Will sins of this life be remembered in Heaven?

• No, not by God or by anyone else.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • God will remember, but not reward us according to our sins.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By these scriptures, are we to believe that God has genuinely not just forgiven, but forgotten our sins?

Heb_8
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
(Lit. I will by no means remember any more.)

Isaiah 43
25. I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Jer 31
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Other verses use similar language.
Cleanse us from all unrighteousness
Blot out our sins (so they cannot be seen)

By this logic, will we remember our own sins or the sins of those who sinned against us?

Reactions: sandman

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
By these scriptures, are we to believe that God has genuinely not just forgiven, but forgotten our sins?

Heb_8
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Isaiah 43
25. I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Jer 31
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

By this logic, will we remember our own sins or the sins of those who sinned against us?
  1. Someday …..someday ….someday ….(and it may not be until He returns) I would love to not remember my iniquities.

Talk about a resurrection…. there are areas I cannot drive in Chicago and Detroit because of my past…

If I see certain neighborhoods or landmarks I resurrect and briefly relive incidents that just make me quiver.

I know God has forgiven and forgotten … and I am truly thankful for that….I just hope one day that I could not remember them.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  1. Someday …..someday ….someday ….(and it may not be until He returns) I would love to not remember my iniquities.

Talk about a resurrection…. there are areas I cannot drive in Chicago and Detroit because of my past…

If I see certain neighborhoods or landmarks I resurrect and briefly relive incidents that just make me quiver.

I know God has forgiven and forgotten … and I am truly thankful for that….I just hope one day that I could not remember them.
You and me to. If you had messed with many women early in life, would you want to see them in heaven (and they you) with that in your memory?

Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟411,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
God is beyond time, so remember, which is an action that requires time, is outside the parameters by which we might understand God. Genesis begins, depending on how you go about rendering the Hebrew, In the beginning, God was already creating...

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,896.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Heb_8

Isaiah 43

Jer 31

If you look at verses which assert God specifically remembering, you realize it's not about whether an incident still resides in God's omniscient mind, but whether God will take action on it. For instance:

But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark.... -- Genesis 8

Are we to think that Noah and those animals, being the only creatures left alive on earth, had ever left God's attention? No, it was at that moment that God took action, and that's what "remember" means in scripture. Contrarywise, to "forget" something means that God intends never to take action on it.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you look at verses which assert God specifically remembering, you realize it's not about whether an incident still resides in God's omniscient mind, but whether God will take action on it. For instance:

But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark.... -- Genesis 8

Are we to think that Noah and those animals, being the only creatures left alive on earth, had ever left God's attention? No, it was at that moment that God took action, and that's what "remember" means in scripture. Contrarywise, to "forget" something means that God intends never to take action on it.
It sounds like, at least in part, He is forgetting the sins for His own purposes. He does not want to remember them:

Isa 43:
25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Heb_8

Isaiah 43

Jer 31

Our sins are totally forgiven by God (like they never happened) … will not experience guilt … we are freed from guilt.

We will remember our sins but will not experience guilt over them.

Blotting out our sins is in relation to Jesus applying His blood and paying our debt (which is death)

We will be deemed not guilty (sinless) because of the shedding of Christs blood.

If God will not hold our sin against us then why would we?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
.....will we remember our own sins or the sins of those who sinned against us?
Hello SavedByGrace3, it's certainly heartening to know what God does/will do concerning the sins that we commit, and that He has forgiven :amen: However, if we do not (in some sense) remember our own sins/sinfulness in the eternity to come (IOW, if we do not remember why He needed to come here as man and why it was necessary for Him to be our Savior), what meaning would a phrase like "worthy is the Lamb that was slain" have for any of us?
Thanks!
God bless you!!
--David
Revelation 5
11 I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands,
12 saying with a loud voice,
“Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”
13 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying,
“To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”
14 And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello SavedByGrace3, it's certainly heartening to know what God does/will do concerning the sins that we commit, and that He has forgiven :amen: However, if we do not (in some sense) remember our own sins/sinfulness in the eternity to come (IOW, if we do not remember why He needed to come here as man and why it was necessary for Him to be our Savior), what meaning would a phrase like "worthy is the Lamb that was slain" have for any of us?
Thanks!
God bless you!!
--David
Revelation 5
11 I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands,
12 saying with a loud voice,
“Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”
13 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying,
“To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”
14 And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Heb_8

Isaiah 43

Jer 31

When someone does something wrong and it goes on their record, it's preserved and is (or can be) held against them. But if the deed is wiped from the record, it's as if they never did it--as far as the record is concerned, and so it no longer stands against them.

Think of it that way, rather than "literal forget". God doesn't have a bad memory, and neither will we experience some kind of amnesia. Rather, grace wipes the record clean. By grace we are being renewed, and by grace we will one day be fully transformed--we shall see with resurrected eyes, speak with resurrected lips; no longer haunted by sin and death; but dwell in the indescribably fullness of God's all-consuming love and goodness in that future world.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0