Pope Francis Meets With U.S. LGBT Group New Ways Ministry Previously Denounced by Vatican

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus promised the Church will endure forever. America will not.
Neither will this pope....or the minions he has appointed into high office.

To be perfectly blunt, I've about had it with Francis. I will continue to adhere to the Deposit of the Faith that we have had for 2,000 years; anything that Frank says from this point, well, I believe I will simply not pay too much attention to it, as it is clear that he has no intention of making his statements clear, or a display of his adherence to the aforementioned Deposit too stringently.

I remember reading about a number of popes from history who were real doozies:
  • Pope John XII (955–964), was an adulterer and a fornicator with numerous women, one of whom was his own father's concubine, and another was his own sister's daughter. He had his own confessor blinded, gave land to a mistress, murdered several people (one of them a cardinal whom he had castrated first), and was killed by a man who caught the pope in bed with his wife.
  • Pope Benedict IX (1032–1044, 1045, 1047–1048), who was guilty of rape, murder, violence, homosexual sodomy, and even inappropriate behavior with animals.
  • Pope Urban VI (1378–1389), who complained that he did not hear enough screaming when Cardinals who had conspired against him were tortured.
  • Pope Alexander VI (1492–1503), a Borgia, who was guilty of fornication and adultery with numerous different women, who bore him seven and possibly even more children. It was rumored that one of the women he slept with was his own daughter, Lucretzia.
  • Pope Leo X (1513–1521), who enjoyed luxury and big parties; he ended up putting the Holy See into massive debt to fund his political wars and his lavish lifestyle; he even instructed his cardinals to pawn papal jewels, palace furniture, precious metals, even ancient statues of the Apostles, in order to remain solvent. He borrowed so much money from banks that when he died, numerous financial firms were ruined.
Granted, Francis has done nothing so lurid; but one wonders what social and spiritual waves he will yet produce----and what future historians will have to say about him.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

To be perfectly blunt, I've about had it with Francis. I will continue to adhere to the Deposit of the Faith that we have had for 2,000 years; anything that Frank says from this point, well, I believe I will simply not pay too much attention to it, as it is clear that he has no intention of making his statements clear, or a display of his adherence to the aforementioned Deposit too stringently.

• Pope John XII (955–964), was an adulterer and a fornicator with numerous women, one of whom was his own father's concubine, and another was his own sister's daughter. He had his own confessor blinded, gave land to a mistress, murdered several people (one of them a cardinal whom he had castrated first), and was killed by a man who caught the pope in bed with his wife.
  • Pope Benedict IX (1032–1044, 1045, 1047–1048), who was guilty of rape, murder, violence, homosexual sodomy, and even inappropriate behavior with animals.
  • Pope Urban VI (1378–1389), who complained that he did not hear enough screaming when Cardinals who had conspired against him were tortured.
  • Pope Alexander VI (1492–1503), a Borgia, who was guilty of fornication and adultery with numerous different women, who bore him seven and possibly even more children. It was rumored that one of the women he slept with was his own daughter, Lucretzia.
  • Pope Leo X (1513–1521), who enjoyed luxury and big parties; he ended up putting the Holy See into massive debt to fund his political wars and his lavish lifestyle; he even instructed his cardinals to pawn papal jewels, palace furniture, precious metals, even ancient statues of the Apostles, in order to remain solvent. He borrowed so much money from banks that when he died, numerous financial firms were ruined.
Somehow the Church survived all of that. Maybe with prayer we survive this. Popes come and go.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Granted, Francis has done nothing so lurid; but one wonders what social and spiritual waves he will yet produce----and what future historians will have to say about him.
I remember reading about those Popes as well and Pope Benedict IX being one of the youngest in history (9-20) and he was pope three times before hew as deposed.

Francis is probably getting towards the end of his life and papacy and there will be a new Holy Father. I have trust in God's faithfulness which never ends.

Upvote 0