attack it.
The Elements of the Monstrance

Forms of the monstrance: Monstrances can take many forms. While older Monstrances often take the shape of a tower, most Monstrances today use the popular and recognizable shape of a sunburst atop a stem with a wider base.

From Catholic World Mission
So what I'm seeing is an object that looks like the sun and I'm also seeing the words from a Catholic site that explains in plain English that today the Monstrances used are made in the shape of a sun burst, but my eyes are not comprehending that?

And this Catholic site has no idea what they are talking about?

1668888572937.png

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not the same thing and your pics leave out the Blessed Sacrament, i.e. The Body of Christ in the center.

A monstrance, also known as an ostensorium (or an ostensory),[1] is a vessel used in Roman Catholic, Old Catholic, High Church Lutheran and Anglican churches for the display on an altar of some object of piety, such as the consecrated Eucharistic host during Eucharistic adoration or Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. It is also used as reliquary for the public display of relics of some saints.[2] The word monstrance comes from the Latin word monstrare,[3] while the word ostensorium came from the Latin word ostendere. Both terms, meaning "to show", are used for vessels intended for the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, but ostensorium has only this meaning.[2]
Not the same thing as what? The reason that it's empty is because its from a commercial page to sell it. It is not in liturgical usage.

Are you posting the definition from wiki like I don't know what it is or what it's used for?

Upvote 0