POLL: Does God have a sense of humor?

Do you think God has a sense of humor?

• Yes, God has a sense of humor.

• No, God doesn't have a sense of humor.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are your thoughts on this? He created us with a sense of humor (at least, most of us). Why shouldn't he have one?

One of the passages in the Bible that always makes me chuckle is 1 Kings 19 where G-d keeps Elijah alive to make the journey...and then speaks to him and asks him what he is doing there...this comes after great drama, divine intervention etc etc, then you get this tender intimate exchange between the Prophet and YHWH...it's lovely.

Elijah Flees Jezebel

1Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. 2Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “So may the gods do to me and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by this time tomorrow.” 3Then he was afraid, and he arose and ran for his life and came to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there.
4But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he asked that he might die, saying, “It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life, for I am no better than my fathers.” 5And he lay down and slept under a broom tree. And behold, an angel touched him and said to him, “Arise and eat.” 6And he looked, and behold, there was at his head a cake baked on hot stones and a jar of water. And he ate and drank and lay down again. 7And the angel of the Lord came again a second time and touched him and said, “Arise and eat, for the journey is too great for you.” 8And he arose and ate and drank, and went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights to Horeb, the mount of God.
The Lord Speaks to Elijah
9There he came to a cave and lodged in it. And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and he said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

REPOST:

i think we do find Jesus, "joking" as it were.

this is the closest i find in the bilbe of a joke, by Jesus, no less:

Matthew 17:24-27 (NKJV)
24 When they had come to Capernaum, those who received the temple tax came to Peter and said, “Does your Teacher not pay the temple tax?”
25 He said, “Yes.”
And when he had come into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth take customs or taxes, from their sons or from strangers?”
26 Peter said to Him, “From strangers.”
Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are free. 27 Nevertheless, lest we offend them, go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first. And when you have opened its mouth, you will find a piece of money; take that and give it to them for Me and you.”

Jesus was the Son of God and yet he had to pay the temple tax!

a bit of ironic humor.

i think Jesus is being humorous here, by performing one of the oddest miracles in the bilbe.

and He was probably laughing while He was saying "take that and give it to them for Me and you.”

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What are your thoughts on this? He created us with a sense of humor (at least, most of us). Why shouldn't he have one?

Yes. He created me. But He loves me anyway, although fer the life of me i cain't figure out why...ut i'm thankful He does....that's why i love Him so much
4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Yes. He created me. But He loves me anyway, although fer the life of me i cain't figure out why...but i'm thankful He does....that's why i love Him so much
4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0