Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We need to have more trust in this Pope. I realize the communication can be fuzzy and the media's constant attempts to twist his words don't help. But he cannot just go against the teaching of the Church.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Just as day was breaking, Jesus stood on the beach; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to them, 'Children, have you any fish?' They answered him, 'No.' He said to them, 'Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.' So they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in, for the quantity of fish." - Jn 21:4-6

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
LOL @ "pro-LBGT Catholic groups." That's like having "pro-butcher shop vegan groups."

Anyone who thinks our society hasn't completely lost its mind needs to think again. Talk about the elephant in the room.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL @ "pro-LBGT Catholic groups." That's like having "pro-butcher shop vegan groups."

Anyone who thinks our society hasn't completely lost its mind needs to think again. Talk about the elephant in the room.
Well it is just like people that claim to be a pagan Christian. A Buddhist Christian,etc. people literally pick and choose and make their own religion, God, tenents, etc. the epitome of picking and choosing at the cafeteria.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Furthermore If they are so disappointed about this hopeful pope that turned out to be another bigoted and narrow minded ahole why don't they go ahead and start their own church?!

They may call it sometime similar, they may copy our lists of seven sacraments and marry gays, have female/ transexual or whatnot pastors, I need help to understand this psychotic desire to adopt their mindset into a church which is well know for it's ridgity towards abnormalities such as them.

I guess I'm going to die one day without ever fully understanding this...

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Furthermore If they are so disappointed about this hopeful pope that turned out to be another bigoted and narrow minded ahole why don't they go ahead and start their own church?!

They may call it sometime similar, they may copy our lists of seven sacraments and marry gays, have female/ transexual or whatnot pastors, I need help to understand this psychotic desire to adopt their mindset into a church which is well know for it's ridgity towards abnormalities such as them.

I guess I'm going to die one day without ever fully understanding this...

That is the problem with this whole homosexual thing. If anyone dares to suggest that all is not well in LGB land, they are apostates who are condemned to hell for their heresy according to their nefarious theology straight out of the Queen Janes version of the Bible.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Perhaps they are like the person who said he was a vegetarian as he always has vegetables with his steak.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well it is just like people that claim to be a pagan Christian. A Buddhist Christian,etc. people literally pick and choose and make their own religion, God, tenents, etc. the epitome of picking and choosing at the cafeteria.
I have heard of Buddhist Christians and Confuscian Christians. Since those are atheistic/agnostic philosophies, I can see how they could be compatible.

A good book I've been meaning to read is Christ the Eternal Tao, written by an Orthodox priest.

http://www.sainthermanmonastery.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37547

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes that is their aim and what they expect. They do not care about doing away with Church teaching or Scripture for that matter. Which is what the teachings are based on.
Honestly, what did they expect to happen?
A full scale redefinition of the Catholic view on holy matrimony?
The church turning it's back on the ancient teaching of "drinking a cup of wrath" if going to the Lords table in a state of mortal sin?

What's their aim?
I'm so puzzled...

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

You might want to read your catechism again. There is no reason any homosexual can't be Catholic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic

If you know a loving Catholic parent of a gay or transgendered person you know someone who is Catholic and pro at least 1 lgb or t person. It's not a joke. It's agonizing to these families to have to choose between their own church dogma and their children.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's quite amazing to see these groups analyze Pope Francis. It's like the put years of his statements about the importance of the family, and years of his refusal to call homosexual acts good in one column, and put his statement "Who am I to judge" in the other, and conclude that on the whole he's probably going to say that there is nothing wrong about any aspect of homosexuality or homosexual acts.

The "who am I to judge" comment seems to have been to Pope Francis to be an offhand remark which is no more or less important than any of the other hundreds of offhand remarks that he has made. But to the secular world it is treated as the single most important thing that he has ever said, far more important than his encyclical or his current pastoral letter. It reveals a lot more about the secular world than it does about Pope Francis.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's quite amazing to see these groups analyze Pope Francis. It's like the put years of his statements about the importance of the family, and years of his refusal to call homosexual acts good in one column, and put his statement "Who am I to judge" in the other, and conclude that on the whole he's probably going to say that there is nothing wrong about any aspect of homosexuality or homosexual acts.

The "who am I to judge" comment seems to have been to Pope Francis to be an offhand remark which is no more or less important than any of the other hundreds of offhand remarks that he has made. But to the secular world it is treated as the single most important thing that he has ever said, far more important than his encyclical or his current pastoral letter. It reveals a lot more about the secular world than it does about Pope Francis.

I would agree with that one hundred per cent. I have noticed on this forum that atheists are taskmasters at picking out one comment in a post by a christian, focusing on that, criticising and carping and suggesting the whole post and thinking is deficient but ignoring the rest of the post that has much more important things to say. In other words, they only pick out those things that they can criticise. To applaud or commend is so far from their thinking that they are a prisoner of their own dogma. When you point this out to them they cry foul and go whimpering to a moderator that you are picking on them.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you know a loving Catholic parent of a gay or transgendered person you know someone who is Catholic and pro at least 1 lgb or t person. It's not a joke. It's agonizing to these families to have to choose between their own church dogma and their children.

Sorry RKO but are you suggesting that a child takes priority over the revealed word of God and the teachings of the church?

My son is happily married and has children, but at one stage he was a drug user. Am I supposed to say that the church is wrong to condemn drug taking and approve of what he did?

Upvote 0